Jests trade for Percy Harvin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests trade for Percy Harvin

How would you like to have been the guy who broke the news to him??

Unlucky boy that got the short straw: "Uh Percy, how would you like to leave the best team in football, with the best fans in football, and pack a bag for the most embarrassing group of misfits in the NFL, who play in front of the toughest fans who boo their own team more than any fans in professional sports??

Percy: "please tell me these headache meds are making me delusional".

Percy Harvin does not give them the help they need in the red zone. He can be explosive but he doesn't fill a need. What he does is eat 11 mil in cap space. Dumb trade but not surprising from Idzik. Acquiring a decent CB would have been a much better trade.

After some digging:
Remember that old expression: "Beware of Greeks Baring Gifts?"

John Schneider's a great GM. (although under Pete's thumb). Considering what they gave up to acquire Harvin from the Vikings, the only reasons I can surmise they'd more or less give such an explosive player away is that because Itzdick is taking incoming fire for setting Rex up to fail, because he's in Schneider's GM tree (I think Izdick's boss's boss was Schneider in that hierarchy), he's helping his old employee out because Harvin has obviously outworn his welcome... or they feel he's just too fragile to build offensive plans around. Either way, if he's healthy and not a head case, he's an explosive game breaker that we now have to face.. and a sweetheart deal for the Jets . For a conditional mid rounder I'd take a chance but it does seem that Harvin has demonstrated some troubling issues going back to high school , not the least of which is a sense of entitlement. Like Mark Schlereth just opined: you don't let a superb talent like that go unless there are red flags.

Harvin's past issues:

as early as high school

Though Percy Harvin received early fame for his talent but Harvin’s career in high school wasn’t without any controversy. He was suspended for his attitude against other players in his junior football season and for his unacceptable behavior. He was suspended for the final two seasons. Besides, Percy Harvin and green Run High School player were actively involved in a fight which severely affect the game and that prompted referees to suspend the game as well as suspend him. He again suspended from competing in VHSL group AAA state indoor track meet at George Mason University on that year which turned into a big shock to his High School team.

http://www.percyharvin.org/

and in college:
Hernandez admitted to failing a drug test at Florida, a problem that cut his draft stock from first-round grade to fourth-round selection by the New England Patriots. Harvin, according to multiple reports, failed a drug test at the NFL Scouting Combine and slipped from a top-10 pick to the latter half of the first round.

Former players, though, contend it was the foundation of Florida’s culture under Meyer. In the season opener against Hawaii, Meyer said a few elite players (including wideout Percy Harvin, linebacker Brandon Spikes and tight end Aaron Hernandez) would miss the game with injuries. According to multiple sources, the three players—all critical factors in Florida’s rise under Meyer—failed drug tests for marijuana and were sitting out as part of standard university punishment.

It was Harvin, more than anyone, who epitomized the climate Meyer created. While former players say Harvin always was treated differently as a member of Meyer’s Circle of Trust, it was the beginning of his sophomore season—after he helped lead the Gators to the 2006 national title—that it became blatant. That's also when it began to contribute negatively toward team chemistry.

During offseason conditioning before the 2007 season, the team was running stadium steps and at one point, Harvin, according to sources, sat down and refused to run. When confronted by strength and conditioning coaches, Harvin—who failed to return calls and texts to his cell phone to comment on this story—said, “This (expletive) ends now.”

“The next day,” a former player said, “we were playing basketball as conditioning.”

It only got worse as Harvin’s career progressed. At one point during the 2008 season, multiple sources confirmed that Harvin, now a prominent member of the Minnesota Vikings, physically attacked wide receivers coach Billy Gonzales, grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground. Harvin had to be pulled off Gonzales by two assistant coaches—but was never disciplined.
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-violation-recruiting-drugs-program-will-musc

Exactly seattle has to pay Wilson soon. Getting more space to do that.

He had three (3) touchdowns called back the other night. The dude is a play-maker that doesn't get traded on the cheap from the super bowl champs for no reason....standing by for "the reason".

I cant blame Seattle for trading for him. After all, he contributed to their Superbowl victory in some pretty big ways(at least for that single game). After all the crap the Dolphins have been through, i think that fact alone justifies that trade. As well, i applaud the fact they didnt hesitate to call it quits and move on when it wasnt working. They are receiving some decent compensation for him.

But man...was this bad for the Jets. Horrible. I love it. As others have stated, the guy has some screws loose. If Larry Fitzgerald were traded, he would immediately add an air of professionalism to even the most dysfunctional locker room. Harvin? Hes going to indulge in the chaos not elevate above it. In all likelihood, Harvin is going to go through the motions for the rest of the season and be cut when a new coach comes in. And the Jets gave up a potential second round pick for that privilege. :lol:

edit:

While the truth may never fully emerge, initial indications suggest that there was stress between Harvin and quarterback Russell Wilson, with Wilson feeling too much pressure to get the ball to Harvin. That pressure surely came from only one person — Percy.

And so instead of keeping around a guy who really didn’t contribute much to the run to the Super Bowl and who potentially would undermine the attempt to get back to the Super Bowl and win it again, the Seahawks cut the cord on Harvin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/17/seahawks-admit-lack-of-fit-with-harvin-move-on/

:sidelol: So the Jets naturally give him to their struggling young quarterback who desperately needs some confidence. I. ****ing. Love. It. :lol:

Trading this time of year after he has shown to be extremely explosive when in their offense sounds like there is a red flag. Concussion still an issue? Bad vibes in the locker room? Positive test for a banned substance or rumors thereof? Questionable domestic behavior?

They knew his cap number. If the Seahawks cut bait at this point in the season it has to be for some other reason. I wonder what it is? I'm also curious how much the Jets paid?

Back
Top Bottom