Jets Cheating too? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Cheating too?

Miami was almost always a team that had to be considered when the season started in the 80s and 90s a possible SB team.

Miami came very close to winning against the Redskins, the team Miami played in 84 was one of the most talented offensive and defensive teams ever to play the game in that 1984 49ers team.... Miami plays any other team that year, they win a SB. In 83, they did not get any further because a Rookie QB (Granted, an Elite Rookie QB) made some young mistakes in the playoffs and in 1985, Miami came very close to going down and giving the Bears a rematch of the humiliation they gave them during the season. Unlike the Jets in any era, the Dolphins were very relivent in the 70s, 80s, and 90s.

Miami was a SB contender through about '85(though they were thrashed at home in the '85 title game). Since '85 they have contended maybe 2 or 3 times('90, '92, '94) and that was more b/c the AFC stunk.

Spin spin spin.

We ALL know how 2 victories were handed to you 2 years ago, and last year, the Detroit, Donkey and Cleveland games were lost by those teams and NOT won by the Jests. To say otherwise is ludicrous and void of football insight.

These things happen to teams that are in the right place at the right time, its obviously not the Jests fault W's ended up gift wrapped and in their laps, just dont mistake them for what they were....as was the Romo meltdown this year for that matter

yes, we were handed 2 wins and other teams lost games last year rather than us winning so I guess oak, Bal and NE are lucky and we are losing games rather than them winning?

Sometimes the stars align for even the worst franchises. Heck I remember Detroit making the NFC title game with Wayne Fontes as their coach. They werent any good or contenders but everything just fell in place for them that year. Considering how bad the jets history has been i guess they were due for a historically lucky couple of years.

The jets never were contenders and are average at best this year. LIke I said, since 69 i can only recall one year that they were a super bowl contender.

As a matter of fact, prior to 2003 season, the Dolphins were STILL the winningest franchise in American Pro Sports percentage wise.

Unfortunately, we won't ever get near there again

BTW: What does ANY of this have to do with the fact the Jests cheated....again???

MODS!!!!!!!!

win % is nice but they only have one more SB than the lowly Jets.

I didn't change the topic, the cheating nonsense was put to bed already on the first page.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Sometimes the stars align for even the worst franchises. Heck I remember Detroit making the NFC title game with Wayne Fontes as their coach. They werent any good or contenders but everything just fell in place for them that year. Considering how bad the jets history has been i guess they were due for a historically lucky couple of years.

The jets never were contenders and are average at best this year. LIke I said, since 69 i can only recall one year that they were a super bowl contender.

I can buy that a team makes a fluky run to a title game or SB but show me throughout history where teams make 2 consecutive fluky runs? Good luck w/ that.

Even if you don't factor 2 games against div opps it's:

72 Mia: 50-87-3, .365
70 Bal: 49-83-8,. 371

bal played a tougher sched.

No they didn't it really doesn't matter because it is like arguing over a penny when we are counting in thousands but for what it is worth the Colts regular season schedule was weaker by the slimmest of margins.

win % is nice but they only have one more SB than the lowly Jets.

I didn't change the topic, the cheating nonsense was put to bed already on the first page.

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

I can buy that a team makes a fluky run to a title game or SB but show me throughout history where teams make 2 consecutive fluky runs? Good luck w/ that.

don't you worry my friend. I'll fly down to NY and buy you a beer and we can watch the playoffs together because both our teams will be knocked out.

No they didn't it really doesn't matter because it is like arguing over a penny when we are counting in thousands but for what it is worth the Colts regular season schedule was weaker by the slimmest of margins.

No it wasn't, the #s don't lie. The win % of the opps was very close however Miami played less winning teams and zero games against playoff teams while bal played 2 against playoff teams.

McFly please come back to the 2000s.

You want to talk about which franchise is better but you only count the 2000s all of a sudden? We have the superior Team overall and just like you said above with your weakest schedule argument that the stats don't lie.

Have the Jets been better in the 2000's? sure, our team is rebuilding what do you expect?

You want to talk about which franchise is better but you only count the 2000s all of a sudden? We have the superior Team overall and just like you said above with your little weakest schedule argument that the stats don't lie.

Have the Jets been better in the 2000's? sure, our team is rebuilding what do you expect?

Your team has been rebuilding for over a decade.

You want to talk about which franchise is better but you only count the 2000s all of a sudden? We have the superior Team overall and just like you said above with your weakest schedule argument that the stats don't lie.

You haven't noticed?

Junkie doesnt like facts unless they somehow support his argument. He is indeed a cherry-picker both on and off the elementary school playground.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

And it took yours 3 decades, so what?

Your team was rebuilding for 3 before they actually managed to become anything significant.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

exactly

You can understand the testiness of jets fans. When in 40 years you had one legitimate super bowl contender and it was lost the first game of that season u can understand the frustration they must go through. I mean for over 4 decades there was only one year that they had a shot at the title and vinny had to go and blow his Achilles.

Fins fans, you think we got it bad for having an up and down past ten years. Try being the fan of a team that had one chance in 40 years and poof it was over

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't noticed?

Junkie doesnt like facts unless they somehow support his argument. He is indeed a cherry-picker both on and off the elementary school playground.

Please explain to me what the 70s have to do w/ recent, relevant history? I have never disputed Miami has the better franchise throughout history but those days are long gone.

You can understand the testiness of jets fans. When in 40 years you had one legitimate super bowl contender and it was lost the first game of that season u can understand the frustration they must go through. I mean for over 4 decades there was only one year that they had a shot at the title and vinny had to go and blow his Achilles.

Fins fans, you think we got it bad for having an up and down past ten years. Try being the fan of a team that had one chance in 40 and poof it was over

Funny coming from a phins fan that hasn't seen a SB contender in amost 20 years while each of the last 2 years we have been a game away from the SB.

Yes, jet fans have it much worse. We'd rather be 7-9 or 1-15 than reach the title game. Who wouldn't want to root for losses for a player that may or may not be good in the NFL?

Fins fans, you think we got it bad for having an up and down past ten years. Try being the fan of a team that had one chance in 40 years and poof it was over

Not to mention, Jest fans KNOW that if we beat them Monday, their season, and little run is pretty much over.

Oooohhh how quickly is Fatasuarus Rex losing that locker room. Needs to pick up his pom poms and say something else over the top to get them playing well again I imagine.

Not to mention, Jest fans KNOW that if we beat them Monday, their season, and little run is pretty much over.

Oooohhh how quickly is Fatasuarus Rex losing that locker room. Needs to pick up his pom poms and say something else over the top to get them playing well again I imagine.

with sanchez as their qb they got no shot at making a super bowl anyway lol. even with that D, OL, running game and catching every lucky break in the book the past couple of years he still couldnt do it. its gonna get a lot worse for that team before it gets better

Same Old Jets

and when we win we will be 3-3 and the season will be back on track and you guys can go back to pathetically rooting for your team to lose.

with sanchez as their qb they got no shot a making a super bowl anyway lol even with that D, OL, running game and catching every lucky break in the book the past couple of years he still couldnt do it. its gonna get a lot worse for that team before it gets better

Same Old Jets

Been in the league 2 years and we've had a chance each year. It's hard to beat that.

Back
Top Bottom