Jets Most Memorable Play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Most Memorable Play

we gave that game away, I had my trip set for Miami. I had gone to 6 straight games(home and away) leading up to the title game. I was either going to fly out to Denver or go to the SB. I decided to hold out for the SB.

So it was your fault for not going and NOT the wind. LOL.

I've seen the Fins play in Ohio 5 times over the last 25 years and they have won every game. Sometimes we feel like we are the lucky charm but eventually the trend changes.

So it was your fault for not going and NOT the wind. LOL.

I've seen the Fins play in Ohio 5 times over the last 25 years and they have won every game. Sometimes we feel like we are the lucky charm but eventually the trend changes.

I tend to blame myself:crazy:

here's the best play in Jets history

Namath01021965_zpsdcf36a6c-1.jpg

signing Namath

As a QB I agree but the guy was cool and the chicks dug him. The win over Shula's Colts lead to the two leagues merging and that changed football forever.
When i was a kid every boy wanted to grow up to be like Joe. Even us Dolphin fans. i know he was a poor role model but never the less that's how I remember it. The fact he was an alcoholic who associated with mobsters was irrelevant

Joe was the first superstar football player and was vital to the growth of pro football. Unfortunately for him and my team he wasn't durable and had major injury issues which robbed him of his great natural ability.

He belongs in the HOF for the attention he brought to the game he doesn't belong in for his actual play on the field where he only had a brief run of greatness.

If Namath played in todays NFL...he would be a god...He was Marino before there was a Marino....overrated my ass..

Oh yea...Roll Tide!!!

The first football game my folks took me to as a child was this one

[video=youtube_share;UiwjSmv0akc]http://youtu.be/UiwjSmv0akc[/video]

Had a Roll Tide pendent on my bedroom wall until i was in junior high when it was replaced with this one

14015287_1_zps2954f24c-1.jpg

Puberty always wins :)

If Namath played in todays NFL...he would be a god...He was Marino before there was a Marino....overrated my ass..

Oh yea...Roll Tide!!!

he couldn't stay healthy in his era, imagine playing bigger, stronger, faster players. Namath was overrated b/c of health, if he would have stayed healthy he would have been great but he couldn't and he wasn't great.

he couldn't stay healthy in his era, imagine playing bigger, stronger, faster players. Namath was overrated b/c of health, if he would have stayed healthy he would have been great but he couldn't and he wasn't great.

Watch his film at Bama before his knees were shot...Plus what he did in the pro's in spite of his health is awesome...that's like saying Gale Sayers was overrated because of injuries...
Being a Bama guy..I have a soft spot for Joe Willy...
NYJUNC...can i ask you a question..How old are you?...What i mean is did you watch Joe live or on old film?..Not trying to start anything.

Watch his film at Bama before his knees were shot...Plus what he did in the pro's in spite of his health is awesome...that's like saying Gale Sayers was overrated because of injuries...
Being a Bama guy..I have a soft spot for Joe Willy...
NYJUNC...can i ask you a question..How old are you?...What i mean is did you watch Joe live or on old film?..Not trying to start anything.

I am not discussing him at 'Bama, I am discussing him as a pro QB.

I am not old enough to have seen him but I am a history guy, I have seen, read, heard enough to form an educated opinion. I understand he's probably a top 5 all time talent but injuries count and the man came into the AFL hurt and kept getting hurt. it is typical Jets luck to have a talent like that and not have him healthy.

Namath and Muhammad Ali were my favorite athletes back then. My parents hated both of them but I liked the ****y
" I guarantee a win " attitude.
Both had huge balls and backed it up.

Back
Top Bottom