Is Rich Gannon a realistic possibility? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Rich Gannon a realistic possibility?

brad_bulldawg54

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Do you guys think we should atleast attempt a trade for Rich Gannon he may be old,,but i think he could still have a good 2 to 3 years left,,that would give us enough time to groom someone,,because honestly i think jay fiedler has had more than his fare share of chances and hes even had ricky williams...and i just dont really no nothing on AJ Feeley,,i mean hes on had 5 carrer starts,,,but i do know rich gannon was a league mvp a few years ago,,,I defienetly think we should try and get him...

More than likely, he'll end up starting for Oakland. I think he has a good year or two left as well, but I highly doubt we will add any more QBs to our roster.

NO! IMO he does not a 3 years in him. Grandfather time has caught up to him. He might have 1 or even maybe 2. Even so, the Fins have to think future and getting a young QB if Feeley does not pan out.

If we were gonna get Gannon, I say get rid of Fiedler then get Gannon... I would be content with either Gannon or Feeley starting. Either one would be a great backup

trade ogunleye and fiedler to chicago for rex grossman and a number 1 next year...

just a dream.................

wonderl33t said:
If we were gonna get Gannon, I say get rid of Fiedler then get Gannon... I would be content with either Gannon or Feeley starting. Either one would be a great backup

Cmon, even in his prime, Gannon was no good throwing the ball downfield. He's a great West Coast Offense QB because he can scramble and throw the great shortball. Fiedler has always been a poor-man's Gannon. But bringing in an old Gannon would never free up the 8-9 defenders in the box there to stop Ricky. Ask any chiefs/raiders fans, they know Gannon can't throw a decent long ball. We need someone who can throw down the field to Chambers/Boston.

DREADED-ONE said:
trade ogunleye and fiedler to chicago for rex grossman and a number 1 next year...

just a dream.................
That wuold get this whole town crazy, in a good way i mean. Grossman is going to be good this year,,

Can we win a SB said:
That wuold get this whole town crazy, in a good way i mean. Grossman is going to be good this year,,

Running Chicago's O, not ours, any QB coming in now would be like BG last year, it's too late.

Its not going to happen.Why you may ask.?
1.- Too late.Its too late for him to learn the playbook and get familiar with the rcvrs.
2.- One might assume that having Trestman as a coach would make it easier for Gannon to adapt but Dave has made it clear he does not want the West coast type of offense.So much so that he has basically demoted Trestman.
3.- I cant imagine the Fins havin 3 QBs with starting salaries.Thet are not getting rid of Jay at this stage as he is the only QB besides Sage that knows the playbook.They will not get rid of AJ because that would be an admission of a mistake.

I predict Gannon will finish his career as a Raider.

ThunderCane said:
NO! IMO he does not a 3 years in him. Grandfather time has caught up to him. He might have 1 or even maybe 2. Even so, the Fins have to think future and getting a young QB if Feeley does not pan out.
What he said !

Gannon was indeed the league MVP just two short years ago, but he`s not the same player now. I`ll be shocked if Kerry Collins is not the Raiders starting quaterback by seasons end.

Gannon i think is done.... he is old... and with the o-line this year if its not goood he will be a sitting duck... like warner.... i dont want that!

Back
Top Bottom