Jests trade for Percy Harvin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jests trade for Percy Harvin

ebuqera9-1.jpg

The Jets are fast becoming the East coast version of the Raiders except the Raider have a better QB.

Percy + Geno + Vick + Rex

What could possibly go wrong :idk:

Then what does that make you?

Jets lack so much talent on offense it's scary. Decker is a legit receiver who can create separation and get open, Ivory is a good running back, Amaro is a young talented tight end and Kerley is a decent slot receiver who you could take or leave. That's all they had. That will not cut it in todays NFL. Harvin gives this a team an explosive weapon.

Their season is over, but adding Harvin gives them a better chance of evaluating Geno Smith down the stretch with more weapons to throw to. They can also see if Harvin can be apart of their future as well.

From a personnel standpoint you can't bash this trade. The Jets got a good player while having to give up very little in return. Idzik keeps his cards close to his chest so it's hard to get a real idea of what he's thinking anyway

for a conditional 4th round pick you wish the dolphins had taken the chance on it. worst case scenario is he is released and it cost us a 4th round pick. not that I'd be happy about losing the pick but the trade has so much upside its worth the risk, as best case scenario is that he is an explosive play-maker for the jets and idzik restructures his deal to be much more cap friendly. the jets have tons and tons of cap space to maneuver this one.

Figures this is the statement you make. You may not have been talking to me but I wouldn't have wanted a trade for Harvin. The Dolphins don't need to trade for a guy like him anyway and if they did his baggage is too much to handle. If he can't cut it in Seattle, on a team that's a winner and has a great chance to do similar things as they did last year, how is he going to survive on mediocre teams like Miami and the Jets?

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Jets lack so much talent on offense it's scary. Decker is a legit receiver who can create separation and get open, Ivory is a good running back, Amaro is a young talented tight end and Kerley is a decent slot receiver who you could take or leave. That's all they had. That will not cut it in todays NFL. Harvin gives this a team an explosive weapon.

Their season is over, but adding Harvin gives them a better chance of evaluating Geno Smith down the stretch with more weapons to throw to. They can also see if Harvin can be apart of their future as well.

From a personnel standpoint you can't bash this trade. The Jets got a good player while having to give up very little in return. Idzik keeps his cards close to his chest so it's hard to get a real idea of what he's thinking anyway

Why did the Jets get a good player while giving up little in return? You know exactly why.

Agreed, i too would be scared about the direction of my team if we only had a possession receiver, a journeymen running back, and a headcase for weapons.

Nothing in Percy Harvin's career suggests he is anything but a nutjob. He got in trouble in high school. He got in trouble in college. He got in trouble with 2 different franchises. And suddenly hes going to turn it around for a reeling team wrapped with uncertainty and issues? Yeah, smart money says you pissed away a draft pick for absolutely no reason. Had you guys simply decided not to draft a player in next years 4th round, the net result would be the same. Actually it might even be worse than that: the guy could help divide your locker room.

Which isnt a criticism, i love it. By all means, please continue. I sincerely wish you guys would use every single draft pick this way. Greg Hardy could probably be had for a conditional draft pick, i strongly recommend you look into him. And Ray Rice could be had for no draft picks, you cant pass that up.

Worst case scenario is that they keep harvin, they lose a 2nd, harvin doesn't renegotiate, they have him on the books for ten million a year and he misses significant time due to injury. I'm not even getting into possible locker room issues either

Not a far fetched scenario by any stretch of the imagination.

where do you come up with the jets losing a 2nd round pick? the deal is for a 6th round pick that could become a 4th round pick. this deal is low risk, very high upside for the jets. its completely possible that it doesn't work out, they release him and only give up a 6th round pick. I'm pretty sure the jets aren't in for any guaranteed money here so it really doesn't do much to their cap space if this happens.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Agreed, i too would be scared about the direction of my team if we only had a possession receiver, a journeymen running back, and a headcase for weapons.

Nothing in Percy Harvin's career suggests he is anything but a nutjob. He got in trouble in high school. He got in trouble in college. He got in trouble with 2 different franchises. And suddenly hes going to turn it around for a reeling team wrapped with uncertainty and issues? Yeah, smart money says you pissed away a draft pick for absolutely no reason. Had you guys simply decided not to draft a player in next years 3rd or 4th round, the net result would be the same. Actually it might even be worse than that: the guy could help divide your locker room.

