Jeff Ireland supporters - how many seasons are you giving him, starting now? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff Ireland supporters - how many seasons are you giving him, starting now?

25 years, give or take a year.

I'll take the 25 years .. if it means Miami has become a consistent playoff contender with a few super bowl appearances in between!!! I know, I know wishful thinking on my part!!! LOL

I support Ireland right now, but that could change quickly depending on who he hires as HC and what direction he takes the draft in April. For him to keep my support next year, we have to do better with our FA signings, we need to draft a QB, and we need to get a HC that's a winner. If he fails at any of those in 2012 he's dunzo.

5 years. Without Parcells in his ear, he will have a bit more breathing space and put his prints over this team. 5 years will be sufficient.

I support Ireland right now, but that could change quickly depending on who he hires as HC and what direction he takes the draft in April. For him to keep my support next year, we have to do better with our FA signings, we need to draft a QB, and we need to get a HC that's a winner. If he fails at any of those in 2012 he's dunzo.

Not sure exactly how much say he has in the Coaching decision?

And although I feel ridiculous for answering this for the? 6th time..... I think we see what this coming off-season brings.

Like it or not, he has delivered some very good talent both via FA (Dansby, Marshall and Bush), the Draft, and even UDFA's in Bess and Cam Wake.

We will have to see what pans out this offseason. IF we are in the playoffs next year, I think he's golden for a few more years.

If we start 0-7 and its a talent issue, writing could well be on the wall.

Like it or not, he has delivered some very good talent both via FA (Dansby, Marshall and Bush), the Draft, and even UDFA's in Bess and Cam Wake.

This I agree with, its the FA signings that really seem to be real head scratchers.

I think he will have a lot of influence over the caching decision, being that Ross wouldn't even know what to look for. I suspect that Ross will probably pick the coach, but Ireland will select the candidates.

Jeff will last until he is replaced by one of the great internet gm's that post here on Finheaven.

Laugh, but the sad truth is not a single finheaven poster could've delivered fewer playoff victories than the real Dolphins GM's have over the past decade.

And just imagine how much better this team would be if in the last ten years we had just drafted whatever the tv was telling us to do instead of Jamar Fletcher, Eddie Moore, etc.

And although I feel ridiculous for answering this for the? 6th time..... I think we see what this coming off-season brings.

We will have to see what pans out this offseason. IF we are in the playoffs next year, I think he's golden for a few more years.

Yep, but Ireland has to step up big to get our future QB whether it be FA or draft. I also will not react to people who poo poo Matt Moore when they were screaming for Orton. Ireland has done a nice job since being in charge and it is definitely why, whether you like it or not, he is still here.

Everyone will only talk about the names who are obvious, but the good gm's make things happen with people who are not so obvious and still find the gems. Its way too early and finheaven is king of the early ejaculation.

And in regards to Bush, not many people were believers in him except for Ireland. Same with Matt Moore; regardless of what you think of Matt Moore's future, he played well for us this year and was a good find that no one saw coming.

I don't count myself as a die hard Ireland supporter by any means. But the man deserves his share of credit for those moves.

i just find the "how many years to win a superbowl" as if its easy for any qualified person to just win superbowls at will.

what year were some ppl born? and what color is the sky in their world?

Back
Top Bottom