Jake Long "wants to test the Free Agent market?" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jake Long "wants to test the Free Agent market?"

You talking about Jake Long as if he is some 'ordinary Joe'. Jake Long is a beast of a LT. Granted his injuries have resulted in him playing below his usual HOF standard, but aslo note......he has played while many, no not many, most would have not.

Hey look bro I agree with you, I love Jake Long, when he is healthy he is the best LT in the league, but he clearly took a step back last season and injury's could be piling up, I hope I'm wrong and he bounces back healthy and returns to his all-pro form, but it would be foolish to resign right now, we need to let the season play out and see if he can stay healthy and regain his form and if he does great, resign him, but lets say for sake of argument his shoulder bothers him all season, well that is something we have to seriously consider and we dont want to resign somebody to a massive contract if he is going down the tony boselli road, injury's are a serious concern and were not talking little broken finger injury's, were talking knees, back, shoulder, and bicep, I think Ireland is taking the right approach, let's play the "wait and see" approach and see what happens this season.

Hey look bro I agree with you, I love Jake Long, when he is healthy he is the best LT in the league, but he clearly took a step back last season and injury's could be piling up, I hope I'm wrong and he bounces back healthy and returns to his all-pro form, but it would be foolish to resign right now, we need to let the season play out and see if he can stay healthy and regain his form and if he does great, resign him, but lets say for sake of argument his shoulder bothers him all season, well that is something we have to seriously consider and we dont want to resign somebody to a massive contract if he is going down the tony boselli road, injury's are a serious concern and were not talking little broken finger injury's, were talking knees, back, shoulder, and bicep, I think Ireland is taking the right approach, let's play the "wait and see" approach and see what happens this season.

absolutely...

wruZA-1.gif

I agree he gets franchised. You get nowhere as a franchise letting the first overall pick get away from you. We need to fill holes, not create new ones.

This may be true that he would like to test the market, though I doubt he ever gets to. The Dolphins will probably try to work out a contract extension this Summer. Even if they don't, no way does Ireland let him hit the market next offseason. He is a prime example why the franchise tag was created.

Interesting to see who we retain after next season with Wake,Long,Bush,Starks,Fasano,
McDaniels,Moore,Garner,Cook,Fields,Trusnik,Culver,Smith,Clemons,Hartline,Bell all
are unrestricted free agents

Interesting to see who we retain after next season with Wake,Long,Bush,Starks,Fasano,
McDaniels,Moore,Garner,Cook,Fields,Trusnik,Culver,Smith,Clemons,Hartline,Bell all
are unrestricted free agents

Honestly looking at that group the only players I'd really prefer to keep are Wake, Long, Bush, Starks, and Fields. It would be nice to bring back Fasano, McDaniels, Smith and Garner too if the price was right but it wouldn't be the worst thing if we didn't. The rest of them are pretty meh.

We have him under contract 2 years..and even then we can franchise him after that to keep him if a long term deal is not done...The only reason I would see Miami drafting a LT in the next 2 years is because they think Long cant play it anymore and they move him to RT which should make him alot cheaper. But to panic now and take a LT seems kinda dumb.

Your crazy we all know that LT is the most important position in all of football. qb's are a dime a dozen lol

Well Kirkham has a history of creating more holes then he fills so this doesn't surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom