Jay Cutler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If Jay Cutler slides down to 16 in the draft, will Saban select him?

YES or trade the pick for multiple picks from someone who covets him.

No way. Use him as trade bait to get another team to jump up and get him.

Doubt It. With so few picks, and the Culpepper acquisition, the Dolphins would be have to see something pretty special in Cutler. We have to many other holes to fill. Besides, I seriously doubt Cutler slides to 16.

I really hope we wouldnt select Cutler...we have holes to fill and Saftey/Reciever/Linebacker are positions that can be filled by rookies with a high rate of success. My wish list...not in any specific order...

Jason Allen
Donte Whitner
Santonio
Chad Jackson
Chad Greenway

All guys who i think could play significant roles their rookie season.

I agree you have to use this as an opportunity to get more picks. You definately don't pass on him, but try and make a trade. If no one wants him then you have to draft him because he will most likely be the best player avaliable. But I seriously doubt that no one will want to him.

I think he would receive strong consideration. He would most likely represent the most value to the Miami Dolphins.

See, if we draft a quarterback, it is not necessarily for the purpose of trading him down the road.

The purpose would likely be to develope him and trade Culpepper down the road.

:shakeno:....Cutler will be a bust!!!.why do people like this kid so much??.I don't buy into the hype..I haven't even heard of him till recently and his stats are not even good..ohh well,thankfully he'll be gone by 16.

Have you watched him on tape?

His team stunk. They dropped pass after pass and failed to block on just about every occassion.

I have no problem saying this:

If he were the starting starting quarterback at USC, and Leinart was the starting quarterback for Vanderbilt, Leinart would likely be a second day pick and Cutler would be a lock to go in the top 3.

He is not all hype.

If you want to look for the "hype" in this draft, look no further than Matt Leinart.

A&O said:
If Jay Cutler slides down to 16 in the draft, will Saban select him?
Not a chance. He should be a second round prospect.

I agree with all those who say trade him for more picks, esp. since we are a liitle short on picks this year!!

Trade who? Cutler?

If he falls to us at 16, we won't be drafting him to trade him. That is because his value will be equal to or lower than the value of the 16th pick, something that at that point we would obviously not have been able to trade for equal value before we picked Cutler.

If we draft a quarterback, it will be Culpepper who is traded for picks in two years. Not the guy we drafted.

Back
Top Bottom