Is this Dolphins defense the real deal? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this Dolphins defense the real deal?

I think the talent is there to be MUCH better than last year and I think Burke seems better than Vance. BUT I'm going to turn counterintuitive. I think Jets game will be a good test. Not because they're dangerous, but because they're not. Miami has a VERY bad habit of playing up to good teams and down to 'less food's teams. If this D is the 'real deal,' they'll play like they did against ATL. If they're not, they'll regress. GOOD D's don't let bad Os have good days.

Good post. I was really disgusted by how the defense played vs the Jets in the first game. TE's and anything in the middle of the field was wide open Immediately. It was just pitch and catch for those stinking jets. I have a lot of confidence that won't be the case today as this is a completely different defense than what we saw in that first game. The problem however is that our offense doesn't look much different now than it did in that first game. People will point to Cutler and that 20 point 2nd half vs Atlanta but that proves nothing to me because let's face it... we got bailed out by stupid plays and penalties vs Atlanta. Cutler has been awful all season and the Atl game was not an exception.

We ALWAYS get exploited in the middle of the field in the passing game...ALWAYS!!!! Don't our position coaches EVER review film??? Yes the running defense has improved but we've still allowed plenty of GASH runs that can't be explained...out of position? Scheme? Who knows...

If the Jets review film from the first game, they'll try to capitalize on what worked. It's entirely possible that McCown (who we've made into a pro-bowler) has our number again...stay tuned. Due to the ineptitude of our offense (was last week's 2nd half the exception or the norm?), this could turn out to be a pick 'em game again.

Jets 21, Dolphins 13? Don't be surprised...

PS - i talked with some of my work colleagues this morning when starting my shift and wondered with them if we were going to "get the sh*t kicked out of us" again. PLUS the Jets' home crowd (contingent) may be out in force...we need to DROWN THEM OUT!!

Back
Top Bottom