Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Glazer on Sedano Show: Ireland high on Tannehill LAST YEAR

Ireland picked Tannehill.....And next year we have the most draft picks in the top 100.

Sounds like Ireland's hitting his stride.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

Come on.

Winning inspires love. Loss inspires hate.

There's really very little else to base it on in sports.

Edit; I've been with Ross and Ireland all along. Pull up any
thread I made, or replied to.

You are right about wins taking care of a lot of things. However, I am right about the bunker mentality he has. It gives us nothing to go on.

Listen to the interview here:

http://wqam.com (in the right bar, Jay Glazer w/ Sedano 10/23)

Starts at 2:31 into the audio clip. Tannehill stuff starts at around 3:59.

"Here is a guy I knew Jeff Ireland loved from the previous year. and in the with the Matt Flynn thing, he always knew he wasn't going to go hog wild on a QB because he always had his sights set on Tannehill. and again, he fell in love with the guy the year before. People thought it was a Mike Sherman thing, it wasn't. It was a Jeff Ireland thing from 2 years ago."

Ireland is the gm of the team.

There shouldn't need to be any leaks about who Ireland liked, when he liked whoever, or any of that, if he's the number 1 guy in charge, that should already be assumed.

So to me, it seems like someone in Mia is releasing false information because they are insecure. Or maybe it is true, but if it was, why the need to release the info?

I don't see any rumors out of any other franchise about when there gm liked a specific player. So why in Mia? Think abiut it.

Your trying too hard my dude. Ireland hit a home run, get over it.

Fact is nobody hits on everything but Ireland has done a lot of good. I think he has done his best outside of the draft and has been worst in free agency, but has been great at finding undrafted players and finding gems like Wake.

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut sooner or later. So what if Ireland was high on Tannehill way before the draft. What about Egnew , Pat White and all the other dumb picks he made!

All the information leaking about this makes me think Ireland had nothing to do with this. Makes no sense for this stuff to still be coming out, if Ireland was 100% in charge of the pick, and he's the gm, than why does he seem so incredibly insecure? It seemed like half of hard knocks was Ireland trying tom prove he's the man.

I just don't get it.

I just don't get.......what you trying to say here. Clearly Ireland liked T-Hill before Sherman was hired, he clearly picked Sherman's brain to check then wisely pulled the trigger on T-Hill when most experts said he was nuts to pick him at 8. T-Hill is the real deal period.....end of story :-)

Jeff Ireland has been putting it out to the media hard and steady that he loved Ryan Tannehill all along since the day he drafted him. Did Jay Glazer cite a source? I have money that says his source is Ireland.

Absolutely. Ireland said he watched all Tannehill's games FROM 2010, he never said he watched all his games IN 2010. This idea that he saw the Tannehill acorn back when little Ryan was in short pants throwing balls off the back porch in Texas is funny. Guy is hitching himself to the T'hill Express and, to be fair to him, that's kind of the GM's prerogative. He gets the brickbats for the misses, he'd be a fool not to make sure he gets the credit for the hits.

There is no dumb picks, some players just don't work out, just like half the clothes that you buy some look good and some don't. Just look at all of the missed players in dolphins past, every Gm that they have had must have sucked big time because draft picks are a crap shoot, Now if you would like to talk about development of those players that another topic and even then don't the player have some responsibility to hone his craft?

wasn't there an article right after the draft from the local media saying the same thing? Ireland and his staff were scouting another player during whatever game and Tannehill was making nice throws so Ireland decided to keep an eye on him.

Jeff Ireland has been putting it out to the media hard and steady that he loved Ryan Tannehill all along since the day he drafted him. Did Jay Glazer cite a source? I have money that says his source is Ireland.

I believe Ireland was Gil Brandt's source as well?

Back
Top Bottom