Jason Kidd to Lakers? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Kidd to Lakers?

Just curious...why are you so desperate to believe this? It seems you like trying to convince yourself that something as improbable as this is going to happen.

Same question could be asked to you right? Quite frankly, I am not the one who started the rumor now am I? Unless, of course, you believe that Vescey, Bucher, Dan Patrick, Greg Anthony and the rest of the sports media were controlled by me.

:rolleyes: I don't need to be convinced of anything. I am not desperate to believe anything either, despite what you might think, but thanks for putting words in my mouth. I am simply putting a viewpoint out there in regards to the Nets long term success. The simple fact is that they will not win anything with Kidd and Carter on that roster. Together, those two combine for nearly 35 million in salary. Trading away both for expiring contracts and young, cheap TALENTED players makes good business sense.

Keeping Kidd around for the sake of trying to put a few people in the stands is foolish. It doesn't work and they are simply delaying the process that they will have to go through in a year or two. Despite what others think, Kidd is not in a position to be the first or even second scoring option anymore, in addition to his others duties. Kidd going to the Lakers alleviates that problem and helps the Nets in the long term by clearing up space getting younger, talented players and a bunch of draft picks to help build the roster up again in a few years.

People who think that keeping Kidd and Carter together as the nucleus to this team are fooling themselves. The Nets won't be a serious contender to anything if they do that, and they get to go through this painful rebuilding process in a year or so from now with even less to show for it.

In reality I dont think the trade will happen unless we give up bynum. That's not going to happen giving up a 19 yr old Center who developing well for a aging PG with back problems and 2 yrs left. Unless a 3rd team comes in its going to be tough to get it done.

thats why i dotn wan give up on farmar either. he is 21? and i like him a lot

There is no Bynum rumor. He isn't getting traded. Period. The Nets either accept the Lakers offer or no deal gets done at all.

Jason Kidd being dealt appeared to be lessening, as sources said the Nets are not actively seeking a third team to include in a possible Kidd deal.

The Lakers and Golden State were in the mix, but Los Angeles is the front-runner if Kidd were to be moved. Sources indicate the Lakers offered Jordan Farmar, Aaron McKie, Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown for Kidd. Mihm and Brown are out with injuries

For the Nets to move Kidd to the Lakers, second-year center Andrew Bynum, a Plainsboro native, would have to be part of the deal, although veteran forward Lamar Odom also would be attractive to the Nets. The Nets also would part with Jason Collins as part of the package.

Carter seems to be the one on the way out the door.

Reportedly, the Nets are talking with the Clippers about a package that would include 6-foot-7 guard Shaun Livingston. But two sources denied that Tuesday night. Earlier this season, the Nets were unwilling to trade Carter to the Clippers for Cuttino Mobley and Corey Maggette. Seattle is a possibility for Carter.

League sources say that teams from both conferences are interested in Carter, and the Nets could be willing to move him for a package of "good players" that includes a big man.

http://www.northjersey.com/page.php...lRUV5eTcwODEwNTImeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

What offer?

Some sportswriter decided he needed something to print so he went to realGM and added up some contracts, then wrote of the impending deal....which of course he had confirmed with numerous league sources. Then all the message board nuts who had nothing better to do began propogating it and it went from some random person's deadline garbage to becoming a reality. Apparently, not only do the Laker's fans know its going to happen, they also know its for the betterment of the Nets, and the only way that team is going to improve.

Some sportswriter decided he needed something to print so he went to realGM and added up some contracts, then wrote of the impending deal....which of course he had confirmed with numerous league sources. Then all the message board nuts who had nothing better to do began propogating it and it went from some random person's deadline garbage to becoming a reality. Apparently, not only do the Laker's fans know its going to happen, they also know its for the betterment of the Nets, and the only way that team is going to improve.

Of course...because trading HOFers for nothing and cap space enough to sign the Chucky Atkins of this world is the way you improve.

Of course...because trading HOFers for nothing and cap space enough to sign the Chucky Atkins of this world is the way you improve.

I totally agree, I don't see either team caving in really.. If your the Nets why move Kidd for Farmer and some cap space. If your the Lakers, Bynum is a big price to pay for 2 years of Kidd, with no frontline.

Rod Thorn is a great GM and whatever he does I am sure will be the best move for that team.

I totally agree, I don't see either team caving in really.. If your the Nets why move Kidd for Farmer and some cap space. If your the Lakers, Bynum is a big price to pay for 2 years of Kidd, with no frontline.

Farmar was NEVER included in any talks according to team sources/jackson.

Back
Top Bottom