Which isnt a criticism, i love it. By all means, please continue. I sincerely wish you guys would use every single draft pick this way. Greg Hardy could probably be had for a conditional draft pick, i strongly suggest you look into him. And Ray Rice could be had for no draft picks, you cant pass that up.

you guy shave misinformation from somewhere. this deal is for a 6th round pick that could, at best, become a 4th round pick.

oh and btw the dolphins aren't too much better

you guy shave misinformation from somewhere. this deal is for a 6th round pick that could, at best, become a 4th round pick.

oh and btw the dolphins aren't too much better

Virtually everyone reported it as a 2nd to 4th for over 24 hours. They only revealed it to be a 4th to 6th this afternoon. Whoops, you totally pulled a fast one on everyone, great job. And if your going to hang your hat on what are essential mistypes, you probably should probably clean up the first sentence of your post, because i dont know what the **** you were trying to say.

But your point is well made: absolutely idiotic and self-destructive trade isnt quite as idiotic and self-destructive as it potentially could have been. Congratulations.

Virtually everyone reported it as a 2nd to 4th for over 24 hours. They only revealed it to be a 4th to 6th this afternoon. Whoops, you totally pulled a fast one on everyone, great job. And if your going to hang your hat on what are essential mistypes, you probably should probably clean up the first sentence of your post, because i dont know what the **** you were trying to say.

But your point is well made: absolutely idiotic and self-destructive trade isnt quite as idiotic and self-destructive as it potentially could have been. Congratulations.

there is nothing idiotic or self destructive about taking a flier on a huge upside player for a lowly 6th round pick. the only thing idiotic is letting your jealousy convince you to try to spin it that way

there is nothing idiotic or self destructive about taking a flier on a huge upside player for a lowly 6th round pick. the only thing idiotic is letting your jealousy convince you to try to spin it that way

Losing a draft pick isn't what could make it a disaster. Like I said, keeping him on a big contract, thinking the receiver position is set thereby passing on potentially better players and than watching him sit and miss significant time due to injury is what could make it a disaster. It isn't a low risk move especially if harvin doesn't renegotiate. He's an injury waiting to happen and a malcontent. If you get him to renegotiate an extremely team friendly contract than its a good risk for the jets to take but if you have a player like him signed to 10 million a year it becomes risky. I'm not sure what the jets are gonna learn the next 9 games from him. They know he's a dynamic player when on the field but has issues. I don't know what can change over the next few months. Let's see what happens after the season

Would you say my "jealousy" is giving me a black eye...

Curiously, this story didn't break until Friday, but several media outlets reported that Harvin had an altercation with fellow receiver Golden Tate leading up to the Super Bowl last February. Tate ended up with a black eye.

...or just a more general wounding...

In the preseason, Harvin and teammate Doug Baldwin were involved in a scuffle that resulted in a gash on Baldwin's chin, the Times reported. Both players were excused from practice that week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/je...-list-of-troubles-from-high-school-to-seattle

...to my reputation?

And as i stated before: by all means, please continue making deals like this. Please. Im on my hands and knees pleading for it to continue.

Why did the Jets get a good player while giving up little in return? You know exactly why.

And if it doesnt workout it doesnt workout. You can't deny the guys talent. He's a playmaker. The Jets need playmakers in the worst way. The Jets need guys that can just get open in the worst way. He fills both of those needs, the last one being a basic necessity. I'm ok with taking this chance. We have so much cap room we can afford the hit. If it doesnt work the Jets can move on.

Nothing in Percy Harvin's career suggests he is anything but a nutjob. He got in trouble in high school. He got in trouble in college. He got in trouble with 2 different franchises. And suddenly hes going to turn it around for a reeling team wrapped with uncertainty and issues? Yeah, smart money says you pissed away a draft pick for absolutely no reason. Had you guys simply decided not to draft a player in next years 4th round, the net result would be the same. Actually it might even be worse than that: the guy could help divide your locker room.

Which isnt a criticism, i love it. By all means, please continue. I sincerely wish you guys would use every single draft pick this way. Greg Hardy could probably be had for a conditional draft pick, i strongly recommend you look into him. And Ray Rice could be had for no draft picks, you cant pass that up.

