Jake Locker!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Locker!!

I don't want Locker unless he falls to the third round. He's just inot very accurate which is probably the #1 criteria for NFL quarterbacks. Not sure if he can fix this.

I don't want Locker unless he falls to the third round. His just is not very accurate which is probably the #1 criteria for NFL quarterbacks. Not sure if he can fix this.

Why? Why would you take him in the third round when he is not good enough to be a first rounder?

Why? Why would you take him in the third round when he is not good enough to be a first rounder?

I think we are going to need TWO qb's as I don't see Pennington or Thigpen back with the team next year. I would like to draft one QB and acquire a veteran. The problem we have right now is we just have the 15th pick and then don't pick again until the 3rd round, unless we can trade down. I don't think there will be much left by the third round....maybe Kaepernick or Locker. We have to make sure our 15th overall pick is someone we get right and not a bust. That's why I wouldn't draft Locker with the 15th pick.

I think we are going to need TWO qb's as I don't see Pennington or Thigpen back with the team next year. I would like to draft one QB and acquire a veteran. The problem we have right now is we just have the 15th pick and then don't pick again until the 3rd round, unless we can trade down. I don't think there will be much left by the third round....maybe Kaepernick or Locker. We have to make sure our 15th overall pick is someone we get right and not a bust. That's why I wouldn't draft Locker with the 15th pick.

I'd rather wait for Enderle or Chappell in UDFA than waste a pick on a bench warmer. Sorry, drafting a QB in the middle rounds makes no sense whatsoever for the Dolphins.

BTW, Thigpen is tendered and I don't see anyone parting with picks for him, They also have the third stringer rookie from Fresno State.

I'd rather wait for Enderle or Chappell in UDFA than waste a pick on a bench warmer. Sorry, drafting a QB in the middle rounds makes no sense whatsoever for the Dolphins.

BTW, Thigpen is tendered and I don't see anyone parting with picks for him, They also have the third stringer rookie from Fresno State.

I am not sure I would waste a spot on the roster for Thigpen. I see us sticking with Henne again next year, but hopefully we can draft a guy who will eventually become our franchise QB. We are never going to be able to compete for a SB without a top QB, no matter who else we may have at other positions.

NO! accuracy accuracy accuracy. something he doesnt have.

There are a huge number of reasons why Jake's completion percentage were low that don't ping him as an inaccurate quarterback (drops, throwaways, receiving corps, no tight end, etc). The standards he is being subjected to are incredibly high and this is the problem and THE ONLY reason why his draft stock is falling. Let's ignore the ridiculous run-first offense of his first 2 years in college and look at him in a pro system, as that's what he's going to be running with the Dolphins in the NFL; CMP% = 56.94 YDS = 5065 TDS = 38 INTS = 20 TDs per INT = 1.9 ... Now let's compare him to a successful NFL Rookie and No.1 pick, Matt Stafford, in college: CMP% = 56.6 YDS = 7731 TDS = 51 INT = 33 TDs per INT = 1.54... Now, consider that Stafford played in a TERRIFIC Georgia team (ranked No. 1) and that Jake played in a below-average Washington team. Their stats are alarmingly similar, with Jake having the edge in a number of zones (TD to INT is a good example). Now, explain why Stafford is an accurate QB, and consensus No. 1 pick in 2008, when Jake Locker is an inaccurate 'project' QB that belongs in the second round (which is the vague media consensus, though he has a number of advocates -- which tend to be the more astute Mayocks, Razallos, etc)? This is crazy. This kid will burn it up in the NFL - he's being held to impossible standards against SPREAD QBS in GREAT TEAMS (Gabbert, Newton). Gabbert and Newton are projects, people will be very surprised at how quickly Jake Locker adapts to the NFL. I wish him all the best, if anyone can handle being this draft's under'dawg', it's Jake Locker.

There are a huge number of reasons why Jake's completion percentage were low that don't ping him as an inaccurate quarterback (drops, throwaways, receiving corps, no tight end, etc). The standards he is being subjected to are incredibly high and this is the problem and THE ONLY reason why his draft stock is falling. Let's ignore the ridiculous run-first offense of his first 2 years in college and look at him in a pro system, as that's what he's going to be running with the Dolphins in the NFL; CMP% = 56.94 YDS = 5065 TDS = 38 INTS = 20 TDs per INT = 1.9 ... Now let's compare him to a successful NFL Rookie and No.1 pick, Matt Stafford, in college: CMP% = 56.6 YDS = 7731 TDS = 51 INT = 33 TDs per INT = 1.54... Now, consider that Stafford played in a TERRIFIC Georgia team (ranked No. 1) and that Jake played in a below-average Washington team. Their stats are alarmingly similar, with Jake having the edge in a number of zones (TD to INT is a good example). Now, explain why Stafford is an accurate QB, and consensus No. 1 pick in 2008, when Jake Locker is an inaccurate 'project' QB that belongs in the second round (which is the vague media consensus, though he has a number of advocates -- which tend to be the more astute Mayocks, Razallos, etc)? This is crazy. This kid will burn it up in the NFL - he's being held to impossible standards against SPREAD QBS in GREAT TEAMS (Gabbert, Newton). Gabbert and Newton are projects, people will be very surprised at how quickly Jake Locker adapts to the NFL. I wish him all the best, if anyone can handle being this draft's under'dawg', it's Jake Locker.

Great post!!

I think people see how athletic he is and want to compare him to some of these spread option QB's when in fact he played in a pro system for 2 years with a team that just wasn't very talented offensively, especially on the OLine and with the pass catchers. I dunno, I think he would be a great fit for Miami, but I also think a team drafting before us will realize that and scoop him up. Jake can improvise, and I think he is the "ideal" QB that Miami is looking for. Strong arm, strong intangibles, athletic.

Back
Top Bottom