James Saxon named RB coach/Evan Marcus named Strength Coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

James Saxon named RB coach/Evan Marcus named Strength Coach

I always found it odd that our head strength coach, Matt Schiotz, was smaller than most kickers. Look at our new one, now HE looks like a strength coach.

You guys forgot to mention our new offensive coordinator, the guy from Carolina. Jennings?

Dan Huenning. Not official yet, but looks likely. Same goes with Dorrell as WRs coach.

Head Coach- Tony Sparano
Off. Coord.-Dan Henning
QB Coach- David Lee
RB Coach- James Saxon
WR Coach- Karl Dorrell
OL Coach- Mike Maser

*DC-Paul Pasqualoni
AC/DB coach- Todd Bowles (Hired but position unconfirmed)
LB- George Edwards
Asst ST- Steve Hoffman

** There is word in Dallas that Paul is also joining the fins as the DC, Bowles is getting the Assistant Head Coach title and will be coaching defensive backs.

I'm willing to bet we will never see a preseason approach like the one we had last year. I still can't believe the uninspired attitude, and atmosphere that was prevalent last year.

Head Coach- Tony Sparano
Off. Coord.-Dan Henning
QB Coach- David Lee
RB Coach- James Saxon
WR Coach- Karl Dorrell
OL Coach- Mike Maser

*DC-Paul Pasqualoni
AC/DB coach- Todd Bowles (Hired but position unconfirmed)
LB- George Edwards
Asst ST- Steve Hoffman

** There is word in Dallas that Paul is also joining the fins as the DC, Bowles is getting the Assistant Head Coach title and will be coaching defensive backs.
What I am impressed with Parcells is how fast he is working,everyday a new hire he seems to be 2 steps ahead of everybody. In atlanta they still havent hired head coach,our whole staff is almost in place.

i liked the job bobby jackson did with ronnie brown last season, i think he was really improving his vision, burst, and really all facets of his game. i was hoping he would be brought back,,,, now i hope saxon can come in and work well here also

linebackers coach george edwards and ST coach steve hoffman were retained.

Hoffman is actually the kicking coach and works mostly with the punter and placekicker. He has long been considered one of the best kicking coaches in the country. Even has his own website :up:

i liked the job bobby jackson did with ronnie brown last season, i think he was really improving his vision, burst, and really all facets of his game. i was hoping he would be brought back,,,, now i hope saxon can come in and work well here also

I'm optimistic about Saxon in regards to helping Ronnie become even better.

Not saying it was all Saxon's doing, but if you recall Priest Holmes was a FA in Baltimore and there wasn't exactly a line going around the block of other teams to sign him--he wanted to be a starter. (He was in Miami for a visit, and we passed on him, because we allegedly thought he'd be a fine #2 back.) So he goes to KC and sets the world on fire for a couple of years. Gonzales was obviously great but they never had decent WRs to help out by spreading the defense. Larry Johnson flourished with Saxon as his RB coach, as well.

I remember when Saxon played for Miami from 1992-1994, and when we signed him a lot of Chiefs fans had good things to say about him, and wished he was going to finish his career with them. I wonder if Trent Green helped him land in Miami this go round.

I'm optimistic about Saxon in regards to helping Ronnie become even better.

Not saying it was all Saxon's doing, but if you recall Priest Holmes was a FA in Baltimore and there wasn't exactly a line going around the block of other teams to sign him--he wanted to be a starter. (He was in Miami for a visit, and we passed on him, because we allegedly thought he'd be a fine #2 back.) So he goes to KC and sets the world on fire for a couple of years. Gonzales was obviously great but they never had decent WRs to help out by spreading the defense. Larry Johnson flourished with Saxon as his RB coach, as well.

I remember when Saxon played for Miami from 1992-1994, and when we signed him a lot of Chiefs fans had good things to say about him, and wished he was going to finish his career with them. I wonder if Trent Green helped him land in Miami this go round.

thats good to hear, i really don't have much knowledge of saxon but its certainly hard to miss the fact that priest an larry johnson have been outstanding backs. i'm definately optimistic and hope saxon comes here and really helps our boys. i just feel ronnie was on track last season and i think jackson had a lot to do with it

Back
Top Bottom