Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

Doubt it will happen, but its nice to think about. Not sure how well Kidd would play with Kobe, considering how much Kobe likes having the ball in his hands.

Doubt it will happen, but its nice to think about. Not sure how well Kidd would play with Kobe, considering how much Kobe likes having the ball in his hands.

That is a misnomer, that I think has been debunked this year. Kobe takes less shots than last year and his assists are up. Yes he likes to shoot, but when you are as good as he is at it, why wouldn't you? Besides, Kidd likes to defer and rack up assistns moreso than points. It would seem to work out fine.

Jason Kidd has been linked with the Lakers all along. But the Phoenix Suns, perhaps to block Los Angeles from getting Kidd, offered a package that included Kurt Thomas, Raja Bell and the Hawks' first-round pick that came in the Joe Johnson trade, the sources said.

Wow imagine the passes you would see if Kidd and Nash were together. However i dont think that would work great, Nash can't guard a 2 guard, idk if Kidd can, and if he can could he do it for a whole game? Also one of them would have to start to shoot more also

That is a misnomer, that I think has been debunked this year. Kobe takes less shots than last year and his assists are up. Yes he likes to shoot, but when you are as good as he is at it, why wouldn't you? Besides, Kidd likes to defer and rack up assistns moreso than points. It would seem to work out fine.

The point being made was that Kobe likes the ball in his hands, not that he likes to shoot it. The only guards in the league that handle it more are Wade and Arenas. There are always questions as to how two players who both like the ball in their hands will manage to coexist (AI & Melo).

Wow imagine the passes you would see if Kidd and Nash were together. However i dont think that would work great, Nash can't guard a 2 guard, idk if Kidd can, and if he can could he do it for a whole game? Also one of them would have to start to shoot more also

I think it's an insurance policy if nash gets hurt.

At least that's how I view it.

Like I said from day 1.

Rod Thorn was never making the sucker trade Mitch Kupchak made when he moved Shaquille O'Neal without getting Miami's best player in return. Kupchak gift-wrapped Pat Riley a parade, and the Lakers' general manager has been scouring the league ever since in search of a fool who mirrored the reflection in his own bathroom glass.
For some strange reason, Kupchak kept calling Thorn. He kept trying to con one of the smartest executives in the league.
Kupchak kept dialing the wrong area code.

"If I trade Jason Kidd for what the Lakers are offering," Thorn was telling people, "it would look like I was saying, 'Screw New Jersey until we get to Brooklyn.' And I'm not going to screw New Jersey."
Thorn wasn't moving Kidd for every bum on the Laker roster, no matter how much Kupchak tried talking him into it. Thorn once drafted Michael Jordan for the Bulls, but all these years later he wasn't handing Phil Jackson a Hall of Fame point guard, a playmaker who could fast-break Jackson away from his six-game losing streak, not while the Nets were busy calling a news conference to introduce Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown.

So Thorn wasn't about to turn his New Jersey track record into a two-way street. He told the Lakers he'd consider Lamar Odom for Kidd, but that Andrew Bynum, the 7-foot teenager out of St. Joseph of Metuchen, would seal the deal.
Kupchak didn't want to include either player in his offer. When the Lakers' GM made his final pre-deadline call about Kidd, Thorn told him, in effect, that it was Bynum or nothing.

It was nothing. Thorn heard from several other teams about Kidd, including one that offered what a source called "a very good young player whose name would surprise you." Thorn rejected that bid, the source said, because it came tethered to the provision that the Nets "take someone else back in the trade, a bad guy with a long-term contract."

This hour of trade-deadline inactivity was among Thorn's finest. As he was declaring Kidd the best player New Jersey has ever employed, Thorn was again proving himself to be the best executive in franchise history.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcwODE4OTkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

Like I said from day 1.

Rod Thorn was never making the sucker trade Mitch Kupchak made when he moved Shaquille O'Neal without getting Miami's best player in return. Kupchak gift-wrapped Pat Riley a parade, and the Lakers' general manager has been scouring the league ever since in search of a fool who mirrored the reflection in his own bathroom glass.
For some strange reason, Kupchak kept calling Thorn. He kept trying to con one of the smartest executives in the league.
Kupchak kept dialing the wrong area code.

"If I trade Jason Kidd for what the Lakers are offering," Thorn was telling people, "it would look like I was saying, 'Screw New Jersey until we get to Brooklyn.' And I'm not going to screw New Jersey."
Thorn wasn't moving Kidd for every bum on the Laker roster, no matter how much Kupchak tried talking him into it. Thorn once drafted Michael Jordan for the Bulls, but all these years later he wasn't handing Phil Jackson a Hall of Fame point guard, a playmaker who could fast-break Jackson away from his six-game losing streak, not while the Nets were busy calling a news conference to introduce Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown.

