Jets Cheating too? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Cheating too?

We basically spent a 2nd rd pick. We SWAPPED 1st round picks and we gave away 3 backup players w/ no future on the team. We essentially gave up a 2nd rd pick to get a top 5 pick and a franchise QB. I know it's not quite like giivng up 2 1st rounders for Ricky or 2nd rounders for Daunte, feely and Green but I think it was a good deal.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Well I guess that's a consolation considering by my count, at this point in time Taco would be the backup on between 18-22 other teams

you have to understand that many jets fans are complete blind homers when it comes to Sanchez. to them, he can do no wrong so they have to blame everything and everyone else. They blame the OC, the line, the receivers but nary a word against their beloved quarterback. They will deflect any criticizm that goes Sanchez's way.

Its a type of denial. Hard to blame them though. Have you seen what they have put behind center for 40 years. When Richard Todd is one of your better qbs you can kinda understand why they desperately cling to any notion that they have a franchise qb no matter how badly he looks

In his 3 years in the Big Leagues, Dirty Snatcho has been ranked:
2011-18th
2010-27th
2009-28th

ALL this from a run-first offense and very good receivers.

He has completed 53% of his passes at a whopping 6.5 yard per completion.
He has a 37 Td's against 38 INT's which equates into a 3.5 TD% and 3.6 INT%

EVERYBODY but a Jest homer knows that he is an absolute crap QB. They laugh at the entire notion of him being a good QB here in Cowgirl Country, but somehow, the Jests think its good they gave up a 1st and 2nd round draft for him.

This in a nutshell is Jest Myopia.

Here's the thing. All fun jets bashing aside, if they tried to trade him tomorrow what would they realistically get? A 4th a 5th? And even more telling is I am really hard pressed to think of one team who would trade for him to be their starting qb. I mean seriously what team would. Maybe Denver or Seattle but this list doesn't go much further than that

Here's the thing. All fun jets bashing aside, if they tried to trade him tomorrow what would they realistically get? A 4th a 5th? And even more telling is I am really hard pressed to think of one team who would trade for him to be their starting qb. I mean seriously what team would. Maybe Denver or Seattle but this list doesn't go much further than that

Nope, not Denver. They are in sink or swim era right now.

Nope, I can't think of a single team that would trade for him as a starter either. How much can you get for a backup QB with the numbers I posted? Those are directly from NFL.com btw

Nope, not Denver. They are in sink or swim era right now.

Nope, I can't think of a single team that would trade for him as a starter either. How much can you get for a backup QB with the numbers I posted? Those are directly from NFL.com btw

Teams I have Taco starting on are: Seattle, maybe AZ the way Kolb is going, probably us, possibly Jacksonville, Indiana as a stopgap, Denver, probably Washington, ... prior to this season I'd likely have included KC and SF but not now.

That's about it. I do think he'd be worth a 3rd though as good insurance if your main guy goes down.

Lets not forget that Belichek was once a part of the New York Jets organization....

Until you have Colombo at RT Carey at RG and Incognito at LG you don't know what a bad OL is.

again, 4.0 YPC compared to 3.3 and we have better RBs.

you have to understand that many jets fans are complete blind homers when it comes to Sanchez. to them, he can do no wrong so they have to blame everything and everyone else. They blame the OC, the line, the receivers but nary a word against their beloved quarterback. They will deflect any criticizm that goes Sanchez's way.

Its a type of denial. Hard to blame them though. Have you seen what they have put behind center for 40 years. When Richard Todd is one of your better qbs you can kinda understand why they desperately cling to any notion that they have a franchise qb no matter how badly he looks

yeah we are the blind homers that's why eahc of the last 3 offseasons I have heard how much better Miami would be than the Jets, how good Sparano was(going itno '09 & '10), how good henne would be(last 2 years), how great your D is, how great Marshall and the WRs are, how great Polite is at FB(we had him in yesterday for a look by the way),... but I'm the blind homer for calling Sanchez a good QB, b/c as we know bad QBs tend to help their teams get to title games every year.

You are talking QBs? Seriously? It's been a long time since you had marino.

I wonder what Jet fans would be saying right now if Henne was their QB? :chuckle:

We'd be on a new coach having missed the playoffs the last 2 years.

The Dolphins traded a 5th for Green.

My mistake, all your brutal trades and 2nd rd picks kind of blend together.

Well I guess that's a consolation considering by my count, at this point in time Taco would be the backup on between 18-22 other teams

Knowing the way you evaluate talent I'm not worried about what you think. You are the same person that told me Sparano was better than rex and Rex would suck b/c his Dad never won a playoff game.

