Is this the biggest scandal in Miami Dolphin history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the biggest scandal in Miami Dolphin history?

Look at the way they are handling this. This is absolutely legal posturing. This is going to get much, much worse.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

I'm not looking at this the same way you are. What is worst case scenario in your opinion? What is the iceberg? I'm not sure what else, other than Philbin actually knowing about this long ago, could come out to make this so much worse.

We pay his measly salary and let him go on his way? You need to convince me, because you're making this sound like it is going to be way worse than I believe it to be.

No, this is the one that stands out to me:

Reese and Crowder arrested for trying to sell cocaine

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...m0vAAAAIBAJ&sjid=F9sFAAAAIBAJ&pg=2189,1039438

It was a massive story, partially because it happened virtually simultaneous to the draft. There had been brewing character problems on the team for a couple of years, but it didn't boil over until the arrest of Reese and Crowder. Shula was visually shook up. Duhe and Baumhower took on added spotlight because the team desperately needed newcomers with great character to come in and create some positive news.

One Miami columnist compared Reese and Crowder to the "Son of Sam" serial killer in New York. That's how bad it got. The two spent a year in jail and obviously never played for the Dolphins again.

That's the one I thought about, too.

I can tell you the biggest scandal, hiring Bill Parcels and letting him walk away with millions while we dolphins fans were left in the lurch with that pos Ireland and a team that was worse then before he got here.

I would be surprised if this type of locker room infantry doesn't go on in other teams facilities etc...
now you put 53 guys in a room and give them millions of bucks there's bound to be a bad apple or 2 in this case judging from what I saw I am on JM's side,richie needs to be banned from the team and we can't tolerate this type of behavior we are in a battle for that final playoff seed and we should be talking about how many sacks can we accumulate on Glennon right now instead of this nonsense.

So were assuming that in the even that Incog is cut Martin wants nothing to do with coming back? I'm actually curious about this.

So you believe this going to court for Martins money is a foregone conclusion?

Martin is done, too many players liked Cog for this to happen, Martin whether bullied or not is a Rat...who chose to do damage to not only Incognito but to the rest of the locker room all the way up to the person that signs his check..there is NO chance Martin comes back, Philbin knows it, the locker room knows it and Martin and his Mami and Papi knows it. If there is an olive branch given to martin to come back it would a be weak and pathetic attempt of the organization at PR,

to me this isn't bad, Cog is an idiot that should have known saying those things could have come back to bite him in the ass whether it was a joke or not, but make no mistake Martin is the worst kind of snitch, who would make a spectacle in the MIDDLE of the season.

It has to be, and it's funny because of how avoidable all this was.

lol my man you don't knew the half ...

Mercury Morris drug used
David Overstreet dies in car accident
Underwood quit Football
Cecil Collin arrest
Ricky Williams fail drug test
Marino vs Jimmy Johnson
Nick Saban
Joe Robbie kids sales the team
We draft Eric Kumerow
We draft John Bosa

ete. etc etc

This to shall pass

I would be surprised if this type of locker room infantry doesn't go on in other teams facilities etc...
now you put 53 guys in a room and give them millions of bucks there's bound to be a bad apple or 2 in this case judging from what I saw I am on JM's side,richie needs to be banned from the team and we can't tolerate this type of behavior we are in a battle for that final playoff seed and we should be talking about how many sacks can we accumulate on Glennon right now instead of this nonsense.

Welcome to FH, and this has all been blown way out of context after new reports I've been reading, but coverage wise, I can't remember the team getting hammered with this much bad press. It was constantly on ESPN today.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

lol my man you don't knew the half ...

Mercury Morris drug used
David Overstreet dies in car accident
Underwood quit Football
Cecil Collin arrest
Ricky Williams fail drug test
Marino vs Jimmy Johnson
Nick Saban
Joe Robbie kids sales the team
We draft Eric Kumerow
We draft John Bosa

ete. etc etc

This to shall pass

Dude...the vast majority of those are not scandals, and none of those got the type of negative coverage we are getting now. And players get caught/suspended for drug use or connection several times every single season. The coverage of those misdemeanors is minimal unless it's someone like Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson.

Welcome to FH, and this has all been blown way out of context after new reports I've been reading, but coverage wise, I can't remember the team getting hammered with this much bad press. It was constantly on ESPN today.

thanks man! im delighted to be here.

To put things in perspective, Ray Lewis killed a man and that blew over. Mike Vick fought dogs to their death, killed one with his bare hands- and that blew over. To look at it that way, bullying a guy doesn't even seem half bad...

I'm not looking at this the same way you are. What is worst case scenario in your opinion? What is the iceberg? I'm not sure what else, other than Philbin actually knowing about this long ago, could come out to make this so much worse.

We pay his measly salary and let him go on his way? You need to convince me, because you're making this sound like it is going to be way worse than I believe it to be.

Everything that ever happened in that locker room comes out. All the gory details. And it's an NFL locker room, so it's going to be ugly. Maybe not Michael Irvin stabbing a dude in a barber's chair ugly, but ugly.

The Dolphins will have two black eyes and a bloody nose if this is run through the courts.

To put things in perspective, Ray Lewis killed a man and that blew over. Mike Vick fought dogs to their death, killed one with his bare hands- and that blew over. To look at it that way, bullying a guy doesn't even seem half bad...

I have seen worse fights in training camp.

Look at the way they are handling this. This is absolutely legal posturing. This is going to get much, much worse.

This is the tip of the iceberg.

IMO the only way it gets worse is if Dolphins brass knew about the voice mails and txt messages. Short of that this is all on Cog and Martin. However in no way will the press in general ignore the known facts to continue to try and make this story bleed even more.

Back
Top Bottom