Jason Kidd asks Nets to Trade him | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd asks Nets to Trade him

Motion

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Jason Kidd says he wants to be traded, and New Jersey's All-Star point guard missed Tuesday's team shootaround.

"We tried to make this work. We've found out it doesn't," Kidd told ESPN The Magazine on Monday. "It's time for us all to move on."

The Nets, losers of nine in a row, were scheduled to play the Milwaukee Bucks at home Tuesday night.

Nets president Rod Thorn did not immediately return a phone message Tuesday.

Trade speculation has followed Kidd since last February when the Nets reportedly were close to making a deal that would have sent him to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Last month, Kidd sat out a game against the New York Knicks with a migraine, a move suspected by some to be a one-day walkout to try and force a trade or new contract.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/7734242/Kidd-asks-Nets-for-trade,-misses-shootaround

This is all about a contract extension correct?
No Kidd is signed for the next two years at 19m and 21m. Its because he doesnt feel the Nets can win. Jefferson and Carter's games are too similar.

The best Ive heard for the Nets has him heading to Dallas for Harris and Howard but I cant see that.

Cavs have dogpoop to offer.
LA wont deal Bynum.
No idea where he will end up. Denver would make sense but they have nothing much to offer either.

This is all about a contract extension correct?

Yes part of it. He asked for an extension and the Nets said no, the next night he pulled the I don't feel good and didn't play.

One player went up to Thorn a month ago and said to trade him, he is hurting the team he does not want to be here.

They are not talking them.

One possible scenario, league sources said, involves Kidd and features the Nets, Mavericks and at least one other Western Conference team -- perhaps Portland or Denver -- that could provide New Jersey with young players.

Kidd would go to Dallas and the Nets would get back Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Jerry Stackhouse and picks, plus more players from the other team, the sources said.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/Kidd_wants_out_of_NJ_but_dont_hold_your_breath.html

im not 100% sure because anything can happen, but all portland would give up is draft picks..they arent breaking up the chemistry right now..kidd would screw the cap plan they have too

just wish he would be traded already...seems like he has wanted out of NJ for ever

Man, I pray that the Nuggets get Kidd. I doubt they have anything the Nets would want for him (so a trade isn't likely) but add him to the Nuggets and I think they go all the way. It's not going to happen, I know, I know, but still, Kidd, Kenyon (who is getting healthier), Carmelo, AI, and Camby would do damage. I'd love to see it happen!

PS: I know a trade is unlikely, I'd just like to see it happen, so all you who are going to come on here and say it will never happen can save it because I know it's doubtful, but it won't stop my wishful thinking!

They are not talking them.

One possible scenario, league sources said, involves Kidd and features the Nets, Mavericks and at least one other Western Conference team -- perhaps Portland or Denver -- that could provide New Jersey with young players.

Kidd would go to Dallas and the Nets would get back Devean George, DeSagana Diop, Jerry Stackhouse and picks, plus more players from the other team, the sources said.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/Kidd_wants_out_of_NJ_but_dont_hold_your_breath.html
And the Nets get what out of that? 3 pieces of washed up has beens/never was and a few picks?

Remember the Nets dont want to trade him, theyre going to want players that can help them win now; at the very least a quality big man. They can get away with Marcus Williams as the PG since he has shown he can play but they need a PF or a C.

Why should the Nets be looking to win now? Kidd was right in saying that it was a failed experiment. They weren't going to win anything with the team currently assembled and certainly aren't going to win if Kidd is dumped. They've drafted well over the last few years.....its time to start the youngsters and see if they can play.

A good thing we didn't trade Bynum to the Nets. Too bad Nets won't take Kwame.

Why should the Nets be looking to win now? Kidd was right in saying that it was a failed experiment. They weren't going to win anything with the team currently assembled and certainly aren't going to win if Kidd is dumped. They've drafted well over the last few years.....its time to start the youngsters and see if they can play.
They are starting the youngsters..Boone and Sean Williams have played well. But Sean Williams isnt ready to play 30 mins a night because he fouls too much. Theyd be a contender in the east if they could get a PF who could play 35 mins a night and just throw in Marcus Williams at PG. Carter and Jefferson are both good for 20 a night and if you figure adequate production from Marcus Williams and a good scoring/defending PF theyre as good as any team in the east this side of Boston/Detroit

A good thing we didn't trade Bynum to the Nets. Too bad Nets won't take Kwame.
Kwame is horrible. Dummy cant even set a pick right for Kobe. Like 4x in the fourth quarter tonight Kobe just waved him away or he was called for a moving pick.

Back
Top Bottom