It has begun... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It has begun...

The only we beat denver is because it's the home opener...team should be jacked...fans should be jacked, etc. Remember when the 'phins used to win home openers?????

There are really only about 10 teams that have "Franchise" quarterbacks. For the most part, every other team is in the same boat we are. Looking for a "caretaker" at the QB position and letting their Running Game and Defense keep them in games. With our skill position players (Chambers, Bookers, McMike, Boston, and Brown.) I think we can be a winning football team if our Offensive line plays well. Defensively I think we looked pretty good as far as the first and second teams... We all know we're still a year or so away.. get a "Franchise" Qb in here and a tweak to the O-Line and the Secondary and I think we're a playoff team again..

Most teams aren't looking for a "caretaker" at the quarterback position. Only a few foolish teams have been doing that. Miami under Dave Wannstedt wanted nothing but a caretaker. Most teams are willing to use a high draft pick on a quarterback in attempt to get that guy that can make big plays in the passing game for them.

CpuFan said:
Just a thought but I think AJ Feeley was on display in the last game to be traded, but I think he blew it big time... At least that is what I would have done with him.

It could explain Saban's frustration with him in his last press conference...

again, AJ is UNTRADEABLE with his current contract. He would have to be released. Nobody is going to be responsible for a 5 year, 19 mil contract.

Well i have to say that i think the worst trade ever was the Feeley trade.The Eagles raped us.A 2nd round pick for a 3rd string qb.What in the hell was wanny and rick thinking?We do need a qb really bad.I dont no what Saban was thinking.Alot of people already new A.J and Gus are not good qb's.Why didnt Saban go out and get us something better?

dixie3363 said:
And why would we beat Denver??? I mean if we do that, then we should be considered playoff material....they are a playoff team and are better than last year. So either your post is true, but Denver kills us, or your post is wrong and we are better than you say and then we beat Denver. Anyone agree.....ill even say it....if we beat Denver, then i believe we have a shot.

I kinda agree. I feel we will start out slow and get better as the teams buys into what Saban is doing. I don't really expect to win the Denver game, but will admit we will have some intangibles going in our favor. The first game Denver's starters play a whole game is gonna be in the heat and humitity of south FL, combined with us being thought of as a 4-12 team may give us and edge. We must also add to the fact that nobody really has a good way to measure what we will be doing since we have a all new coaching staff. If we use these things and can get am early lead and not turn the ball over, I feel we will be able to pull one out.
However if we get blown out, I will feel we are in for a long season. :mad:

I saw a number of Bronco games last year, and I did not see an undefeatable team.

Shanahan is a good coach, but their D wasn't all that good and Plummer is VERY inconsistant. He can be pressured, & once pressured he plays poorly.

We beat them with Wanny & Fiedler a couple of years ago, why would it be so much harder to beat them now?

Their team doesn't seem so much more improved to me on paper. The Jets game is away and seems like a harder game to win to me. I think we win the 1st game and then our rocky road begins....

tcdrover said:
I saw a number of Bronco games last year, and I did not see an undefeatable team.

Shanahan is a good coach, but their D wasn't all that good and Plummer is VERY inconsistant. He can be pressured, & once pressured he plays poorly.

We beat them with Wanny & Fiedler a couple of years ago, why would it be so much harder to beat them now?

Their team doesn't seem so much more improved to me on paper. The Jets game is away and seems like a harder game to win to me. I think we win the 1st game and then our rocky road begins....

I disagree in that I believe the strength of Denvers team is there defense. The have a great secondary, probably the best linebacking core in the NFL and a solid d-line. Remember they get Trever Price back this year who was a previous pro-bowler. I think the key is there players playing there starters for a full game in the heat. Lets hope for a scortcher

Back
Top Bottom