Jared Odrick Getting Tested for PEDs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jared Odrick Getting Tested for PEDs

This is nothing compared to USA olympic tests. After the CJ Hunter/Marion Jones scandal, they literally show up and stick with you until it's wee-wee time. They actually watch you pee into their cup. :lol:
I used to oversee drug tests for the Boxing Commission. You HAVE to watch them pee in the cup.

I'd REALLY like to see JJ Watt "randomly" tested for PEDs....

That dude is handling another mans pee with no gloves? Nasty...

That's what you took from this? How about he's handling it in the same place that they make their food. Might as well be lemonade...

This is nothing compared to USA olympic tests. After the CJ Hunter/Marion Jones scandal, they literally show up and stick with you until it's wee-wee time. They actually watch you pee into their cup. :lol:

Yea, this is why when I hear some of these former football players who are now radio show hosts talk about athletes like Dana Torres and Michael Phelps and the fact that they are probably on PED's I have to laugh. Sure anything is possible, but somebody who plays football, a sport that is probably littered with more PED users than all of them, has no room to make those assumptions because those Olympics athletes go through hell.

Lance Armstrong was different because he was taking so much **** to recover from cancer that it masked all of the PED's and blood doping he was doing but in general football is definitely "less intensive" than Olympic sports and cycling.

After admitting an addict to the detox clinic, I had to watch them pee. No gloves is big-time non-no.

Everyone gets tested even punters. Only thing we don't know is how the process works. Pretty sure Ray Lewis being able to bench press 600 lbs isn't natural - for all we know he could be carrying around another man's pee on a tote bag just incase he gets stalked by these weird medical assistants to test him at his grandma's house.

And that's gonna be a problem "WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odrick reminds me so much of Lyle Alzado, it's like a flashback to the 80's when I was a kid watching the Raiders. He talks just like him, he even has that half crazy look in his eyes.

Too bad Odrick is not half the player Lyle was

Of course he is going to pass it.... He sucks!

Typical unecesary "he sucks" response,good analysis, the guy played out of position out of need in order to help the team,he is a natural DT and showed great promise,then got moved to DE and switched at time to DT, produced 5 sacks including some big ones and was good against the run, he also gives the Phins leverage/plugs a possible DT hole with McDaniel and Starks as FA,and just remember Solia will be a FA again after this year

Gotta tell you fellas... anytime any player gets tested, its a crapshoot what the results are going to be. There is no doubt that every NFL player, MLB player, or professional athlete these days are taking some form of PED's. Are they all taking steroids? No. But PERFROMING ENHANCING DRUGS are not limited to steroids. Amphetamines were used on a daily basis by professional athletes to 'get them up' before games. It was basically red bull for athletes, and it was only until 2006 that the NFL said, oh wait.... this is also enhancing the performance of our players.

Cortisone is a legal steroid used all the time. let that sink in, steroids are a drug that 'illegally enhance the performance of the players', but this one is legal. Toradol is another drug thats a hot topic now. There are hundreds of "supplements" these guys are taking, and they are all PERFORMING ENHANCING DRUGS.

As far as the testing goes. I worked for a sports agency this summer and we had a player who tested positive for amphetamines. Just a little background on the process.
Tester shows up at team facility, ballpark, or house unannounced before a game.
Takes and A and a B sample from a player, or players.
Goes home and either immediately overnight FedEx's the samples out to the lab or stores them properly overnight and does it first thing the next morning.

The lab runs the urine through a computer analyzer which "red flags" any possible irregularities.
The lab analysts then go in and manually check each red flag to confirm whether or not there is indeed a banned substance in the sample.

I know the MLB uses the same drug testing agency as the Olympics and I was shocked at the process.

We received a short one page letter signed by Bud Selig essentially saying "Dear X, you tested positive for amphetamines. suspended 50 games. suspended x more games if you test positive again. Sincerely, Bud Selig"

To make a long story short. Our player swore on his life he was clean. The Agency who runs the tests has a policy where for 200 dollars you can retest using the B sample. It was our understanding that it was a complete waste of time. They advised most players that their testing is 100 percent accurate and had never had a test refuted. We figured the only way we were going to reverse it was to find a handling of the sample loophole like Braun did. But we paid the 200 dollars to get the sample tested anyway. Lo and behold, we get a phone call from the MLB Commissioner's office telling us that we had made history. For the first time ever, the B sample came back negative and our player's name and career were cleared.

This experience has left a very long standing doubt in my mind about 1. the process and 2. how many players have either slipped through the cracks or were innocent but just didnt pay to have their sample retested.

Bottom line, I wouldn't be shocked either way if Jared came back clean or dirty... I don't trust the system, and frankly, I don't trust the players.

Heres the ESPN link to our story from this summer, slightly summarized.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...milwaukee-brewers-minor-leaguer-erick-almonte

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom