Jeff Ireland defends Daboll hire, sidesteps question about Ross' desire for explosive | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland defends Daboll hire, sidesteps question about Ross' desire for explosive

Remember when The Owner went ballistic over all those empty orange seats?

Regardless of the relative level of Ross's fandom, Ireland and Sparano best think long and hard before attributing his wishes as being "understandable from an avid fan's viewpoint but father still knows best" or they'll be kicked to the curb faster than you can say "PatWhiteTurnerCarl****ingPeterson."

The tuna really was gone all last year so lets stop blaming him for everything. I blame him for sparano I blame sparano for not making changes last year and still not having the balls to fire henning this offseason.

The Bucs and Ravens championships really are to blame for all of this. Coaches mistakenly think the formula of Great Defense, Good Running Game and conservative offense wins titles.

What they are not taking into consideration is no matter if your Defense is #1 they still can not half compare to how dominant those defenses were. Those teams were the exception not the rule.

Yet certain coaches/regimes bang their heads against the wall trying to replicate it. This will be the bane of Tony S.
Chubbs

Chubbs - that is a lil simplistic great D can score you points and keep others honest..., teams that can score quickly don't always nurse the clock - Good teams have balance - the Jets had great balance but they don't have a good QB thankfully

Ireland "All I can tell you is that when you bring in four or five offensive coordinator types, the guys we brought in,..."

does anyone know who these other people were? it would be pretty enlightening to know what quality of candidates they were able to choose from.

I believe it was Daboll, Childress, Chudzinski, Chris Palmer and John Garrett

Remember when The Owner went ballistic over all those empty orange seats?

Regardless of the relative level of Ross's fandom, Ireland and Sparano best think long and hard before attributing his wishes as being "understandable from an avid fan's viewpoint but father still knows best" or they'll be kicked to the curb faster than you can say "PatWhiteTurnerCarl****ingPeterson."

Your latest picture in your post is funny as hell. :chuckle:

was that rumor?

if not, why wasn't Garrett the right fit over Daboll?

That is the brother of the Garrett you are thinking of. While I agree this offensive shake up and staff does not impress me you can argue the style of football if you wish but the Jets won pretty much with it and with a much less impressive QB than Henne. That slump that Sanchez got into when we played them last was just awful and we would have pulled Henne right away playing that way here. Sanchez would not make it in Miami. Not supporting Henne becuase he has his flaws but in New York they might be toasting him this week instead of Sanchez if he wore Green.

The tuna really was gone all last year so lets stop blaming him for everything. I blame him for sparano I blame sparano for not making changes last year and still not having the balls to fire henning this offseason.

So you are saying Sprano should of fired Henning 2010 mid-season? The TUNA checked out before the season, and the sh*t didn't hit the fan as far as the offense goes until mid-season.

I can agree with both POV's as far as firing Henning mid-season 2010, however I'm now using 20/20 hindsight.

At one time that was a sucessful formula in the NFL but the rules have evolved into favoring pass heavy offenses and have become very unfreindly to defenses in general.

That is a gross oversimplification. Pass happy offenses only succeed when you have an elite QB with an exceptional corp of receivers/TE AND and solid O-line.
The Ravens and Bucs won SB's because they had exceptional/elite defenses.
Hence,the key to winning is solid coaching and solid procurement of talent. There is no magic formula. It's a matter of a good coaching staff putting their talent in a position to win by having said talent playing to their strengths.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a gross oversimplification. Pass happy offenses only succeed when you have an elite QB with an exceptional corp of receivers/TE AND and solid O-line.
The Ravens and Bucs won SB's because they had exceptional/elite defenses.
Hence,the key to winning is solid coaching and solid procurement of talent. There is no magic formula. It's a matter of a good coaching staff putting their talent in a position to win by having said talent playing to their strengths.

I do not disagree with anything you said here. I was only making the point that the rules are skewed in favor of the passing game more so then when either of those teams won the Superbowl.

So you are saying Sprano should of fired Henning 2010 mid-season? The TUNA checked out before the season, and the sh*t didn't hit the fan as far as the offense goes until mid-season.

I can agree with both POV's as far as firing Henning mid-season 2010, however I'm now using 20/20 hindsight.

He absolutely should have. At the very least strip him of his playcalling duties. Why he did neither is beyond absurd, and the choice not to, was a decision that nearly cost him his job.

He absolutely should have. At the very least strip him of his playcalling duties. Why he did neither is beyond absurd, and the choice not to, was a decision that nearly cost him his job.

so true.
the optimist in me hopes it comes from a strong sense of loyalty and he will learn from it.
the pessimist sees that it is a trend and this is the latest example

Back
Top Bottom