Jason Whitlocks TEN MORE NFL TRUTHS | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Whitlocks TEN MORE NFL TRUTHS

Way_Far_Fan_13 said:
Maybe it is just me but why does everyone think The Dolphins are overachievers? I see underachieving I think the Dolphins with the talent they have should be 3-0 and Ronnie should have 400 yards. I know ESPN has something against the Dolphins but if they can get on the Bengals bandwagan after 15 years of no playoffs then why can't they just admit that the Dolphins are not a bad team?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page...whitlock/050929

Quote by Jason Whitlock

3. Of the undefeated teams -- Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Washington and Tampa Bay -- the Buccaneers will stay undefeated the longest.

If the Bengals get by Houston this weekend, which I don't expect, they'll lose on the road at Jacksonville. Seattle or Denver will stop the Redskins within the next two weeks. The Colts have two straight road trips against beatable opponents -- Tennessee and San Francisco -- but winning on the road is terribly difficult.

Meanwhile, the Bucs host Detroit, then get to play the QB-less Jets. After Tampa Bay wins those, I envision the Bucs' trouncing overachieving Miami and whipping San Fran on the road to make it to 7-0.

Why would the Bengals struggle against Houston this weekend? This guy has no cred.

Ok, when talking about Miami the guy says they are underachieving, and that they should be 3-0 and Ronnie should have 400 yards.

Then, he says Tampa will roll over the "overachieving" Dolphins.

WTF?

You have to wonder how guys like Whitlock get a job covering the NFL???:confused:
He is smoking the same thing Ricky was.

WitheringPlant said:
He actually thinks the Bengals will lose to Houston? What a joke. And he talks like its a no brainer.

That's what I was thinking. Thus far it's the NFL's best vs the NFL worst.

Aqua Man said:
Ok, when talking about Miami the guy says they are underachieving, and that they should be 3-0 and Ronnie should have 400 yards.

Then, he says Tampa will roll over the "overachieving" Dolphins.

WTF?

If you read it again, you'll realize that was the poster who said we should be 3-0 and Ronnie should have 400 yards. ;)

I agree that the Bucs and Bengals are paper tigers, but if the Bengals lose to the Texans I'll just have to eat my shorts. The Texans are bad, very bad, and I am not sure having Joe Pendry call the plays is going to make much difference. Having Mike Tice call the plays in Minnesota is going to make a heck of a lot more difference than having Pendry call the plays in Houston.

So yeah, the Bucs beat a Vikings team that was playing horribly at the time, they beat a listless Green Bay team on a missed extra point, and they beat a pretty bad Bills team that has found 0 offensive identity in any one of their three games (with their only win coming against the, surprise surprise, Houston Texans). I don't think the Bucs will lose to the Lions, because the Lions have only beaten the lowly heartless Packers, and lost to the lowly Chicago Bears. They are not for real either.

The Bengals have beaten the Browns (whose sole win came against the, surprise surprise, Green Bay Packers), Minnesota back when they were still playing horribly and Tice wasn't calling the offense, and the Chicago BEARS who started a rookie that tossed 5 picks. The Bengals will also remain winless, and continue to keep their paper tiger status just as the Bucs will.

Are you noticing a trend here? Lot of sharing of teams? Basically the wins earned by the Bucs and Bengals were earned against teams that are either absolutely horrible, or teams whose sole victories came against those same absolutely horrible teams! After this week the Bucs and Bengals will be each 4-0 having each gotten to play 4 games against some of the worst teams in football. Where they will each have a big wake up call is in a week when the Bengals take on Jacksonville in Jacksonville, and for the Bucs in two weeks when they play Miami. Have fun beating teams that actually have talent and are for real.

And btw the overachiever status comes from Saban himself. He wants us to be overachievers. Gus Frerotte is overachieving I can safely say. The defense is overachieving just a little bit thanks to the overachieving Keith Traylor (honestly how long can he keep this up because through Week 3 he gets my vote as All-Pro). The offensive line is overachieving in a BIG way right now considering the fact that it is the exact same personnel that was the worst unit in football a year ago. We're overachievers. That's fine. There have been Super Bowl champion overachievers before.

Back
Top Bottom