Jay Cutler | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler

I was thinking the exact opposite. Cutler actually got better oline play today than tanny almost ever got. If that was tanny out there today, certain people would of given him all the blame and say coaching and oline was an excuse

That wasn't good line play out there at all today.

Idk how many plays but his throwing motion looked to be going in slow motion like he was going to heave one deep but was only for like a simple hook.
Someone needs to put leads weights on his feet to keep them on the ground that was easily the worst footwork I've seen from a professional player.
Honestly is this how he has always been or are these more exaggerated than his normal?

I don't think Moore is the answer but I respect the heck out of him. He got us to the playoffs w a 3-1 (or 2-1 and a comeback save) in the regular season. In that Pitt game he hit 14 or 15 in a row - and somewhere along the way he got decapitated. I've never seen a QB take a cheap shot like that and only miss one play. Here's the thing I wonder from the players' POV - Moore got them to the playoffs, took that shot and got up, has been the consummate pro, is a popular teammate, etc. Tannehill goes down and you go get Jay Cutler out of retirement. Perhaps he's better than Moore - it's not the point. Point is what kind of message does that send to guys working their tails off for playing time and doing all of the right things. We weren't going to contend w Cutler. May have been the right thing to do for the long term of the team and it's psyche. Loss today was not all on Jay - I'm simply posing the question if you weren't going to be competitive anyway, why not let the guy who's been doing everything you ask play? Again, no, I don't think we go we do any better when all is said and done - and probably no worse. But we would have kept another $10mil to sign Jarvis etc.

Yeah all this pretty much, they probably end up with similar stats, though i think moore wins more and has less picks. I said when Gase did this he def lost respect in the locker room, they'll def still play hard but not as much for him after that, was a really shady move even after all of that 'our guys' talk. I got mocked for saying it but those people couldn't see water coming walking on the beach. The point is if we won a few more or lost a few more we would have at least saved 10 mil and respect amongst the team, that was a phiblin esque move by gase, football players dont respect hypocrisy. Plus we would have had that underdog mindset with Moore, with cutler you don't really get that because you dropped 10 mil on him to replace your quality starter who earned the spot and doesn't get it cuz the coach has no faith in anything that isn't for sure or high profile. I don't think we would have made the playoffs with either, but there was a slight chance of that rallying factor with Moore.

Apparently too many of you only saw Jay Cutler highlights and never watched him play. If Jay Cutler was a good QB he'd probably not be on his 3rd team and he sure as heck would have more than 1 playoff appearance in 10 years.

This is Jay Cutler...sometimes you'll get the good Jay and sometimes you'll get the bad Jay...today was bad Jay.
I believe fans buy into this too much. Whenever we sign someone fans always expect the prime of that player to come out for us. Hardly ever the case. With Cutler, who is at the very end of his career and nowhere near his prime, I just wanted him to be a significant upgrade over Moore (who is nearing the end too). I haven't watched a ton of Cutler games but he just doesn't look excited to be playing again.

Back
Top Bottom