Jamar Taylor? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Taylor?

Pretty good.. Would have loved to see Armstead there though... We have a hole at Tackle where corner has 3 guys that can start.

One of those three is coming off back surgery. The other two are more of the journeyman type. We needed a good corner....

Gotta say I like the pick as well. Im thinking WR is gotta be coming up in the 3rd...or TE. I honestly think unless Armstead is there they might wait and get a developmental guy in the 4th or later and go with one of the vets. And we could always still trade for Albert with a 2014 pick...

he should start right away, probably a #2 CB opposite Brent Grimes. Looks like we are drafting to help our pass defense.

Check the grade we get from CBS then check NE:

Their grades are such BS. According to CBS' rankings, which come from NFLDraftScout, has Jamie Collins rated as a 2nd rounder & Jamar Taylor as a 1st-2nd rounder yet Collins is an A+ & Taylor is a B? Collins doesn't fill a need for the Pats at SLB & Taylor fits a big need for the Fins. Such blatant bias BS.

Good call DKphin although I must admit I know nothing about him can you give me a run down on his atrabutes.

Jamar Taylor CB Boise St. 5'11" 192
Analysis
STRENGTHS: Instinctive, dependable cornerback with good overall size and athleticism. Versatile corner with extensive experience playing off-man and zone coverage. Possesses a quick, tight back pedal and has fluid hips to turn and run with receivers.
Good straight-line speed and possesses good burst out of his breaks. Reportedly was timed at 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash by Boise State coaches.
Breaks quickly on underneath routes, showing the ability to close on the ball to make the interception. Good ball skills, including good leaping ability and timing. Good upper body strength and competitiveness for jump-ball situations.
Reliable run defender who doesn't back down from a challenge. Keeps his containment responsibilities, showing the ability to break free from blocks and is a reliable open field tackler who plays with toughness. Named a team captain in 2012 and is viewed by the coaching staff as one of the team's hardest workers.
WEAKNESSES: Only occasionally asked to play press and may lack the size and arm length to fit in this scheme. Aggressive and can be fooled by double-moves.
Was rarely challenged in 2012 and hasn't faced top-notch competition on a weekly basis throughout his career. Has struggled a bit with injuries and will need to be checked closely by team doctors at the Combine.
COMPARES TO: Ronde Barber, DB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Needless to say, Taylor has a long ways to go before a comparison to long-time standout Barber is earned, but they share several similarities, not the least of which is good instincts, a burst to close, reliable open-field tackling ability and a strong work ethic.

Awesome draft so far. If Armstead somehow falls to the 3rd round and we get him and Swope I'm going to party HARD tonight.

Summary: Quick-footed, loose-hipped cornerback with desirable speed, cover skills, ball skills and intangible makeup. Can play outside or inside, contribute as a rookie and become a solid No. 2 cornerback best-suited for off- man/zone coverage.
NFL projection: Second-round pick.

I don't care what anyone says, Ireland has nailed this offseason!

Summary: Quick-footed, loose-hipped cornerback with desirable speed, cover skills, ball skills and intangible makeup. Can play outside or inside, contribute as a rookie and become a solid No. 2 cornerback best-suited for off- man/zone coverage.
NFL projection: Second-round pick.
ie. Perfect for us.

Kiper had Taylor as his 4th rated CB. McShay and Kiper, both loved the pick. He's a really tough cookie and a scheme fit.

Back
Top Bottom