Is it possible that Reshad Jones being shopped? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is it possible that Reshad Jones being shopped?

At this point nothing would surprise me. They could trade or cut Jones and there would be a story about locker room issues and whatnot. Attribute the cut/trade to culture change or wanting smarter players or whatever buzzword they want to throw out.

Everyone the Dolphins cut is an ignorant savage.

Better not be.

This offseason has me loopy and FA hasn't officially started yet. I'm still adjusting to the fact i'm rooting for Danny Amendola this year.

No, it's not

Ozzy rules!!

Not advocating, but it could be possible. I didn't want to see Juice go. or Ajayi. & I don't want to lose Reshad. Obviously a lot going on behind the scenes that even the media isn't privy to. Gase should be given some credit for having the offense improve after Ajayi left. Hopefully the move is to move Pouncey, that would provide far more benefit. Perhaps not as much $, but far more culture.

Last edited:
Every move fits so far but Cody Parkey. Why Gase would not want to "build this team around" him, I have no idea.

I knew any Tannehill trade talk was nonsense. He is another Gase pillar.

Every move fits so far but Cody Parkey. Why Gase would not want to "build this team around" him, I have no idea.

I knew any Tannehill trade talk was nonsense. He is another Gase pillar.
I don't know if a kicker you signed as a free agent and played for you for one season can be included as a player to build around, but I'd have liked to have kept him as well.

Do we know what Chicago's offer was that he accepted?

They can't trade him before the draft..That would show the entire world that they want James or Mincah.

I also know Burke loves 3 S looks. So I still doubt Miami will get rid of their best one.

Does he really? **** that'd be awesome. Derwin James playing alongside Reshad Jones seems like such a pipe dream, but would be awesome if it was a reality.

I've read that James is a natural leader, as well. Seems blue-chip all the way around.

Does he really? **** that'd be awesome. Derwin James playing alongside Reshad Jones seems like such a pipe dream, but would be awesome if it was a reality.

I've read that James is a natural leader, as well. Seems blue-chip all the way around.

He seems like a great player, and exactly the kind of guy the Dolphins needed in the locker room last season. With all the holes, would we go Safety? Assuming we don't go QB and he's still there at 11 I'd be very happy with him!

If anything he will be traded, not cut. We gain nothing on the salary by cutting him.

Jones' cap number in 2018 if he's with us is 11.6m. The options are:
1) If we cut him right now, his 2018 cap number goes up to 17.1m (yes, his cap number is higher when he's not on the roster).
2) If we cut him and designate him a post-June-1 cut, his cap number will be 11.6m in 2018 (no change) and 5.5 in 2019.
3) If we trade him right now, his 2018 cap number goes down to 7.4m.
4) If we trade him post June 1, his 2018 cap number will be 1.8m and 5.5 in 2019.

Nope, I firmly believe he is a big building block for the D. Mr. G5 will be here for a long time in my personal opinion.

He just restructured his contract so I’d say ZERO chance now

If anything he will be traded, not cut. We gain nothing on the salary by cutting him.

Jones' cap number in 2018 if he's with us is 11.6m. The options are:
1) If we cut him right now, his 2018 cap number goes up to 17.1m (yes, his cap number is higher when he's not on the roster).
2) If we cut him and designate him a post-June-1 cut, his cap number will be 11.6m in 2018 (no change) and 5.5 in 2019.
3) If we trade him right now, his 2018 cap number goes down to 7.4m.
4) If we trade him post June 1, his 2018 cap number will be 1.8m and 5.5 in 2019.
He restructured.

He just restructured his contract so I’d say ZERO chance now

Yep, this settles it. This is best case scenario, a win-win. He stay & does the team a solid.

They did go to him for cap relief, so perhaps this was a possibility if he refused? Either way, it worked out great & I think it could with JuWan James, as well, if they can come up with a reasonable long term deal.

Jones is still a good player, I personally don't see it......and of course he just restructured.

Back
Top Bottom