Jeff Fisher wants to coach rams, chargers, bucs, colts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Fisher wants to coach rams, chargers, bucs, colts

Im fine with this. Ive already attached myself to the Billick train.

I have from the start. I am just getting a vibe he will not be interviewed.

Peter King says the Billick rumors are true, but I am not seeing it anywhere else.

There is going to be a lot of misinformation over the coming days and weeks. Let's not overreact at every little news blurb.

He has proven plenty, multiple playoff births, two AFC title games, one Super Bowl appearance. His downfall was McNair's health and relying that he would get healthy and back to what he was, and McNair was a Top QB in this league at one point, he could have been a HOF candidate. But Fisher's defense was always a top defense.

With an established quarterback set, I have no doubt he will have that team competing again. He's a very good coach.

i want a coach that wants to be here.

Bingo. Brian Billick WANTS the job. He said he wants the job. You want a big name, Ross? There's a big name who actually wants to come here and be our coach. Fly him in for an interview.

The #1 criteria for the job, beyond perceived competence, ought to be a desire to be the damn coach here. Do we really want another JJ or Saban who is just going to coach here because the owner throws so much money at them that they can't refuse?

I really am warming to Billick, another coach like Fisher and Gruden with a large layer of "fail" between now and his glory days with Baltimore as the HC and before that with the explosive MN offense as their OC. I think that the perspective gained from a broadcasting studio overview would help a smart guy like him not to repeat the same miscues. He actually wants the job, would work well with Nolan and hopefully find an OC who can replicate the early Culpecker Moss years in the Land Of Lakes. I think he'd be more appreciative of the opportunity at long last and unlike be less burned by others' decisions and as a result make less demands for significant control.

The Vikings made the playoffs during six of the seven seasons (1992–1998) that Billick spent with the team, and set several offensive records in the process. In 1998, Minnesota set a then-NFL record for most points scored in a season (556) (which has since been broken by the 2007 Patriots), and set a team record with 41 touchdown passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is just speculation.. Not believing anything until I see an announcement saying X Coach has signed with Y team on nfl.com or ESPN..

I really am warming to Billick, another coach like Fisher and Gruden with a large layer of "fail" between now and his glory days with Baltimore as the HC and before that with the explosive MN offense as their OC. I think that the perspective gained from a broadcasting studio overview would help a smart guy like him not to repeat the same miscues. He actually wants the job, would work well with Nolan and hopefully find an OC who can replicate the early Culpecker Moss years in the Land Of Lakes. I think he'd be more appreciative of the opportunity at long last and unlike be less burned by others' decisions and as a result make less demands for significant control.

One of the things that put me into the Billick camp was his proactive nature in addressing team issues. It was only a few years ago, and the year before he was fired, that he saw his team was having issues on the offensive end. He quickly fired his OC, Jim Fassel, and took over the job of calling plays. With an old Steve McNair, he led the Ravens to a 13-3 record, earned a first round bye and lost in the playoffs to the eventual super bowl champ Colts. He has his faults like any other coach, but he is smart and seems adaptive to change whether it be on the offensive end or defensive end

So much for everyone here who kept saying "but no one can outbid Ross". :lol: Money doesn't matter to these coaches, it's about heart, especially proven ones like Fisher. He's going to be a Ram soon, it doesn't matter if Ross offers 3-4 million more.ut

I said something to the extent that Ross wouldn't be outbid in another thread, so I assume this is directed at me as much as anyone else. From my end, I never said he would end up here or that money was the end all be all. I was just saying Ross will probably throw more coin at the hot coaches than most. I realize that doesn't mean they will land here, just that if they don't it won't be because of money.

One of the things that put me into the Billick camp was his proactive nature in addressing team issues. It was only a few years ago, and the year before he was fired, that he saw his team was having issues on the offensive end. He quickly fired his OC, Jim Fassel, and took over the job of calling plays. With an old Steve McNair, he led the Ravens to a 13-3 record, earned a first round bye and lost in the playoffs to the eventual super bowl champ Colts. He has his faults like any other coach, but he is smart and seems adaptive to change whether it be on the offensive end or defensive end

I like the idea of Billick as well. I hope he at least gets a look.

As I have said from the start, Fisher is not coming to Miami...next.

Let's keep the 3-4 concept anyways. Get an offensive guy or I have to be honest, the more I read about Mike Pettine I like.

yeah . . . why dismantle our defense and neglect the O? thats the opposite of what this team needs. the fisher thing would be the last nail in the coffin proving that ross is all about buzz and not about football.

one thing people need to think about, where these coaches go will impact the draft for instance, Fisher wants a QB in play not find one hence Miami is not on many HC list and that will allow them to trade the #2 pick or draft something else which pushes RG3 down some.

You are 50 years old, why would you come to a **** hole organization that can't find 1 QB in 15 yrs compared to one that has Manning/Luck, Bradford, etc?

one thing people need to think about, where these coaches go will impact the draft for instance, Fisher wants a QB in play not find one hence Miami is not on many HC list and that will allow them to trade the #2 pick or draft something else which pushes RG3 down some.

You are 50 years old, why would you come to a **** hole organization that can't find 1 QB in 15 yrs compared to one that has Manning/Luck, Bradford, etc?

All of the people responsible for finding that elusive QB are no longer here, with the exception of Ireland. Not a fair statement. Miami is STILL one of the all time greatest franchises as far as winning percentage goes. There are only so many NFL head coaching gigs. To me, if you need to go to a place where the pieces are already in place, perhaps you're not that good of a coach. A coach/gm tandem that can draft and develop their own talent, and turn them into perennial playoff contenders are the example of a good coach, and a decent GM.

Sounds to me like Fisher is as overrated and advertised. Doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

I don't take much stock in what the rumors say, last I checked Harbaugh was our head coach right? This is one rumor I hope is true because I want no part of Fischer.

Back
Top Bottom