"jays got his go to man back " | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"jays got his go to man back "

it was a team effort, every player across the board got busy... and ricky was just EXPLOSIVE that game.. thats team effort from the o line til the d line..

its all media hype, he knew, his agent knew his home is in miami

OG is solid WR. He is kind of like Jay is as a QB. Steady consistent, occcassional gutsy play , but not all pro material.

I am glad he is back.

i like the move, but now tell me this--hes obvioulsy taking hte spot of jackson baker or newsome so where do those guys go... do htey get released or stored on the Practice squad? i dont want to see those guys released

Originally posted by dolphanjo
i like the move, but now tell me this--hes obvioulsy taking hte spot of jackson baker or newsome so where do those guys go... do htey get released or stored on the Practice squad? i dont want to see those guys released

It doesn't matter to homers, they've never seen D. Thompson play, so all they know is OG...He did drop a lot of balls last year..one of the reasons his avg was so low..I have it on tape.
I would have loved to keep Baker, or Newson, and if Jackson gets his act together, maybe even him...Just one new speedy person..other than CC and Mcknight, we don't have a lot of speed at WR...If CC and Mcknight go down, Ricky will be facing 8 man fronts galorer. OG will have his occassional great catch, given a lot of opportunity, most receivers will have atleast 1..Gadsen got good hands...but beyond that..Thompson could have become Fielder Blanket just as much..plus YAC..he's just as strong and faster..better play maker..I like OG, but just want something different..Wanny will not cut him..believe me..IF he does, I'll be in shock.:yell:

Oh yeah, Gasden should put us over the top now...lol We were lucky to get him back since everyone else really wanted him so bad.

Ozzy rules!!

I agree. We should probabaly measure how good a player is solely by how much attention he got in Free Agentcy. Like Sammy Knight.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

It doesn't matter to homers, they've never seen D. Thompson play, so all they know is OG...He did drop a lot of balls last year..one of the reasons his avg was so low..I have it on tape.
I would have loved to keep Baker, or Newson, and if Jackson gets his act together, maybe even him...Just one new speedy person..other than CC and Mcknight, we don't have a lot of speed at WR...If CC and Mcknight go down, Ricky will be facing 8 man fronts galorer. OG will have his occassional great catch, given a lot of opportunity, most receivers will have atleast 1..Gadsen got good hands...but beyond that..Thompson could have become Fielder Blanket just as much..plus YAC..he's just as strong and faster..better play maker..I like OG, but just want something different..Wanny will not cut him..believe me..IF he does, I'll be in shock.:yell:

Tampa's WR core is one of the slowest.
They won the SB last year ;\

Originally posted by Danny
Oh yeah, Gasden should put us over the top now...lol We were lucky to get him back since everyone else really wanted him so bad.

Ozzy rules!!

Could say the same thing about Knight though :D

Re: "jays got his go to man back "

Originally posted by corona683
OG coming back is a GOOD thing for sure, b4 he went out OG and jay were tearing the friggin league up, i will NEVER forget that 1 hand catch OG made against the JETS in game 3... WOW even Chris Berman lost his mind on NFL primetime that wk.

OG isn't Jay's go-to-guy. Chambers is, then McMichael, then Thompson, then Williams/Konrad, then McKnight/Gadsden. They weren't exactly tearing the league up, it was just one catch. Prior to the Bronco game, OG had 11 catches and 0 TDs. Chambers had 23 catches and 2 TDs. McMichael's numbers were also better than OG's before that game. OG had 5 catches in the Denver game, but to me he didn't do a damn thing but 1-3 good catches last year. He isn't even a lock to make this team yet. If Thompson and McKnight beats him out and Tolver looks great in the pre, OG will get axed..

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

Could say the same thing about Knight though :D

You could say it...but it wouldn't be exactly true.

Remember, Sammy Knight confessed that he took less money to join the Dolphins (in his press conference).

And he also had a trip scheduled to Green Bay that he cancelled just before he signed with us...

(On why he cancelled his trip to Green Bay) – “I think the deciding factor was all the things that they were doing down here in Miami and the moves that they’ve been making to win. I thought something special was really going on down here and I wanted to be a part of that. As a little kid, you grow up dreaming about the Super Bowl and all you want is that chance. I felt like this is the place where we had the best chance.â€Â

(On if he took less money to sign with the Dolphins) – “Yesâ€Â
SAMMY KNIGHT

Originally posted by dolphanjo

Jackson is a goner to me, he is 28-years old. It'll be Chambers, Thompson, McKnight, Gadsden, and Tolver. Baker, Newson, and Simmons will battle for 1 or 2 practice squad spots. A guy like Fryzel may be signed on someone else's squad. I think Bellamy will be one of those guys like a Margain Hooks that just works out and signs with us January 2004 and comes into camp again next year. Bellamy doesn't even turn 22 until December(correct me if I am wrong, no source used). So he definately has alot of potential.

Agentcy....:roflmao:.....sorry, Disgustipate....it just struck me funny as he//.....no offense dude.

Originally posted by Den54
The Jags chose Stokes then Hachette over OG.:lol: I just refuse to get excited over this.:rolleyes:

Another team drawn in by Hasn't-done-shette's height and speed while ignoring his complete inability to play the game at the NFL level.

In contrast, all slow-as-molasses Gads does is catch balls for first downs and TDs. If OG was playing at Foxboro last year, Fiedler would have had a go to WR open for the first down to bail out the defense and ST...

Welcome back the good hands man!

Thank heaven Miami will not see Gads in a Pats or Jags uniform looking to prove the Phins wrong.

Originally posted by Dolphan-B

... all slow-as-molasses Gads does is catch balls for first downs and TDs. If OG was playing at Foxboro last year, Fiedler would have had a go to WR open for the first down to bail out the defense and ST...

Whilst I have to agree with you...if Gadsden would have decided to finish the season last year, we would have most likely won that game.

But, I can not ignore the fact that OG is on the decline. He had no redzone receptions. He had no touchdowns. He does not lead our team in 3rd down receptions. And sometimes Fiedler's security blanket becomes a blinder, as in the Denver game when he tried to force the pass to an inside route that had previously connected...but this time he did not see the large Defensive Lineman drop into the zone for the pick.

Gadsden has to start over again and still must prove to me that he can be successful in Norvs offense. But make no mistake, for this offense to function properly ...Chambers must be the go to receiver.

OG has the best hands in the NFL. It should also be noted that OG has the worst feet in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom