Is there anybody on this site.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there anybody on this site....

*_*ADMIRAL*_*

Thanks for the memories Pat
Reaction score
is there anybody on this site that actually supports Jay Fielder besides me?

I doubt you will find many people who are patient enough to stick with Jay. Four years of starting and only one playoff win. I feel that a change is needed as well.

*_*ADMIRAL*_* said:
is there anybody on this site that actually supports Jay Fielder besides me?

I support him. Not blindly though. If an upgrade were ever to grace our team I'd prolly say it's time for Jay to step aside. AJ Feeley could eventually become that guy, but I'm not at liberty to say. I have yet to see him play a down for this Miami Dolphins football team. I'll entrust in the coaching staff to select the right guy as they did in camp when Fiedler and Huard were going at it. Again, that was "in camp" ........I'm not talking about the fact that we went out and grabbed a no-namer Fiedler in free-agency.

I respect Jay's game quite a bit. I admire his ability to keep a solid mind frame when you got all these people talking sh*t about him from day 1....... Marino's shoes were probably the biggest QB shoes to fill ever and I've yet to see Jay Fiedler let that get to him. The guy is unquestionably athletic, something which I still think we fail to utilize. Alot of quarterbacks in this league should take Toughness 101 classes from this man.

Jay's gotten somewhat of a raw deal here in Miami just due to the fact that Marino is still so fresh in our memories and we've had some terrible personnel decisions, offensively speaking. At one point Jay Fiedler was working with an offensive unit that accounted for a measley 12 or 16 million dollars of our cap money. That's like going to the dollar store and loading up on products for a hollywood gala. He's made some poor decisions in his time, even forced some balls, this is no lie. I've had those moments where I could picture an int happening and sure enough it did, we've all seen it. Yet again, I think with better offensive talent, specifically the wideouts and O-line, you're going to see a more quality Jay if he gets the nod.

On a related note........... it's weird..........a couple years ago when we marched up to Denver, both teams 5-1 in what was billed as the perennial showdown for the AFC supremecy the rest of the year, Jay Fiedler was lookin' really good. He even pulled off that amazing drive with a broken thumb to get us into field position for Mare to win the game. Fiedler was in a zone. That game was truly an amazing game, but something happened to Jay after that. Obviously the thumb injury, but he's never looked the same.

I will support Jay as long as he is on the team. He may not have the best tools but If he is on our team I will support him for the most part. I have defended him four years now and will continue as long as he is on the team. He is a class guy, who does a lot for the community.

dolfanreal69 said:
I doubt you will find many people who are patient enough to stick with Jay. Four years of starting and only one playoff win. I feel that a change is needed as well.

Really? Last time I checked, our Defense which are payed like superstars they are only has one playoff win in the last 4 years. Why don't we need a change here?

Prime Time said:
I will support Jay as long as he is on the team. He may not have the best tools but If he is on our team I will support him for the most part. I have defended him four years now and will continue as long as he is on the team. He is a class guy, who does a lot for the community.

Really? Last time I checked, our Defense which are payed like superstars they are only has one playoff win in the last 4 years. Why don't we need a change here?

I was close to calling for a breakup of our defensive nucleus as well. I've never really appreciated their stats laden arrogance and they remind me of that guy who talks a big game all the time. "We've got to this...........I've got to that" ...........that's all I ever hear out of them. This year is probably this defenses last year fully intact together.

I would have loved nothing more than for Fiedler to lead this team to a championship after all the crap he's put up with from fans, but I think it's time for a change. I hope Feeley beats him out. If Fiedler starts I will supports him though.

No. its time for a change. He had plenty of time to prove himself. Hes an average qb at that and we need more. sorry, but thats the way it goes.

enigmatics. I think you are wrong about this being the Defense's last chance as a whole to win it all together. I think maybe we could lose max 4 guys. Which would still hold most of the defense together. But you are correct in saying they talk some big game, but still have struggled mightily at times. Marion was the beginning of the end for this defense. In 3 years, there will be 3-4 (maybe 5) players Max from LAST season.

You support Fiedler if you've gone mad. Like the man before 4 years and a 1 playoff win, THATS it. I support a move to get Tim Couch, but it'll never happen the Dolphins shouldn't spend their cap money they are too smart.

I support whoever lines up at QB for the team. I mean, I even waited hopefully for Lucas to hold onto the ball and do something positive.

That said, I think Fiedler gets a bad rap. His 'wins' are always called team wins, his losses are blamed on him personally, but he's out-performed his competitors with the same team. I think he's a gritty player who knows the team and the system, and who brings a spark to the rest of the team. But if he's beaten out by Feeley, I'll be excited to see what Feeley brings to the table, and have confidence in Fieldler coming off the bench if necessary.

I finally found some folks with some sense. Fiedler is not the QB that will make the Hall of Fame in the future, but he has something that I have seen over and over- HEART. He proved that in Denver when he led the team to a win. I've been a Fin's Fan for 34 years, 4 short of there beginning, and have watched more Dolphins games the last 4 years (NFL Sunday Ticket) than ever before. Jay plays to win, and thats what anyone whos a fan could ever expect. No, he's not in thhe same high level as Marino, but neither was Woodley! I do recall a Super Sunday with Woodley as the QB!

I support Fielder too and will until he is no longer a Dolphin. He seemed to be blossoming in 2002 and has not been right since he broke his thumb in Denver. This will most probably be his last year here unless he returns to his early 2002 form. His cap charge for 2005 is $7.146 million.

I have supported Fieldler for 4 years, and I cant go 5. His arm is just to weak to throw certain passes and his touch on deep passes are awful, not to mention him laying out the receivers over the middle with passes 10 feet over their head and them jumping for them constantly. Sorry, I tried to give Jay a chance, I really did, but enough is enough, its time to move on.

I like fiedler as a player, you have to respect a guy that plays 10 times better than his ability. I think in our system right now, the qb is not a huge importance, (we dont need a great qb to be succesful). One thing i dont understand about how qb's are judged upon is how the TEAM plays, i know the qb is in control of the game but there are still 11 players on offence that need to go out there and play. This is the same way i feel when people say oh" Dan never won a championship", we'll unforntutley just like fiedler Dan wasn't the only one on the god damn field.

Back
Top Bottom