Jersey #'s? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jersey #'s?

Who cares if he wears 54 except the fans, I'm sure Zach doesn't, dude is a grown man who has more important things to care about then who wears his number.

Asking permission...what world do you people live in...

This guy makes a pretty good case...

That fan blog still doesn't convince me. I thought Paysinger was issued the number in training camp too? IMO retired numbers should be given to legends. Guys that have Super Bowl rings or outliers like Marino, Tarkenton, Butkus, etc.. Zach is a potential Hall of Famer but there are a lot of Dolphins in the Hall. I think Zach gets put on a pedestal a lot more by the younger fans who had nothing else but Zach and Jason. I get it but I'll never believe his number should be retired over many of the past Dolphin greats that haven't.

It will not surprise if it happens though. The NFL is all about money and putting on a show these days. A Zach Thomas number retirement ceremony would sell a lot of tickets and merchandise. That's why it may happen, not because he deserves it.

Csonka's 39 was "unofficially" retired for decades- until they finally retired it not too long ago. No one wore it.
Zach and JT are in the same category. Don't know if they'll retire them, but maybe someday. But I agree- only retire a legend's number. This might be blasphemous, but I'm not sure Griese's number should be retired.

there are quite a few numbers i'd retire before #54 and they are worn right now with little to no uprage among fans (#57, #66 or #67 come to mind).

Back
Top Bottom