Jamar Taylor? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jamar Taylor?

Marshall is not a journeyman.... Patterson played well last year. Grimes is a pro bowler. No need, just depth.

But I do like the Taylor pick.

77 watch.

-Armstead
-Keenan Allen
-Stedman Bailey
-Brennan Williams
-Ball
-Lacey
-Rambo

77 watch.

-Armstead
-Keenan Allen
-Stedman Bailey
-Brennan Williams
-Ball
-Lacey
-Rambo

I would love to have Rambo but he isn't on our board. He has had multiple off the field issues & does not fit the clean profile.

Marshall is not a journeyman.... Patterson played well last year. Grimes is a pro bowler. No need, just depth.

But I do like the Taylor pick.

Marshall is coming off back surgery. I mean, he was so injured that he played how many games last season? Patterson and Grimes are on one year deals if I am not mistaken. They needed a corner. Now they have one...

Jamar Taylor CB Boise St. 5'11" 192
Analysis
STRENGTHS: Instinctive, dependable cornerback with good overall size and athleticism. Versatile corner with extensive experience playing off-man and zone coverage. Possesses a quick, tight back pedal and has fluid hips to turn and run with receivers.
Good straight-line speed and possesses good burst out of his breaks. Reportedly was timed at 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash by Boise State coaches.

Breaks quickly on underneath routes, showing the ability to close on the ball to make the interception. Good ball skills, including good leaping ability and timing. Good upper body strength and competitiveness for jump-ball situations.
Reliable run defender who doesn't back down from a challenge. Keeps his containment responsibilities, showing the ability to break free from blocks and is a reliable open field tackler who plays with toughness. Named a team captain in 2012 and is viewed by the coaching staff as one of the team's hardest workers.
WEAKNESSES: Only occasionally asked to play press and may lack the size and arm length to fit in this scheme. Aggressive and can be fooled by double-moves.
Was rarely challenged in 2012 and hasn't faced top-notch competition on a weekly basis throughout his career. Has struggled a bit with injuries and will need to be checked closely by team doctors at the Combine.
COMPARES TO: Ronde Barber, DB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Needless to say, Taylor has a long ways to go before a comparison to long-time standout Barber is earned, but they share several similarities, not the least of which is good instincts, a burst to close, reliable open-field tackling ability and a strong work ethic.

Thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom