Jake Grove 12 million signing bonus.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Grove 12 million signing bonus..

Still not seen anything regarding Eric Green's contract, anyone know what we paid him?

Eric Green

A third-round pick out of Virginia Tech in 2005, Green appeared in 51 games for the Cardinals (33 starts) in four pro seasons and recorded 167 tackles, two interceptions and 30 pass deflections. He started a career-high 11 games in 2007 and racked up 51 tackles and eight pass deflections.

As a restricted free agent in the 2008 offseason, Brown received a first-round tender offer from the Cardinals and was re-signed. A knee injury, coupled with the emergence of rookie Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, limited Green to 13 games and nine starts in 2008.

Contract Breakdown

Per Rotoworld.com, Green signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Dolphin on March 12. These are his bas salaries:
2009: $1.2 million
2010: $1.65 million
Total: $2.85 million
Given that his base salaries make up less than half of the total value of the deal, it's likely Green received a decent signing bonus. However, this short-term contract still isn't very expensive and is certainly a manageable one for the Dolphins. This is classic third corner money and isn't a heavy investment should Green not win a starting job and/or perform well.
http://www.phins-spotlight.com/search/label/Eric%20Green

You guys are right, we shouldn't have any concerns about Grove, or his ability to stay healthy on a yearly basis. He's already proven that it's not something we need to be concerned with.....

:foundout:

IN TUNA WE TRUST....:err:

Last edited by a moderator:
Id rather take my chances with a guy that can do the job and may get injured moreso than a guy that will play all 16 games and not be able to handle the job.

Id rather take my chances with a guy that can do the job and may get injured moreso than a guy that will play all 16 games and not be able to handle the job.

You really can't say Satele didn't handle his job...we went to the playoffs, he had a little to do with that.. I'm going to watch those games from last year again...I know in his rookie year we all were on his jock... Just because this regime loves different ppl, doesn't mean Satele wasn't any good.. the man got us a 6th and a switch in the 4th... he was worth more than we're giving him credit for.. a burst would have yield us nothing..

The obvious risk with Grove is dependability. If he stays on the field the move is brilliancy. If he misses a lot of time then its disaster. IMO given Grove's history this is a high-risk bet Ireland and Co are making.

As far as the money --- it’s ALL obscene at this point.

imo, Ronnie Brown, Chad Pennington, Justin Smiley, David Martin, Jason Ferguson, Channing Crowder and Yeremiah Bell are all just as much of a risk as Jake Grove. if any one of those guys go down, there would be a dropoff.

You really can't say Satele didn't handle his job...we went to the playoffs, he had a little to do with that.. I'm going to watch those games from last year again...I know in his rookie year we all were on his jock... Just because this regime loves different ppl, doesn't mean Satele wasn't any good.. the man got us a 6th and a switch in the 4th... he was worth more than we're giving him credit for.. a burst would have yield us nothing..

Actually, I can. The wildcat was invented because Satele utterly failed to provide ANY push in the running game. I thank him for that. It was a very entertaining season, and it probably won us the division by beating the Patriots. I just do not want our offense to be forced to take gimmicks because of serious match up problems. It might be different if we ran a zone blocking scheme, but we don't.

What's overblown? Out of 88 potential games, Grove has missed 34 of them. If he wasn't injured, he obviously wasn't playing well enough to start. I don't think his injury history is overblown at all, especially when he's only managed to finish one full season in five years...

IN TUNA WE TRUST....

to be fair,he was with....ehh...the Raiders.....I think I threw up a little in my mouth as I typed their name....

anywho,Im not concerned at all with any of the moved with Grove/Satele except for the age difference.Why would we pay $29M to a 29 yr. old is something I dont think Ill ever understand,but if its one thing I do know,the trifecta dont choose scrubs(w/ the exception of Wilford),and even if Grove did have an injury problem,I thinK its pretty safe to say we were among the lower teams w/ player placed on IR last year,when the year before we lead the lead...unfortunately....and you can thank all that to the big 3's conditioning in the offseason,so no worries on my part at all...

Injuries come from freak accidents, not being in football shape & falling on McDonald's paper bags.

But everyone should be worried about Jake Grove's health. It is a major factor of the game, those that show injury more than others tend to continue the trend...

I am a Hokie Fan...so I LOVE the Jake Grove signing. But I am not going to say...I am not worried about his health issues, that would be naive to say the least.

If he does go down, we have to shuffle the line, that is rarely a good thing. I have watched him play a ton in college. He did have a nasty streak and would pancake a guy for looking at him wrong. But he has not done it in the pros... Let's hope he gets a fresh start and plays aggressive once again and stays on the field for the entire season.

this kills me...

“I have a lot of respect for what Samson did here,” Ireland said. “He’s a good player. He’s a high-character guy, and I like him very much.

“But we needed better consistency at the position.”

ummm.... then explain this:

Grove has played only one 16-game season in five years.

Meanwhile, Satele didn’t miss a game the past two seasons.

lmao... this is a bust waiting to happen.. i mean, i think satele had limitations within our scheme.. i just dont buyu the consistency theory they are trying to feed us..

If you have really watched ANY Phins games this past year you would see Samson get absolutly OWNED 90% of the time. I recorded most the games and was shocked at how inneffective he was. We are lucky to get what we got. He got tossed around, specifically by the DT's we will see twice a year for the next 5+ years.

Back
Top Bottom