Welp, your guys drafting and overall performance isnt much better. In fact results wise it's worse. So I guess you feel my pain. You've had your fair share of nut jobs in Incognito and or Martin (depending on who you side with), and Marshall as well. And calling Ivory a journeyman RB is wrong. That was a great trade by Idzik. The guy is a beast. But anyway, back to Harvin.

All that matters on the field is talent. I don't care what he did in HS. Means nothing. Plenty of guys get drafted with checkered pasts. If Harvin produces nobody is going to care. When Santonio produced in 2010 and the Jets won nobody cared about his attitude. This puts the Jets in a better position to evaluate Geno in what is going to be a lost year.

Saying we just "pissed away a draft pick" which could be either a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder just goes to show that your severely underrating Percy's talent as a player. Your clinging to things like "he's a nut job" while not once even mentioning what he can do on the field. I'm assuming when Miami traded for Marshall you were just calling him a nut case while overlooking the clear talent that he is?

If it doesn work out it doesnt work out. But I like that the Jets are trying to take a chance on a player of his caliber.

Saying we just "pissed away a draft pick" which could be either a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder just goes to show that your severely underrating Percy's talent as a player. Your clinging to things like "he's a nut job" while not once even mentioning what he can do on the field. I'm assuming when Miami traded for Marshall you were just calling him a nut case while overlooking the clear talent that he is?

Horrible comparison with Marshall. Especially considering he had his two worst seasons with us and he was traded away 2 years later for less than we got him for because well... he's a nut case.

Horrible comparison with Marshall. Especially considering we traded away 2 years later for less than we got him for because well... he's a nut case.

I'm comparing the fans thoughts on the player when he was acquired. He seems to be doing fine in Chicago now. I bet they probably feel different about Marshall then you guys do.

Sometimes players get in a better situation for themselves and things work out. Not saying thats going to work out with Harvin. The Jets are very inept offensively and have been for a long time. But it's a good risk to take IMO considering the cap space we have.

Welp, your guys drafting and overall performance isnt much better. In fact results wise it's worse. So I guess you feel my pain. You've had your fair share of nut jobs in Incognito and or Martin (depending on who you side with), and Marshall as well. And calling Ivory a journeyman RB is wrong. That was a great trade by Idzik. The guy is a beast. But anyway, back to Harvin.

All that matters on the field is talent. I don't care what he did in HS. Means nothing. Plenty of guys get drafted with checkered pasts. If Harvin produces nobody is going to care. When Santonio produced in 2010 and the Jets won nobody cared about his attitude. This puts the Jets in a better position to evaluate Geno in what is going to be a lost year.

If it doesn work out it doesnt work out. But I like that the Jets are trying to take a chance on a player of his caliber.

Yup, and it helped derail our season. So remind me how low risk this Percy Harvin trade is?

And your right, i didnt mention his talent. Why? Because what people do off the field directly effects how often they get to step onto the field. Case in point, you mentioned Santonio Holmes. He did quite well in 2010...but what happened after that? What was the end result of that trade? He just turned 30, still in his prime(admittedly the back end of his prime), so where is he? Why did you need to trade for Harvin in the first place?

Past behavior is often indicative of future behavior. Some players, like Brandon Marshall, have done bad things but sincerely attempt to make amends and move forward(and to answer your question, i was in favor of Marshall and did ignore his violent behavior. Then again, that defense is hardly relevant as Roger Goodell was still 3 years away from being publicly eviscerated and athletes who commit violent acts got contract extensions, not suspensions). He succeeded, probably because he recognized the problems and worked to fix them. Harvin? He just keeps doing whatever the **** he wants. High-school, Florida, Vikings, Seahawks. Every single place hes been: same story. Sometimes, people are just scumbags(yes, Richie falls into this category).

Speaking of violent acts, i hope Rex Ryan's quickness has improved since hes lost weight:

Harvin also had disputes with Frazier's predecessor, Brad Childress. One such altercation occurred in 2010, when Childress questioned Harvin's effort in practice. Harvin, limping with an apparent ankle injury, took exception, and the two had to be separated by players and coaches, according to reports. Another time, they got into a shouting match in the weight room, which included Harvin throwing a weight at Childress. It put a hole in the wall.

What a steal.

Back
Top Bottom