Jests trade for Percy Harvin | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests trade for Percy Harvin

I said expected to COMPETE for a playoff spot. That was the expectation coming into the season.

Compete or be a playoff team - what's the difference. The only ones who though so were Jets fans. And if you are 1-6 you have more problems than just a couple players. Good teams can overcome a couple bad players. Bad teams can not. You are what you are: a lousy 1-6 team.

I never seen such an arrogant and delusional fan base like the Jets fans. That alone is why I don't mind when the Bills kill you Sunday.
At least when the Patriots suck their fans are gone. I don't think I can recall any Dolphins fan from the 1-15 team or the team which started 0-7 in 2011 say "couple more players and we are a playoff contender".
Heck even at 3-3 people barely let the word "playoff" slip.

Izdik just wasted half of your 20 Mill cap carry-over money. A WR who is, based on production, grossly overpaid and worse, brings nothing but trouble to a team. Hey, it fits: a misfit for a misfit team.

Compete or be a playoff team - what's the difference. The only ones who though so were Jets fans. And if you are 1-6 you have more problems than just a couple players. Good teams can overcome a couple bad players. Bad teams can not. You are what you are: a lousy 1-6 team.

I never seen such an arrogant and delusional fan base like the Jets fans. That alone is why I don't mind when the Bills kill you Sunday.
At least when the Patriots suck their fans are gone. I don't think I can recall any Dolphins fan from the 1-15 team or the team which started 0-7 in 2011 say "couple more players and we are a playoff contender".
Heck even at 3-3 people barely let the word "playoff" slip.

Izdik just wasted half of your 20 Mill cap carry-over money. A WR who is, based on production, grossly overpaid and worse, brings nothing but trouble to a team. Hey, it fits: a misfit for a misfit team.

arrogant and delusional, describes you perfectly.

and the team nearly had a mutiny and went out and got beat by a 1 win team. what is your point? obviously there were reasons why he was available and it is a risk but it's a worthy gamble for a team that lacks playmakers.

Finances is not a problem in this acquisition. The Jets can cut him at the end of the season with no consequences other than losing a 4th-6th round pick. The issue is why would you add a malcontent to a team that isn't going to the playoffs? He is not going to help win additional games that make you a contender. He's not going to sell additional tickets. He doesn't make the Jets that much better overall.

You've added a headache that has refused to play on more than one occasion, has a history of fighting with team mates and you have a QB that is going to struggle getting him the ball which is what sets him off.

Hey Percy's in town, has he decked any of his new teammates, or ****ed any of their wives/girlfriends yet? No, not yet? Give it time....

Finances is not a problem in this acquisition. The Jets can cut him at the end of the season with no consequences other than losing a 4th-6th round pick. The issue is why would you add a malcontent to a team that isn't going to the playoffs? He is not going to help win additional games that make you a contender. He's not going to sell additional tickets. He doesn't make the Jets that much better overall.

You've added a headache that has refused to play on more than one occasion, has a history of fighting with team mates and you have a QB that is going to struggle getting him the ball which is what sets him off.

it's a risk but it's a worthy risk. this season is basically dead. he basically gets a tryout for the rest of the year, if he is trouble we release him w/ no guaranteed money left on his deal. if he realizes he is running out of chances and plays hard and is a decent teammate he could be here for years to come and obviously we need playmakers in the worst way. I am not saying he will be great for us but it was a gamble worth taking.

it's a risk but it's a worthy risk. this season is basically dead. he basically gets a tryout for the rest of the year, if he is trouble we release him w/ no guaranteed money left on his deal. if he realizes he is running out of chances and plays hard and is a decent teammate he could be here for years to come and obviously we need playmakers in the worst way. I am not saying he will be great for us but it was a gamble worth taking.

If Miami traded for him instead I'd be interested to see your opinions then. Your judgement is always so clouded when it comes to your team and their personnel moves.

If Miami traded for him instead I'd be interested to see your opinions then. Your judgement is always so clouded when it comes to your team and their personnel moves.

The sad thing is you believe that, I have a million posts on this site showing my objectivity and you think I judge based on which team acquires a player? It's comical some of the stuff you guys try to bash me with.

I give honest, informed opinions. If Miami acquired him I'd say the exact same thing. I have not said this was the greatest trade ever but where is the downside? we could lose a 4th rd pick if we cut him, I think the reward outweighs the risk in this situation but we will see. I don't know how he will play here, I don't know how he will behave here but it's a worthy risk.

Not defending that thought process but this is a situation that is different from Miami. The Jets have no real play makers on offense, their season is essentially over, and they are playing for a draft pick and pride. I question it based solely on his inability to get along with team mates and his refusing to play. If someone refused to play for me then he gets cut immediately. It will be interesting to see how Rex handles this if it comes up.

The Dolphins have a shot at the playoffs, had bad apples in the locker room last year and have play makers on offense. He would be a great addition talent wise but he is not worth the trouble.

Please dont be an average fan and believe everthing you read. Dont let the media think for you!

Please dont be an average fan and believe everthing you read. Dont let the media think for you!

Is it my imagination or is he following you around Ben? Hopefully he's just a fan (which it's nice to have) and not a stalker.

Vaark

I've been wondering that same thing for awhile :err: notice our join dates are the same :chuckle:

The jets are at the bottom so he's not as active as his usual self :hi5:

Too much fun.

Back
Top Bottom