Is this it? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this it?

LIQUID24 said:
I don't see Carroll leaving USC. He's very happy there and these days top-tier college coaches make almost as much as NFL coaches. He'd have to get offered something like $4mill+ per year to leave USC, and I don't see that happening.
Someone that might be available next year is Bill Cowher. I don't see the Steelers having a good year in 2004 and his tenure there might be over.

Agreed, I never said he'd leave USC just that teams would start to see him as a high value prospect with prior NFL experiance. Even though Spurrier's(sp?) offense was considered a gimmick that wouldn't succeed in the NFL his experiance in the pro's probably soured alot of peoples perseptions of college coaches transitioning to the NFL.

Disnardo said:
WoW, so now if we win the SB with JF and DW its inspite of them and not because of them? :confused:

IMHO, how about its because they play as a team for once in the Post Season... :)

You're trying to make sense in the middle of a thread by a Wanny hater who is trying to figure out away of getting rid of him. People forget, sometimes you should be careful for what you wish for. We could end up getting a Gilbright kind of coach..Talk to buf about that one. The grass as they say is not always greener on the other side. :cool:

DeDolfan said:
IMO, Wannstedt has to make the AFC game as a minimum. He's already done "everything" less and the AFC gm would be an improvement. but if we did go far, I don't think he should deserve another extention cuz even if we pulled off a miriacle and won the SB, it would be in spite of him, not becase of him. that feat would have to be duplicated before i chnage my opinion that he actually had alot to do with it. Until then, he has proven absolutely nothing to me.

sounds like you want it both ways. or either way, depending on how you look at it.

This is prob not the best year for Wanny to hang his hat on, yes we have most of the pieces in place, but the OL needs time to gel. Even if they do gel some time in the season that might be too late, say we have a record only good enough for a wildcard and have to play all our playoff games on the road it would be hard to advance too far, or possibly we have a decent record but don't make the playoffs (like the last two seasons!)
The irony is that Wanny only has himself to blame, he was in charge of personnel last year and could have decided to upgrade the OL and grab another quality receiver. If he had, we might now have a quality OL heading into their second season together. Instead, I remember his absolutely ludicrous comments about having good players on the OL and having confidence in them, and then he focused on upgrading D!!!

finfan54 said:
sounds like you want it both ways. or either way, depending on how you look at it.

Both ways? How is that? i'm tired of just treading water and that is all Wannstedt is able to do at best.

I think we've all been calling for Wanny & Fiedler's heads for 2 years now, at least I have. If we don't get to the divisional round of the playoffs this year they both have to go, as well as Bates & depending on how Foerester does maybe him too. They're not getting the most out of all our star players. I've never seen a football team with so much talent not be completely dominant year in & year out & constantly lose to inferior division opponents like the Patriots & Jets.

:cooldude: Man It's only May we will be fine come September the question is everyone in the division ready 4 a real arse whippen. Its time to get CRUNK!!!
OKAYYYYYY

Anything less than a superbowl win would not change my opinion of him. Send him to the Jets... They dont like Edwards and I think a bad coach would do well with a bad team.

Back
Top Bottom