JC Jackson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JC Jackson

I'd prefer we kept Jones and traded X. I love X, don't get me wrong. But, his trade value will never be higher than now. Trade him, keep Jones, Iggy, Needham, and get JC. We could have had him for a second round tender LAST year for ~10M/year.
I'll never, ever understand this sentiment.

His trade value will never be higher because he's really good. If you want to win football games, you need really good players that play up to their contracts and he does. Mahomes's trade value will never be higher, so they should probably move on too.

only way to make this happen they'd have to trade either Howard or jones. You can't have more than 60mill a year on your top 3 corners so one would have to get traded. I don’t think any of this will happen.
I have seen this heat up as well, and I was hearing Jones has trade value.

If Miami somehow, signs JC Jackson; they certainly have the cap space for the short term. So it's not inconceivable for something like this to happen.

Jackson apparently likes Josh Boyer and I wouldn't discount that, in a potential signing. The zero cover scheme would absolutely transform into something devastating, in keeping QB's like Mahomes and Allen from having a lot of success against Miami.

I'd prefer we kept Jones and traded X. I love X, don't get me wrong. But, his trade value will never be higher than now. Trade him, keep Jones, Iggy, Needham, and get JC. We could have had him for a second round tender LAST year for ~10M/year.

..................no

why are some of you trying to keep our worst 2 corners (Jones and Igby) and trade X?!?!?! Blasphemy!!!!

I just don’t see CB as a big need. I prefer they try to sign 2 starting offensive linemen and a WR in free agency. They can try to upgrade the LB and DE position in the draft and select a RB in the middle rounds of the draft.

Jackson is certainly an excellent player but the Dolphins have too many other needs and spending much of their cap space on another high priced CB just doesn’t make sense to me.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!! You trollin, now!!!

Ya well some people are clueless on the matter.

As if one CB on one side of the field has anything to do with signing a CB for the other side of the field.

It’s somehow rolled into one position, when guys line up 40 yards away from each other?
You’re literally spreading your money across the field and closing options for QBs as you do it.

I had a problem with Byron Jones last year, I’m glad that it sounds like the FO agrees.

Last edited:
Pursuing JC Jackson is just a very smart move.

If you sign him and make Xavien Howard happy then you can trade Bryon Jones that is a win.

If you sign him and can't make Xavien Howard Happy you can trade Xavien which is a win in my book versus having an unhappy player

If by pursuing him you can make Xavien happy for a reasonable sum thus making improving the O line then that is a win too.

It ALMOST makes me think this front office is actually doing their job well!

This will require Howard to get more in his new deal...

Or perhaps that will happen either way.

Can't pay the guy less than JC though, we know how that will play out.

This will require Howard to get more in his new deal...

Or perhaps that will happen either way.

Can't pay the guy less than JC though, we know how that will play out.

I agree with that.

Xavien Howard has earned the right to be the highest paid Miami Dolphin. Even if its just by $1. Some things still matter and respect is one of them.

Back
Top Bottom