Is Soliai worth a 2d pick? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Soliai worth a 2d pick?

I would disagree about a 2nd for Ronnie but you never know what they will do.

With Ricky heading out (so he says) after next season and we have no Ronnie, we wouldn't be in a good situation. There is no guarantee that they draft a RB stud in the draft IF they let Ronnie go. I would just rather keep him around.

I could be completely wrong!

i can see it both ways...you keep him around 1 more year at a fair rate of $5 mil and then next year you're stuck with either paying a then 29 year old rb (who's been on ir 2 of the last 3 years) a top money contract to keep him or you could lose him for free...

i just don't think it makes sense to resign a then 29 year old rb long term...i guess we could tag him for 1 year after next season but i think the regime will likely let ronnie go at the end of next season at the latest...

so do you get a draft pick for him now or do you just let him play it out and likely walk for free next offseason???

and do you draft his replacement this season so that when ricky does leave next season that pick is ready to come in and be the lead back???

i can see it both ways...you keep him around 1 more year at a fair rate of $5 mil and then next year you're stuck with either paying a then 29 year old rb (who's been on ir 2 of the last 3 years) a top money contract to keep him or you could lose him for free...

i just don't think it makes sense to resign a then 29 year old rb long term...i guess we could tag him for 1 year after next season but i think the regime will likely let ronnie go at the end of next season at the latest...

so do you get a draft pick for him now or do you just let him play it out and likely walk for free next offseason???

and do you draft his replacement this season so that when ricky does leave next season that pick is ready to come in and be the lead back???

Those are the key points. We gotta get something for Ronnie now. Too bad we won't be able to tender him for the 1st and 3rd and expect to get that but I think if we tender him for a 2nd, he'll get signed by a RB-needy team like CLE, DET, HOU, PHI or WSH and we'll at least get their 2nd round pick.

Then we use 1.12 on Spiller or a 2nd rounder on Dwyer or Best and we're in good shape.

The other issue with Ronnie is you just never know if he'll even deliver 16 games next year anyway. Sorry, Ronnie is just too injury prone, does not deliver enough home runs and is now getting over the hill.

The 2 guys on are line that have the most value are Merling and Langford (Starks we are not trading). I probably would trade either one for a second, but I get rid of Merling before Langford. I don't get rid of both obviously. And worst comes to worse, u keep both.

Reason being? Yea we have depth, but this is a TEAM, u can only play so many guys . . . if the second being traded gives us a guy like Brandon Graham or Golden Tate (both may be 1st rounders by draft time, but just saying) . . . u improve other areas of the team that need improvement, and u still keep solid DE depth with Langford, Starks, McDaniel and Dotsen . . . and who is to say we don't bring in a late round pick or a UDFA and they have success as a backup.

We draft McClain in the first, and a guy like Dez Bryant is slipping into the 20's somehow . . . we can package our 2 seconds and snatch him up. It just gives us options.

As far Soliai . . . ur joking thinking he is worth a 2nd . . . right? If u can squeeze a 5th for him u have gotten lucky . . . personally I rather keep him as a backup and keep our NT depth decent. There isn't that many NT prospects in this draft, Soliai probably more talented then all of them outside of Williams motor and the size and strength of Cody (though I am not a draft expert). Maybe if a team wanting to run the 3-4 gets desperate they think of a 4th . . . but we aren't in the best NT postion to do that.

my thought are this regime seems to be able to find solid ends pretty easily heck we got mcdaniel for peanuts and they from what i understand like dotsons pass rush abilities so why not trade a backup de like merling and bring dotson into that role and if need be use a late pick on a developmental end

merling was pretty much the nickle and dime rush end anyways from what i saw...he's not beating out langford or starks so couldn't a guy like dotson lauded for his pass rush skills step into that role pretty easily and fill merlings void???

also this regime must like dotson cause they never once released him etc with all the injuries we sustained despite having solid de depth in front of him...

Everyone on DL is on the trading block for 2d in my mind.

Yeah, because EVERY D-line prospect with a 2nd rd grade is just GUARANTEED to make it in the NFL and automatically be better than anybody on our D-line :rolleyes2:
I think we should just trade all our starters for 2nd rd picks

Yeah, because EVERY D-line prospect with a 2nd rd grade is just GUARANTEED to make it in the NFL and automatically be better than anybody on our D-line :rolleyes2:
you are the first person to say this.
I think we should just trade all our starters for 2nd rd picks
You are the first person to say this as well.

Back
Top Bottom