Jests trade for Percy Harvin | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests trade for Percy Harvin

harvin would have to be pretty stupid to do this. right now he has a 10mil/year contract, yet he just found out he is only worth a conditional 6th round pick. unless you are a complete idiot that has to be a little humbling. if harvin decides to be a problem child the rest of the year here he will be cut and would be lucky to see any team want to give him much money, if even a contract at all.

Rex doesnt cut problem children...

Anyone want to wager when Harvin has his next headache :brewskis:

I've read that the reason the Jets made this trade was that their salary cap spending is actually so low right now that they want to hit the floor for the four year moving average. Anyone know if there's truth to that?

Because if there is truth to that, it's pretty pitiful and Idzik needs to be fired ASAP.

I think either Rex or Idzik are done after this season. The GM is obviously undermining the coach. That can't be sustained.

I'm still not convinced though signs certainly could lead you to believe it. My thoughts are that Woody likes Rex and if he has to fire 1 it may be Idzik that is shown the door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I've read that the reason the Jets made this trade was that their salary cap spending is actually so low right now that they want to hit the floor for the four year moving average. Anyone know if there's truth to that?

Because if there is truth to that, it's pretty pitiful and Idzik needs to be fired ASAP.

If there is any truth to this then that provides more reason to think Rex may be back if he gets them to 6-2 the rest of the way.

I'm still not convinced though signs certainly could lead you to believe it. My thoughts are that Woody likes Rex and if he has to fire 1 it may be Idzik that is shown the door.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

If there is any truth to this then that provides more reason to think Rex may be back if he gets them to 6-2 the rest of the way.

6-2? The odds are better that they'll finish 2-6.

The guy is a locker room cancer and his last somewhat productive season was in 2011 with 6 TDs.

This trade is nothing but a cop-out trade for Izdik and to make the fan base happy. Now they can believe in the playoffs again. :lol:

The Jet fans and media are jerking each other off over Percy Harvin like they just got Jerry Rice. The one idiot morning show host on WFAN thinks they can run the table and make the playoffs now. You can't make it up....

The guy is a locker room cancer and his last somewhat productive season was in 2011 with 6 TDs.

This trade is nothing but a cop-out trade for Izdik and to make the fan base happy. Now they can believe in the playoffs again. :lol:

he was such a cancer Marshawn Lynch almost didn't board the plane and there was a near mutiny in Seattle w/ players being upset.

smart fans realize Idzik wasn't building for 2014.

the team was expected to compete for a playoff spot, we had some bad luck at corner which has killed us but we have a ton of cap room to re-sign Wilkerson and attract talent. he wisely wasn't going to overpay for a Rodgers-Cromartie just b/c we needed corner help this year. he pays when he thinks the talent is worth otherwise he tries to get guys on 1 year deals.

the team was expected to compete for a playoff spot, we had some bad luck at corner which has killed us but we have a ton of cap room to re-sign Wilkerson and attract talent. he wisely wasn't going to overpay for a Rodgers-Cromartie just b/c we needed corner help this year. he pays when he thinks the talent is worth otherwise he tries to get guys on 1 year deals.

When and where did someone, besides you or other Jets fans, say the Jets were suppose to be a playoff team?

How about building thru the draft? How are his draft picks working out for you guys?

How about building thru the draft? How are his draft picks working out for you guys?

some good, some bad.

My bad. I will correct it my statemment.

When and where did anyone say, other than you or any other Jets fans, the Jets to would compete for a playoff spot?

many people did. here are a couple:

http://nflspinzone.com/2014/08/20/bold-predictions-picking-2014-afc-playoff-teams/
http://www.si.com/2014/08/25/cover-two-surprise-playoff-teams-bears-jets-ravens

Back
Top Bottom