interesting tidbit about the difference in reciever coaches | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

interesting tidbit about the difference in reciever coaches

then again I think it wont matter because we have jay still throwing the ball. I really hope that somebdy else steps up at the qb situation. As for sullivan I think he is a great WR coach. IMHO I think chambers and Boston will flourish by teaching the minor things that was probably overlooked by ford. My only main concern is that guys like thompson who couldnt get any seperation with single coverage will not get the job done. Chambers nor Boston usually never has problems when facing single coverage.

AquaAssasin said:
it has alot to do with speed and quickness not so much route running..

As for jerry rice he had alot of speed and to mention the fact that it was a west coast offense. short passing routes, high percentage plays..

Jerrry rice turned short yardage plays into long ones due to his after the catch play ability and speed..

Rice only runs like a 4.5.....not exactly blazing, but what he does do is run the best routes in the NFL. The exact same way every time, and that keeps the db unsure of what route your runing, which dosn't let them anticipate you're move and give the reviever that extra second to make a break and get the ball. Seperation has a TON to do with route running.

BTW did I spell route right? It looks so funny.

phin in the NW said:
The thing about free-lancing your routes is you have to be so comfortable with your qb that you know you are thinking the same thing as he is, for example Harrison and Manning. Feidler has missed major time the last two years and we have had some serious wr turnover. Now we aren't even sure who will be under center. I don't think there is enough of a connection between our wr's and qb to improvise much out there. I'm glad perciseness in our route running is being stressed, may cut down on turnovers in the long run.
Also, i believe if a wr with average speed is a very good route runner and sells his fakes he can get seperation. Mabie not a home run baller, but someone who moves the chains.

Anyone in here old enough to remember Howard Twilly? Laughably slow but perfect route runner. An earlier version of Steve Largent.

Back
Top Bottom