In his 3 years in the Big Leagues, Dirty Snatcho has been ranked:
2011-18th
2010-27th
2009-28th

ALL this from a run-first offense and very good receivers.

He has completed 53% of his passes at a whopping 6.5 yard per completion.
He has a 37 Td's against 38 INT's which equates into a 3.5 TD% and 3.6 INT%

EVERYBODY but a Jest homer knows that he is an absolute crap QB. They laugh at the entire notion of him being a good QB here in Cowgirl Country, but somehow, the Jests think its good they gave up a 1st and 2nd round draft for him.

This in a nutshell is Jest Myopia.

what rankings are these? and who cares about rankinga anyway, he was a key to our 11 win team that went to the title game a year ago. He was much better than hsi #s but the average fan who doesn't understand the game only looks at #s.

It wouldn't happen so it's silly to even bring it up.

teams that would want mark to start:

Jax
Miami
Cincy
Cle
Indy
Den
Was
Min
SF
Sea
Ari
Oak

Others have young QBs or vets they like, there are better #s guys who melt under big game pressure which Mark does not. The average fan evaluates based on fantasy #s.

again, 4.0 YPC compared to 3.3 and we have better RBs.

yeah we are the blind homers that's why eahc of the last 3 offseasons I have heard how much better Miami would be than the Jets, how good Sparano was(going itno '09 & '10), how good henne would be(last 2 years), how great your D is, how great Marshall and the WRs are, how great Polite is at FB(we had him in yesterday for a look by the way),... but I'm the blind homer for calling Sanchez a good QB, b/c as we know bad QBs tend to help their teams get to title games every year.

You are talking QBs? Seriously? It's been a long time since you had marino.

We'd be on a new coach having missed the playoffs the last 2 years.

My mistake, all your brutal trades and 2nd rd picks kind of blend together.

Knowing the way you evaluate talent I'm not worried about what you think. You are the same person that told me Sparano was better than rex and Rex would suck b/c his Dad never won a playoff game.

what rankings are these? and who cares about rankinga anyway, he was a key to our 11 win team that went to the title game a year ago. He was much better than hsi #s but the average fan who doesn't understand the game only looks at #s.

It wouldn't happen so it's silly to even bring it up.

teams that would want mark to start:

Jax
Miami
Cincy
Cle
Indy
Den
Was
Min
SF
Sea
Ari
Oak

Others have young QBs or vets they like, there are better #s guys who melt under big game pressure which Mark does not. The average fan evaluates based on fantasy #s.

More recently I'm also the same person who laughed at you when you were raving about Mason as a high potential jest weapon... and calling you a blind homer. 7th rounder?? LMAO

As far as your delusion
dream on if you really think that Cinci, Cleveland, SF or Oakland would insert plateauing Sanchez to start over how their own high potential and upside QBs are performing this year. (yes I said "Alex Smith LMAO). Indy would definitely start Sanchez and then try to flip him for the 4th they paid, as soon as Peyton's back. The other ones I agreed with you on. Again, my read is there are over 20 teams, possibly 26 where Taco would be the backup.

edit: oh I also am the one who told you that Sanchez would conform with the rule that USC QBs suck in the NFL , not the Palmer exception...and still stand by that. Hopefully Barkley will help move the curve that Taco is helping to cement.

Last edited by a moderator:

These are directly from
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING

B
ut of course, I am sure your nyopic trained eye is MUCH more accurate than the NFL itself.

You dont even want to see the ESPN ranking where they have added more value to games won against teams with winning records, and pointes lost due to pure suckyness. Their rankings have him very steady under 30th overall......

I honestly have to ask you this juncy, Do you actually believe some of this drivel you type? You're "trained NFL eye" sees much more than everybody else?

Its almost like reading the funny papers sometimes. I have a feeling you go after some of this stuff for shock value only and nothing else....or else, you are really, just that nyopic

More recently I'm also the same person who laughed at you when you were raving about Mason as a high potential jest weapon... and calling you a blind homer. 7th rounder?? LMAO

As far as your delusion
dream on if you really think that Cinci, Cleveland, SF or Oakland would insert plateauing Sanchez to start over how their own high potential and upside QBs are performing this year. (yes I said "Alex Smith LMAO). Indy would definitely start Sanchez and then try to flip him for the 4th they paid, as soon as Peyton's back. The other ones I agreed with you on. Again, my read is there are over 20 teams, possibly 26 where Taco would be the backup.

edit: oh I also am the one who told you that Sanchez would conform with the rule that USC QBs suck in the NFL , not the Palmer exception...and still stand by that. Hopefully Barkley will help move the curve that Taco is helping to cement.

