JC Jackson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JC Jackson

phinfann13

Active Roster
Reaction score
According to ex-Dolphins beat writer and current Patriots beat writer Ben Volin, there is buzz about Jackson signing in Miami. There's a lot to unpack with that news but it would be hard not to like the idea of it happening.

I think that would have to come with a secondary move immediately and just not sure why Miami would want to do this unless as some have said they trade X for picks and sign Jackson for what X basically would have made. Problem with this is why would team who trades for X not just sign JC?

Ya we've been touching on that in the News thread. I am all for it. Been begging for another corner for months.

Not many signings could have a bigger impact than this kid.

The list of AFC QB's is long and distinguished. This is how you compete with them.

Howard + Jackson + Tua = Mahomes/Allen/Rodgers $$$$

Shut down the field.

only way to make this happen they'd have to trade either Howard or jones. You can't have more than 60mill a year on your top 3 corners so one would have to get traded. I don’t think any of this will happen.

I think that would have to come with a secondary move immediately and just not sure why Miami would want to do this unless as some have said they trade X for picks and sign Jackson for what X basically would have made. Problem with this is why would team who trades for X not just sign JC?

Missing the point.

Its for Jackson and Howard to pair together.

Trading Howard isn't something a team that wants to win a title, does. At this point. He changes the outcomes of games.

If you sign Jackson, it's to have them play together for a little while, not to replace him.

Byron Jones is the one who they (along with myself) want to replace with this signing.

only way to make this happen they'd have to trade either Howard or jones. You can't have more than 60mill a year on your top 3 corners so one would have to get traded. I don’t think any of this will happen.

Yes, you absolutely can, it would be for one year at the most.

Plus there could easily be a market for Jones after the draft.

Keep in mind while you would have two players playing the same position, in theory, these players are tasked with lining up as far away from each other as any two defenders possibly can be.

Your not paying a RG and RT top money to play next to each other.

Locking down an entire section of a the defensive field should be something we are exploring at all costs.

Last edited:
Missing the point.

Its for Jackson and Howard to pair together.

Trading Howard isn't something a team that wants to win a title, does. At this point. He changes the outcomes of games.

If you sign Jackson, it's to have them play together for a little while, not to replace him.

Byron Jones is the one who they (along with myself) want to replace with this signing.
If that works and they can trade Jones great. Just do not think there would be a good enough market to take 6.3 dead money pre-June 1 in such a deal. Those dead dollars could be used to help sign an area of greater need.

Apparently Jones just had surgery on one of his legs. He's posted photos on his Instagram.

There is also some speculation Jones has some trade value, due to his contract having little to nothing left in guaranteed money.

Volin is an excellent reporter, so where there is smoke there is fire.

I'd prefer we kept Jones and traded X. I love X, don't get me wrong. But, his trade value will never be higher than now. Trade him, keep Jones, Iggy, Needham, and get JC. We could have had him for a second round tender LAST year for ~10M/year.

Sign all the corners you can find.

Keep Howard.

Howard and Jackson is all I can think about now.

Jevon Holland would be an absolute superstar. His stats would be GROSS.

Remember the Legion of Boom? This would be sicker, IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom