Is Tannehill starting Friday? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tannehill starting Friday?

No one is clamaring for a starter to be announced, cause everyone knows that gets established next week, prior to the 3rd preseason game, where all the starters for Week 1 will be starting preseason game #3.

No one is clamaring for a starter to be announced, cause everyone knows that gets established next week, prior to the 3rd preseason game, where all the starters for Week 1 will be starting preseason game #3.
I assume he was talking about the starter of tomorrows game...

My Guess: Ryan Tannehill

Why: The coaches have met and decided on a starter. Sources say they have yet to inform the quarterbacks of their choice. Quotes out of Matt Moore lately have seemed very resigned to his fate sitting behind Ryan Tannehill even this year. I'm guessing the coaches are delaying getting the word out because there is commonly some game planning going on in the preseason, and they don't want the Panthers to plan for Tannehill starting. They have generally done a good job setting Tannehill up for success by giving him little baby steps and nibbles rather than the whole hog. If they can continue that, giving him the start against the Panthers while still setting him up for success, I think they'd do that.

My Guess: Ryan Tannehill

Why: The coaches have met and decided on a starter. Sources say they have yet to inform the quarterbacks of their choice. Quotes out of Matt Moore lately have seemed very resigned to his fate sitting behind Ryan Tannehill even this year. I'm guessing the coaches are delaying getting the word out because there is commonly some game planning going on in the preseason, and they don't want the Panthers to plan for Tannehill starting. They have generally done a good job setting Tannehill up for success by giving him little baby steps and nibbles rather than the whole hog. If they can continue that, giving him the start against the Panthers while still setting him up for success, I think they'd do that.
At this point in the week, isnt it kinda late to adjust game plans...?

Did Marino start any preseason games in his first year? If not, why not? Is Tannehill better than Marino at this stage of his development?

Personally, being an old Phins fan, this is blasphemy. If Marino did not start, neither should Tannehill. I agree thatTanny should see time with the 1's, as he needs to develope chemistry with the 1's, but start?

Let Moore start but make sure Tanny gets some time with the 1's.

Next game, let the better of the two start.

Did Marino start any preseason games in his first year? If not, why not? Is Tannehill better than Marino at this stage of his development?

Personally, being an old Phins fan, this is blasphemy. If Marino did not start, neither should Tannehill. I agree thatTanny should see time with the 1's, as he needs to develope chemistry with the 1's, but start?

Let Moore start but make sure Tanny gets some time with the 1's.

Next game, let the better of the two start.
Thing is... After its all said and done, Marino coulda, shoulda started game one IMO...

Personally, being an old Phins fan, this is blasphemy. If Marino did not start, neither should Tannehill.

While I certainly will NOT compare Tannehill to Dan Marino -- nor do I think he's going to be the next Dan Marino, the situations aren't the same.

Tannehill knows the offense and already has two years experience running it. And the game is different now. There's a damn strike zone on the QB and you gotta let up when you hit him there. And with the rule changes over time, DBs are basically handcuffed, making the game a lot more pass-friendly.

If the kid can handle it, start him.

Marino probably shoulda started game one.

You are right Guy, the game has changed.

Just trying to see it from a historical perspective. I hope Tanny takes us back to the glory days of Marino, and I support him all the way. Just noting the difference between the days of Marino and today. I don't want any of the young fans to loose that perspective. We will be back.

Yup, we will be back. Sooner or later, the guys running the show will figure it out.

We got one bright spot to look forward to this season and I'm gonna be damn disappointed if they keep him on the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom