James Saxon named RB coach/Evan Marcus named Strength Coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Saxon named RB coach/Evan Marcus named Strength Coach

Come on find the Bill Parcells connection! :D

Nice. Running backs coach of the Chiefs the last 7 years. Not a bad pickup.

#22!!

clear.gif

0156_1JPG-1.jpg

meaningless nugget - currently ranks T-97th on dolphins all-time rushing list with 29 yards on 13 carries.

So our staff looks like this so far

Head Coach- Tony Sparano
QB Coach- David Lee
RB Coach- James Saxon
WR Coach- Karl Dorrell
OL Coach- Mike Maser

DC- Todd Bowles (Hired but position unconfirmed)
LB- George Edwards
Asst ST- Steve Hoffman

Lets get these defensive guys to make a decision so they can get on a plane to Mobile.

So our staff looks like this so far

Head Coach- Tony Sparano
QB Coach- David Lee
RB Coach- James Saxon
WR Coach- Karl Dorrell
OL Coach- Mike Maser

DC- Todd Bowles (Hired but position unconfirmed)

Lets get these defensive guys to make a decision so they can get on a plane to Mobile.

don't forget that 2 coaches were retained...asst. ST coach and someone else. Can't find right now, but someone here will know....

linebackers coach george edwards and ST coach steve hoffman were retained.

The one guy some are overlooking is the Strength & Conditioning coach.... THIS is an important postion to Parcells.... Parcells emphasized off season conditioning and never underestimated its importance with any team he has been a head coach with. He very much believes the off-season conditoning makes the difference in preventing injuries during the later part of the football season.
Evan Markus I actually met through a friends brother who played football with him at Ithaca College in upstate NY. I believe he was an offensive tackle on their 88' national championship team... As far as I heard he was a strength coach somewhere in Texas, maybe for the univ. of Texas? I don't know if he was affiliated with the Cowboys at all? Thought I'd just throw that out there.....

Parcells connection? Marcus worked under Al Groh for three seasons.

Boo ya. :)

Back
Top Bottom