What did I say about Mason? I said I thought he could come in and do what Cotch did. I also said it would take time for him and Burress to get comfortable in this offseason, his whining got him shipped out and he never ahd that time. Let's not re-write history and pretend like I called Mason jerry Rice or something.

Sanchez has been good so you were wrong about that, you said we wouldn't be able to win w/ him nb/c other USC QBs didn't win- we made back to back title games.

You also said Bart Scott would be a bust b/c of former Raven LBs, how did that work out?

I don't know if you really don't have a clue about this game or if it's just your irrational bias against the Jets but either way you look silly when you make proclamations about my team.

These are directly from
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2011&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING

B
ut of course, I am sure your nyopic trained eye is MUCH more accurate than the NFL itself.

You dont even want to see the ESPN ranking where they have added more value to games won against teams with winning records, and pointes lost due to pure suckyness. Their rankings have him very steady under 30th overall......

I honestly have to ask you this juncy, Do you actually believe some of this drivel you type? You're "trained NFL eye" sees much more than everybody else?

Its almost like reading the funny papers sometimes. I have a feeling you go after some of this stuff for shock value only and nothing else....or else, you are really, just that nyopic

Ok, so it's based on rating. Like I said, typicl fans looking at fantasy #s. sanchez has a better rating this year but he's not close to as good as he was a year ago. matt Cassell was the 8th best QB last year? really?

I see more than the average fan which uses places like espn and stats to judge players. To me it's not about the cumulative #s, it's about when those #s are being accumulated. Is a guy putting up great #s early then fading in big moments? is a guy struggling early but putting up great #s in garbage time when games are out of hand? You don't win 4 playoff games, 4 ROAD playoff games w/o quality QB play. You don't get to back to back title games w/o quality QB play, you don't outplay Tom Brady in the div rd on the road w/o quality QB play.

sanchez has his flaws w/o a doubt but he was much better than his fantasy #s showed last year. he has struggled so far this year, not taking that expected next step but it's a long season. he'll be fine.

Ok, so it's based on rating. Like I said, typicl fans looking at fantasy #s. sanchez has a better rating this year but he's not close to as good as he was a year ago. matt Cassell was the 8th best QB last year? really?

I see more than the average fan which uses places like espn and stats to judge players. To me it's not about the cumulative #s, it's about when those #s are being accumulated. Is a guy putting up great #s early then fading in big moments? is a guy struggling early but putting up great #s in garbage time when games are out of hand? You don't win 4 playoff games, 4 ROAD playoff games w/o quality QB play. You don't get to back to back title games w/o quality QB play, you don't outplay Tom Brady in the div rd on the road w/o quality QB play.

sanchez has his flaws w/o a doubt but he was much better than his fantasy #s showed last year. he has struggled so far this year, not taking that expected next step but it's a long season. he'll be fine.

You are definately believing and indeed blind. Sanchez is NOT a good QB. He has a GREAT supporting cast, and he is not holding up his end of the bargain.

You keep talking about how great he did to get you to the post season, he didnt, the rest of the team did, coupled with some incredible luck. That luck will fade and so will your success because, Sanchez is NOT a good QB. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

If you take off the blinders, and actually study the NFL.com QB rankings, that list is pretty damn accurate. Perhaps Cassell doesnt belong, but he was solid more often than not last year. Perhaps he is the one hiccupp, and he is 11th instead of 8th.

Regardless, Snatcho is constantly ranked at the very bottom. Your homerism wants to call it something else because of "You're Trained Eye". How many games of Cassell did you watch last year? Seriously? You primarily watch one team, and that skewes your objectivity.

What did I say about Mason? I said I thought he could come in and do what Cotch did. I also said it would take time for him and Burress to get comfortable in this offseason, his whining got him shipped out and he never ahd that time. Let's not re-write history and pretend like I called Mason jerry Rice or something.

Sanchez has been good so you were wrong about that, you said we wouldn't be able to win w/ him nb/c other USC QBs didn't win- we made back to back title games.

You also said Bart Scott would be a bust b/c of former Raven LBs, how did that work out?

I don't know if you really don't have a clue about this game or if it's just your irrational bias against the Jets but either way you look silly when you make proclamations about my team.

Say what you will, but when it comes to pronouncements about your team, it's not mine that comes off as the silliest.

a11z12-1.jpg

Say what you will, but when it comes to pronouncements about your team, it's not mine that comes off as the silliest.

a11z12-1.jpg

I've finally figured it out Vaark.

The rest of the entire world is wrong and Juncy is right. No more to say here, we just need to sit and listen cause he is right, and everybody else is terribly wrong...cause nobody else has "A trained eye".

Back
Top Bottom