Interesting... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting...

gravyfries

Starter
Reaction score
Saw this when reading up on my fantasy team over on espn:

"The Dolphins' remaining opponents have a combined 27-39 record (.409), second worst, and they don't face a single defense ranked in the top 10 in yards per game allowed. Of particular interest to Ronnie Brown owners should be that Miami plays six of its final 10 games against bottom-10 rush defenses."

A reason to be positive, perhaps?

Yup, this is exactly what I looked at when I predicted that we finish out the season at about 8-8, or perhaps even 9-7. Gotta tear down before you build back up. Saban needed to make this team stop being a team that beats opponents it shouldn't beat and loses to opponents it shouldn't lose to, to a team that beats teams they should beat and loses to teams they should lose to. That is when you can get a handle on the team and start making adjustments, improvements, etc...from personnel to technique to strategy...because until the team stops surprising you, you probably don't have a handle on them enough to make real improvement.

couldn't agree more. it seems, historically, that we win and lose inconsistently. maybe it's a south florida thing, the 'canes seem to be the same way!

gravyfries said:

"The Dolphins' remaining opponents have a combined 27-39 record (.409), second worst, and they don't face a single defense ranked in the top 10 in yards per game allowed. Of particular interest to Ronnie Brown owners should be that Miami plays six of its final 10 games against bottom-10 rush defenses."

WOW that is huge considering we came in with what the hardest or close to it, schedule in the NFL. This is a golden opportunity to turn a lackluster season into a potential mini-run. If we were to say, roll off 3 in a row, this team's psyche could theoretically take it pretty far.

Confidence takes you a long way.

gravyfries said:

Maybe but consider what opponents see when they see Miami on the sched- a team w/ a .333 win% and 18th in yards allowed.

Unlikely in my opinion that we roll off three more wins.

This to me seems like one of those classic cases where a new coaching staff comes in inheriting a losing franchise, and they struggle mightily in the first half of the season, then come back and go on an impressive winning streak in the second half of the season. At the halfway point, after New Orleans and Atlanta, I see us being about 3-5. But, I also expect us to go on a 5-3 or 6-2 tear after that to end up 8-8. And, if the AFC East doesn't shape up, 8-8 or 9-7 could win the damn division lol.

nyjunc said:
Maybe but consider what opponents see when they see Miami on the sched- a team w/ a .333 win% and 18th in yards allowed.
True, but the Jets are worse..:rofl3:

Winbaby#23 said:
True, but the Jets are worse..:rofl3:

worse record by 1/2 a game but our D is ranked higher and one of our 2 wins is against a certain aqua and orange team :D

nyjunc said:
worse record by 1/2 a game but our D is ranked higher and one of our 2 wins is against a certain aqua and orange team :D

yea lets start a "Who sucks more" arguement. Those are always fun.

nyjunc said:
What else do we have to do? :lol: :cry:

Good point.

Wouldn't it be awesome in the Jet game if it was Cleo Lemon versus Brook Bollinger?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Good point.

Wouldn't it be awesome in the Jet game if it was Cleo Lemon versus Brook Bollinger?

That would be quite a battle evoking memories of class Marino-O'Brien duels :lol:

Back
Top Bottom