Is there anybody on this site.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there anybody on this site....

dolphindan1970 said:
I have supported Fieldler for 4 years, and I cant go 5. His arm is just to weak to throw certain passes and his touch on deep passes are awful, not to mention him laying out the receivers over the middle with passes 10 feet over their head and them jumping for them constantly. Sorry, I tried to give Jay a chance, I really did, but enough is enough, its time to move on.

Ditto. I can't do 5. He is not good enough.

Jay has had his moments, but overall lacks the talent to get this team to a championship. Sad but true. At his age, Jay has developed as much as he can, and so we can only hope Feeley can be that "above average" QB this team needs to win it all.

If Feeley fails, then Jay leads this team to a 9-10 win season and a quick playoff exit (if we get that far). Then Wanny and his staff are history, along with Jay and maybe Rick as GM. Then we are looking at a rebuilding period as a new coach and staff take over and the search for a QB begins.

I'd rather see Feeley succeed and get us deep into the playoffs and at least ready to build on all that in 2005. I'd be happy to be proven wrong about Jay for that matter, but four years say otherwise.

if everyone on the team had the size Heart that #9 has, we would have won 4 straight super bowls

If he could stay healthy, then we could fairly judge him. NO, he can't make all the throws, there are not many who can!!

I am sick of hearing of this "Great Defense" getting held back by our offense. When the chips were down, there we would see Zach following the RB or TE past the 1st down marker of Madison following the WR into the endzone. stats are good for nothing---we need a shakeup on D. Baltimore had a great D in '00, and **** for offense. They won a SB. Where's our trophy?

A team needs 4 things to win:

1--Great RB Check
2--Great, Playmaking Special Teams Hopefully check
3--QB who can move the chains #9 Healthy Check
4--Shutdown defense---?????

Big Dolphin fan here who still thinks we can win it all with #9, if only the "Great Defense" would "Nut Up" in crunch time

Geoff in WI

I do not understand why everyone says that Jay has only one win in the past four years in the playoffs. But then again, so does our Defense, and yet noone blames them. All the blame goes on Jay :rolleyes:

Lazy1 said:
This is the same way i feel when people say oh" Dan never won a championship", we'll unforntutley just like fiedler Dan wasn't the only one on the god damn field.
:fire: :cry: So true...

Which is why I want the best man out there. If it's Fiedler again, SO BE IT.

ptmn said:
You support Fiedler if you've gone mad. Like the man before 4 years and a 1 playoff win, THATS it. I support a move to get Tim Couch, but it'll never happen the Dolphins shouldn't spend their cap money they are too smart.

im with you ptmn cutting jay would be the best for this team or keeping him for a good backup you all need to realize that

Prime Time said:
I will support Jay as long as he is on the team. He may not have the best tools but If he is on our team I will support him for the most part. I have defended him four years now and will continue as long as he is on the team. He is a class guy, who does a lot for the community.

Really? Last time I checked, our Defense which are payed like superstars they are only has one playoff win in the last 4 years. Why don't we need a change here?

Play more than 50 percent of the quarters in a game and you will know why our defense performs like crap in the playoffs.

I Too Will Support Jay As Long As Hes Our Starter Or Back Up For That Matter I Believe With The New Additions To Our Offense Jay Will Be Much Better This Year If He Gets A Chance However I Also Support Any Upgrades At The Qb Position Jay Can Get The Job Done But Hes Definately No Payton Manning No Surprise There Im Not Sure About Aj Feeley I Mean Why Take A Guy Thats Even Or The Same Quality As Our Current Qb It Doesnt Make Sense To Me But Who Knows Maybe This Guy Will Suprise Us Lets Hope So But If Not I Feel Jay Will Get The Job Done

I will also support whoever plays, but i think fielder can get the job done with a decent o-line and D-bo. If not, lets see what feely has got.

It is simple, The defense is consistantly ranked in the top 10. Yet the offense is consistantly ranked near dead last passing the ball. Who is responsible for completeing passes and leading the offense? When they need a first down and time run off the clock. Who needs to complete the pass or make a TD? The defense? Certianlyy not! It was not ranked 25th last year!

I was supporting Fielder up until the end of last year... I stood by him but now its time to give Feeley a chance and see what he can do.

What do you guys think the chances of Keenan McCardell comming in are? Make for one explosive offence if it happened.

I can't honestly see McCardell coming to Miami. If he did though, I think that would potentially give us the best trio of receivers in the whole NFL.

As far as Fiedler goes, I think if he could stay healthy then we would have been in the playoffs each of the last 2 seasons...However, the only thing that he has proven for certain is that his body cannot stand the rigors of a full football season. If Jay is our QB this year, I will support him (as well as yell at him and the TV when he throws one of his INTs). Likewise, if Feeley is our QB I will support him as well.

I realize our D has not been the strongest in the league lately but for you guys who are trying to blame our misfortunes on them you're barking up the wrong tree. Each of the last 4-5 seasons it has clearly been the offense that has hindered us, not the D. The only game I can really remember our D not playing as well as our O was in the Philly game last year when not a single player could remember how to tackle. If our offense had been even average (or slightly better than average) over the last few years, we would definitley have a couple of playoff vics by now.

Regardless, I think it is time we either draft a young QB or try and sign a proven quarterback (unless of course either Fiedler or Feeley show themselves truly worthy this year). I realize that great quarterbacks are few and far between, but if we'd had had a truly competent QB playing over the last few years I have no doubt that we'd be one of the top teams year in year out. That's JMO though.

Back
Top Bottom