J. Allen's performance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Allen's performance

FinNasty said:
Gave up 7? Please explain? The CB was burnt and JAllen was all over the WR, and even tipped the ball. What else is he supposed to do? Tackle the WR before he touched the ball? The coverage is as good as you can ask for. It was a hell of a throw by Farve... and an even better catch by Driver.

i think he meant give it up 7 as in, throw in the white towel on J allen he is a bust...7 (my sn)

[mod] No personal attacks! Dispute the posts! [/mod]

SBN3YEARS said:
yeah he's the best....are safety position blows...they give up 2 big plays very game and this guy(who is now compared to troy p) is great. He gave up the td and Jennings CAUGHT THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SR 7 said:
waht do you guys think about J. Allen performance today? he played OK during those few reps he got but I didnt seea replay of the driver TD to see whose fault it was...allens? or hills?

Did you see how he made 2 strong tackles before the half? one he injured jennings i believe wiht a hit and the attempt for the INT which was amazing and his first tackle was a strong hard hit. Was it me or did he play SS AS WELL on a few downs instead of FS?

All in all, this guy closes in FAAAAAAAST on the hit/tackle. I loved it. that attempt on the INT made my day. it was amazing speed, JUMP, and Hit at the same time.

When he was in there he played well. There's no reason he shouldn't be starting.

Agreed Breed... the guy has so far looked good when he has got playing time. He has earned more...

All things considered, he played ok. BUT, for a 1st round draft pick to be playing OK in the dime packages is not something to brag about.

SCall13 said:
All things considered, he played ok. BUT, for a 1st round draft pick to be playing OK in the dime packages is not something to brag about.

For his first serious amount of playing time? Sure it is...

FinNasty said:
For his first serious amount of playing time? Sure it is...

The fact that he only GETS ON THE FIELD in dime situations and it took until the 7th game to get in at all speak volumes as far as I'm concerned. Not saying he won't end up being a solid player eventually, but right now he's not.

SCall13 said:
The fact that he only GETS ON THE FIELD in dime situations and it took until the 7th game to get in at all speak volumes as far as I'm concerned. Not saying he won't end up being a solid player eventually, but right now he's not.

you are right. and when Troy P didnt start at all his entire rookie year, he isn't any good. plz bro.

SCall13 said:

I dont mind that it took him a while to get on the field... considering the holdout and position switch. And thats acknowlaging that with both of those he should have only missed 4 weeks, not 6. But considering we have a pretty complicated defense... and that he wasnt a top 10 pick or anything (who I expect to make an immediate impact)... As long as he is playing and eventually starting his rookie year, I'm good. I expect him to start very soon... and thats perfectly fine for a mid-1st round pick...

FinNasty said:
I dont mind that it took him a while to get on the field... considering the holdout and position switch. And thats acknowlaging that with both of those he should have only missed 4 weeks, not 6. But considering we have a pretty complicated defense... and that he wasnt a top 10 pick or anything (who I expect to make an immediate impact)... As long as he is playing and eventually starting his rookie year, I'm good. I expect him to start very soon... and thats perfectly fine for a mid-1st round pick...

ditto my man, completely agree and hope he continues to improve and see more time on the field

SR 7 said:
you are right. and when Troy P didnt start at all his entire rookie year, he isn't any good. plz bro.

I keep hearing this same tired argument. Troy played behind a better safety than we have starting on this team. Also Troy contributed to the team his rookie year and played in, I believe every game on DEFENSE. Allen played some special teams, and just did get on the field for a play or two last week and some dime situations today.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again and stand by it: A First round pick should SIGNIFICANTLY contribute to his team. A first round pick SHOULD have some sort of impact. That's why they are picked in the first round. First round selections are project players they are play makers. Their are exceptions of course. But first rounders who are going to be stand outs normally stand out immediately.

SCall13 said:
I keep hearing this same tired argument. Troy played behind a better safety than we have starting on this team. Also Troy contributed to the team his rookie year and played in, I believe every game on DEFENSE. Allen played some special teams, and just did get on the field for a play or two last week and some dime situations today.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again and stand by it: A First round pick should SIGNIFICANTLY contribute to his team. A first round pick SHOULD have some sort of impact. That's why they are picked in the first round. First round selections are project players they are play makers. Their are exceptions of course. But first rounders who are going to be stand outs normally stand out immediately.

agree to a degree. 80% id say lol

Put Allen in now and see what hes got. The season is shot so time to see what young playmakers we have so we can hopefully cross a position or two off the list. No excuse to not do this anymore.

I thought Allen did well and showed his truly marvelous athleticism. He also did not screw up.

Back
Top Bottom