Jake Grove 12 million signing bonus.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Grove 12 million signing bonus..

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Here's a breakdown of recent contracts to include Wilson..

Bell’s new sidekick, Gibril Wilson, made out like a bandit in the past 13 months or so, picking up a $8.4 million bonus from the Raiders last year and a $5 million bonus from the Dolphins, who signed him in February after Oakland cut him after just one season.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2009/04/06/the-dolphins-give-12-million-reasons-and-then-some-why-they-like-jake-grove/

Can't say Miami was cheap with these guys, except maybe Channing...

not cheap but i like what i see, i think we need do draft a center in the mid rounds to be built up and as depth

Thanks for the link.

Lets hope Grove is not this years Justin Smiley.

Thanks for the link.

Lets hope Grove is not this years Justin Smiley.
What? Why did you say Justin Smiley when you obviously meant Ernest Wilford?

Btw, that is still a ridiculous amount of money to pay. Parcells and Co still have my absolute full support, but if things go bad for us let's not say there weren't some warning signs.

Wow, I didn't realise how nice that Crowder deal was. Fair play to Channing, who surely knew he could've got more elsewhere. Kid's a Fin.

After all the talk coming from his camp earlier this year, I assumed he was either going to run to money or squeeze us for too much. We ended up signing him to a nice, solid deal, IMO. Nice work, both parties.

What? Why did you say Justin Smiley when you obviously meant Ernest Wilford?

Btw, that is still a ridiculous amount of money to pay. Parcells and Co still have my absolute full support, but if things go bad for us let's not say there weren't some warning signs.

I think he meant in terms of injuries. Smiley, much like Grove is productive when healthy. The problem is, they never stay healthy.

this kills me...

“I have a lot of respect for what Samson did here,” Ireland said. “He’s a good player. He’s a high-character guy, and I like him very much.

“But we needed better consistency at the position.”

ummm.... then explain this:

Grove has played only one 16-game season in five years.

Meanwhile, Satele didn’t miss a game the past two seasons.

lmao... this is a bust waiting to happen.. i mean, i think satele had limitations within our scheme.. i just dont buyu the consistency theory they are trying to feed us..

Satele was pretty consistent....at getting swallowed alive by NT's....

this kills me...

“I have a lot of respect for what Samson did here,” Ireland said. “He’s a good player. He’s a high-character guy, and I like him very much.

“But we needed better consistency at the position.”

ummm.... then explain this:

Grove has played only one 16-game season in five years.

Meanwhile, Satele didn’t miss a game the past two seasons.

lmao... this is a bust waiting to happen.. i mean, i think satele had limitations within our scheme.. i just dont buyu the consistency theory they are trying to feed us..

Satele is too weak to handle the bigger NT's in both the running and passing game. by 'consistency' Ireland means someone who can win every matchup, not just suiting up. if the guy gets blown up by any NT with size, what's the point of him starting every game? that just means he sucks more often.
also, Grove has had a grand total of two injuries that caused him to miss games in his career and has finished the season healthy 4 out of 5 years. can we stop with the overblown injury history on Jake Grove?

Grove has had a grand total of two injuries that caused him to miss games in his career and has finished the season healthy 4 out of 5 years. can we stop with the overblown injury history on Jake Grove?

What's overblown? Out of 88 potential games, Grove has missed 34 of them. If he wasn't injured, he obviously wasn't playing well enough to start. I don't think his injury history is overblown at all, especially when he's only managed to finish one full season in five years...

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

What's overblown? Out of 88 potential games, Grove has missed 34 of them. If he wasn't injured, he obviously wasn't playing well enough to start. I don't think his injury history is overblown at all, especially when he's only managed to finish one full season in five years...

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

first of all, 5 years is 80 games. second, he played in 54 games of those 80, missing 13 due to injury and 13 while developing as a young player. they drafted him to eventually replace Adam Treu so he wasn't rushed into the lineup. Grove made his rookie debut 8 games into his first year and mostly played guard until he took the starting spot at center by the end of his second season. he has been the starter ever since.
as far as the overblown injury history, he never missed a game due to injury until the middle of his 4th season. inujry-prone guys just don't do that plain and simple. the truth is, Jake Grove has finished the season on the field(or able to be) in 4 out of 5 seasons.

we've been through all this on many occaisons yet you continue to post things that are at least distorted and many times false. what gives?

first of all, 5 years is 80 games. second, he played in 54 games of those 80, missing 13 due to injury and 13 while developing as a young player. they drafted him to eventually replace Adam Treu so he wasn't rushed into the lineup. Grove made his rookie debut 8 games into his first year and mostly played guard until he took the starting spot at center by the end of his second season. he has been the starter ever since.
as far as the overblown injury history, he never missed a game due to injury until the middle of his 4th season. inujry-prone guys just don't do that plain and simple. the truth is, Jake Grove has finished the season on the field(or able to be) in 4 out of 5 seasons.

we've been through all this on many occaisons yet you continue to post things that are at least distorted and many times false. what gives?

Totally agree man. People here need to do research before posting. :up:

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

Your analysis is overblown!!! Hmm..... Grove missed 8 games his rookie season, he did not start. For all 34 games point to matter, then any rookie that did not start at center is a poor player. Hmmm. Dwight Stephson did not start his rookie season, so he is a bad player. This sound ludicrous because evaluating a rookie season is ridiculous. During the first two season, Grove did not start or play in 16 games. If you do not throw these out, then your analysis is massively flawed. That leaves 18 games. I can accept that you are concerned about the 18 games he missed after his first two years. I think it is legit to question missing 1/3 of the last three seasons. He had one injury that caused him to miss the majority of these games. I believe he will be fine, and I think it is likely he will play in all of the games for the next two seasons. That is my opinion, but I admit that I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom