Jeff's CFL "fool's gold" free agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jeff's CFL "fool's gold" free agents

Jesus...he has found more CFL talent than anyone else....and we are now bagging on him for that. I am not a huge Ireland fan, but give him credit. He got 1 viable stud and 1 explosive special teamer out of it.

I am no authority - proof is in the pudding - how long is he are you going to live off the Wake signing? No stone unturned? How about work the draft and get some players worth their weight

I'll get him to agree to that when you agree to write in English, and not post 5 posts in a row. Condense it down to ONE long post. Deal?

Also I'm not going to bother debating/discussing *anything* with someone who immediately enters the discussion with a condescending remark and mockingly calling someone "smart guy".

John Chick, I suppose? Nobody took that guy seriously and I remember him being a big time CFL defensive end. Same path as Cameron Wake, as well. Fact of the matter is, you simply had no assurances that Wake would be big in the NFL. The talent gap is SO large that you can't take that to heart. I remember Wake's sack numbers being insane. Like ridiculously insane. But part time pass rusher, undersized, at his mid to late 20s already? Not many teams would go after him unless they were absolutely positively sure. Ireland was.

And you can't casually hand wave the suggestion of Cameron Wake and Marcus Thigpen when you are arguing the same point. We are arguing what is known as a counter point. If you are sitting there telling me that Jeff Ireland can't hang his hat on discovering Cam Wake and recognizing his ability when people question why he spends so much time scouting the CFL, then you simply aren't able to be reasoned with. You're not here to discuss, you're here to preach.

And sorry, this isn't church and you're not speaking with a grain of authority. At this point we can hope that other people will join in and make this thread a worthwhile discussion, but as long as you dominate it by posting 6-7 times a page, I'd wager a guess that it won't be happening.

Back
Top Bottom