Interesting Stat from watching Thursday Night Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Stat from watching Thursday Night Football

Burger, i suggest you read this.. maybe you missed it.

we have such an inept offensive coaching staff that we don't even have an answer when a team decides to double an alpha receiver. Talk about elementary.

This is how horrible this coaching staff is at adjusting. Sparano and Henning belong at the high school level of coaching football.

thanks, I hadn't seen that.

maybe there's truth to it...

again, we are 28th in scoring so it is impossible to say that Henning is doing a good job. I just refuse to say that all of the offensive problems lie with the coaching staff. Good execution could make almost any gameplan look good, and poor execution is going to kill any gameplan. At some point the players need to make plays.

thanks, I hadn't seen that.

maybe there's truth to it...

again, we are 28th in scoring so it is impossible to say that Henning is doing a good job. I just refuse to say that all of the offensive problems lie with the coaching staff. Good execution could make almost any gameplan look good, and poor execution is going to kill any gameplan. At some point the players need to make plays.
The point of the OC though is to be able to help the offense as much as possible, so even if they don't execute 100% of the time they can recover. This offense cannot do that, and I firmly believe it is Henning's retarded play calls.

If that is the case...THEN WHY THE **** do we not start with the ball and try to take a lead!!! Why are we ALWAYS choosing to kick off first.

If that is the case...THEN WHY THE **** do we not start with the ball and try to take a lead!!! Why are we ALWAYS choosing to kick off first.

I believe the stat is referring to the first time we have the ball as opposed to the very first drive of the game. If they get the ball first, then we get it, then our first possession still factors into this stat.

What do I make of it ?

It means the Dolphins script their plays on the first drive and practice it all week.

But we have a moron for a head coach and an other at OC who have absolutely no "feel" for the game and how to adjust in-game.

Thankfully the Raiders have a coaching staff that is just as inept and played us in man-to-man the entire game.. They're the only team this year to have done so., The only other team was the packers, they played us in man but they adjusted at halftime. The scouting report on the dolphins is to play them in zone as Henne has always had trouble against it, but again, the raiders ignored it.

It also helped that Nnamdi played with a very bad ankle and missed half the game - plus having a horrible corner there who was a rookie 5th round pick in McFadden helped us greatly. Not to mention their 3rd nickel CB didn't play either and was out.

There are many factors involved as to why the Dolphins offense looked better last week. That won't happen every week though, as we've seen already this season.

So the Dolphins are the only team who script their first drive and practice it all week? Oh wait, every team in the league does that! So that is not the reason we are one of the best on our frist drive now is it?

Miami ...205 points scored
defense... 6 points scored
safety...2 points scored
Carpenter's leg...95 points scored
PURE OFFENSE...102 POINTS SCORED

I think its one of our little successes because every team scripts their first bunches of plays to score 6 every time.

What it may mean, if I understand the stat right, is that our D and others could be stopping other teams more than they are stopping us.

The only stat in the end to care about though is wins/losses.

Either..

a) The Dolphins coaching staff has difficulty making adjustments as the game progresses.

b) The Dolphins players are out of shape, and wear down later in the game.

Back
Top Bottom