So Thorn wasn't about to turn his New Jersey track record into a two-way street. He told the Lakers he'd consider Lamar Odom for Kidd, but that Andrew Bynum, the 7-foot teenager out of St. Joseph of Metuchen, would seal the deal.
Kupchak didn't want to include either player in his offer. When the Lakers' GM made his final pre-deadline call about Kidd, Thorn told him, in effect, that it was Bynum or nothing.

It was nothing. Thorn heard from several other teams about Kidd, including one that offered what a source called "a very good young player whose name would surprise you." Thorn rejected that bid, the source said, because it came tethered to the provision that the Nets "take someone else back in the trade, a bad guy with a long-term contract."

This hour of trade-deadline inactivity was among Thorn's finest. As he was declaring Kidd the best player New Jersey has ever employed, Thorn was again proving himself to be the best executive in franchise history.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcwODE4OTkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

The funny part is, by doing this, Thorn HAS screwed New Jersey until Kidd comes off the books. They aren't going to have any room to do anything and will most likely continue to be on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs.

Oh well. When Radmanovich went down, I figured it helped kill the trade, same for Wade. With Wade out, New Jersey probably thinks they can creep into the 8th seed, and they might, but they aren't going to win squat and will continue to mire in medicority with high contracts that handcuff them.

The funny part is, by doing this, Thorn HAS screwed New Jersey until Kidd comes off the books. They aren't going to have any room to do anything and will most likely continue to be on the outside looking in when it comes to the playoffs.

Oh well. When Radmanovich went down, I figured it helped kill the trade, same for Wade. With Wade out, New Jersey probably thinks they can creep into the 8th seed, and they might, but they aren't going to win squat and will continue to mire in medicority with high contracts that handcuff them.

Problem is, this deal wasn't helping them THAT much with the cap. They would have gotten Kwame Brown's deal, which wouldn't come off the cap until next year. If the Nets had gotten a bunch of stuff to come off the cap after this year, it would have made more sense. As it is, they would have gotten marginal cap relief and nothing else. I don't blame the Nets for holding out for Bynum. If you're trading a Hall of Fame point guard with plenty left in the tank, you'd better get more than some distant cap relief.

Thorn played it the right way. Trading Kidd for what the Lakers were apparently offering was a sucker move; he'd have been trading a dollar for a quarter and two dimes.

Problem is, this deal wasn't helping them THAT much with the cap. They would have gotten Kwame Brown's deal, which wouldn't come off the cap until next year. If the Nets had gotten a bunch of stuff to come off the cap after this year, it would have made more sense. As it is, they would have gotten marginal cap relief and nothing else. I don't blame the Nets for holding out for Bynum. If you're trading a Hall of Fame point guard with plenty left in the tank, you'd better get more than some distant cap relief.

Thorn played it the right way. Trading Kidd for what the Lakers were apparently offering was a sucker move; he'd have been trading a dollar for a quarter and two dimes.

Yep, totally agree 100% with the cap.

Trade for equal value or better, not scrubs.

Yep, totally agree 100% with the cap.

Trade for equal value or better, not scrubs.

Doesnt happen in the nba. You trade for draft picks and young players hoping they'll be great. Like Dale Davis for a young riding the bench player Jermaine Oneal. That why they wanted Bynum. Bynum for Kidd is not a equal trade but the possibility is there. I think this trade will represent itself in the offseason again.

Doesnt happen in the nba. You trade for draft picks and young players hoping they'll be great. Like Dale Davis for a young riding the bench player Jermaine Oneal. That why they wanted Bynum. Bynum for Kidd is not a equal trade but the possibility is there. I think this trade will represent itself in the offseason again.
Your dreaming son....Big men are a hot commodity...you dont give them up for rapidly aging PG's. And Jermaine was always good, it just so happened he was behind Wallace and Kemp...

I don't. Kidd's value will only decrease with time, while Bynum's will only increase. If the Lakers wouldn't include Bynum now, when they're in the thick of a playoff race, there's no reason to believe they'll do it 6 months from now when Bynum is older, wiser and better.

Your dreaming son....Big men are a hot commodity...you dont give them up for rapidly aging PG's. And Jermaine was always good, it just so happened he was behind Wallace and Kemp...

That why I said Bynum for Kidd is not a equal deal. Sincethe Lakers had serious discussion on making a trade something will happen with this roster. The Lakers I think will move Bynum in the offseason but it wont be for Kidd I think it will be for Garnett. Portland never knew Jermain Oneal was going to be that good, that why they gave him up for chump change old *** Dale Davis.

I don't. Kidd's value will only decrease with time, while Bynum's will only increase. If the Lakers wouldn't include Bynum now, when they're in the thick of a playoff race, there's no reason to believe they'll do it 6 months from now when Bynum is older, wiser and better.

It will represent itself again but it wont be for bynum. Kidd is gonna get moved maybe not the lakers but there will be talk again in the offseason. NJ media is saying Thorn is the best executive in Nets history. Man the Nets are going nowhere then, I think he mess up not making a deal with any team for Kidd because his value is going to diminish quickly.

Back
Top Bottom