Is their a possibility Fins draft two Olinemen with first two picks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is their a possibility Fins draft two Olinemen with first two picks?

I think we go heavy O-line, but it will really depend on free agency. If we get Brown from Baltimore to play Center than probably not first 2, but still could be 2 out of our first 3 picks.
I can't believe how many people think our O-line was "solid" last year. We lost both starting guards, we have no idea if Thomas is going to be good and Smiley has ended his last 2 seasons on IR. I still could see Robinson first round, Wood second pick in round 2.

I think its highly possible we draft two or more Linemen. I just think some of it will come in rounds 6 and 7. We need another Tackle for depth as an upgrade. We need more depth at G because we do not know about the long term health of our G's now.

If we do not get Brown in FA, I would not dispell at all that we get Mack with #25 or the others later. I would not discount in any way that we would draft Duke Robinson at 25 since we are looking to upgrade our OL at every position. Bill Parcells is building his interior and being very patient about it. Something this organization has lacked for some 30 plus years.

I think we go heavy O-line, but it will really depend on free agency. If we get Brown from Baltimore to play Center than probably not first 2, but still could be 2 out of our first 3 picks.
I can't believe how many people think our O-line was "solid" last year. We lost both starting guards, we have no idea if Thomas is going to be good and Smiley has ended his last 2 seasons on IR. I still could see Robinson first round, Wood second pick in round 2.

Great minds think alike.:)

i think that both mack and robinson are the consensus top college players at their respective positions.the next question is are guard and center an area we need to address.i think so.would i rather have a nose tackle,inside lb or cb? again yes i would, but the best players at those positions are going to be long gone by #25.

Signing J.Brown will determine this draft early on atleast, because if we do then I would think we're looking at B.Cushing ILB/C.Sintim OLB. If we don't I think A.Mack becomes our 1st pick and then we take the best player available at OLB/CB/FS with our first 2nd round pick.

If we don't sign Jason Brown, then taking OL at 25 and 44 is something I would be ok with. Definitely we should draft a center in the first two rounds if we don't get Brown and add 2 more OL a little later. Lack of OL depth cost us the playoff game vs the Ravens more than any other single thing imo.

Add Herman Johnson("The House") LSU.....6-7 365lbs to your list, primary position LG but has played RG and T over an injury free career that saw him virtually tie the school record for most snaps. Durable, experienced and massive with huge upside, slated to go as high as #2 Guard and as low as #5 guard. Excellent push on short yardage (mover), imagine him next to either Jake or Vernon (3rd and YES).....if he is still available in the 2nd round he is worthy, 1st round could see us take a center but more likely is probably LB ( best available) followed by Sean Smith (if he is still available) early second or " The House".

I totally agree. I watched his highlights. This guy is massive!!

If Sean Smith is still there in the 1st round, then he is the pick. If not, Alex Mack in the 1st round if we don't sign Jason Brown. House Johnson or Ron Brace in the 2nd.

that would be dumb perfect example donald thomas

yeah there is another post about Louis Vasquez from Texas Tech. Probably a late round pick because of injuries but he didnt allow a sack last season which is pretty impressive knowing how much Texas Tech Passes.

I think drafting 2 OL with our first two picks is definitely a possibility. We only have 2 set starters at the moment in Long and Carey. Smiley and Thomas are both coming off bad season ending injuries, and we dont know how good Thomas actually is. We all know the Satele story...

Back
Top Bottom