JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

BwanaZulia said:
Jay is out for the season, so put him there.

By position:

2 QBs
1 TE
1 RB
1 WR
1 RG
1 LB

But really, it is the QBs. If Jay had been ok, we would have won a few more, but Brooks + Vinny = 2-14.

BZ

Look you guys were talking about the Superbowl this year. Next year? All of you jets fans will now have to watch the experts talk about the Miami Dolphins, because none of them will be talking Jets like they were this year. The Jets are a train wreck and Miami is CLEARLY an UP and COMING team. Mark my words, next year? When May comes? Miami will be the team that is picked by the experts to challenge the Pats, and they will be right. Bank on it. No more JETS superbowl talk or AFC EAST talk, and you know it as well.

The Jets had their window and its now closed. Its time for Miami to have their shot at it.

NJFinFury2004 said:
Look you guys were talking about the Superbowl this year. Next year? All of you jets fans will now have to watch the experts talk about the Miami Dolphins, because none of them will be talking Jets like they were this year. The Jets are a train wreck and Miami is CLEARLY an UP and COMING team. Mark my words, next year? When May comes? Miami will be the team that is picked by the experts to challenge the Pats, and they will be right. Bank on it. No more JETS superbowl talk or AFC EAST talk, and you know it as well.

The Jets had their window and its now closed. Its time for Miami to have their shot at it.

Miami looks like they may be up and coming BUT your D is getting old and you have alot of older players, you have a few good young guys but not many and still don't have a QB. For years we had to listen to the media hype up the dolphins only to see you fail year after year so the media hype will be nothing new and based on the way you are finishing this year you'll deserve some hype for next year and we will not. That's ok w/ me, the media doesn't determine who wins games.

i believe '99 was the only dolphin team that was a preseason favorite to win the super bowl by any major publication.... can you please enlighten us to each specific year when were were supposed to run the table?

just curious... or are you just speaking in vague generalities again about what it "felt" like back then?

nyjunc said:
Miami looks like they may be up and coming BUT your D is getting old and you have alot of older players, you have a few good young guys but not many and still don't have a QB. For years we had to listen to the media hype up the dolphins only to see you fail year after year so the media hype will be nothing new and based on the way you are finishing this year you'll deserve some hype for next year and we will not. That's ok w/ me, the media doesn't determine who wins games.

1- we had differnt coaches

2- what QB do you have? Chad 'The Lobber' Pennington? or as i like to call him 'Mr Glass'

at least our QB's can last a whole season, what are you on now like your 5th string QB?

PressCoverage said:
i believe '99 was the only dolphin team that was a preseason favorite to win the super bowl by any major publication.... can you please enlighten us to each specific year when were were supposed to run the table?

just curious... or are you just speaking in vague generalities again about what it "felt" like back then?

'98, '99, , '01, '02, '03 were all years you were mentioned as a possible SB team and yet you never even came close. In '99 before all our injuries we were the favorites in the AFC but alot of folks also like Miami but year after year(w/ the exception of '00 where many thought you'd be bad w/o Dan & JJ) we kept hearing how Miami was a team expectd to make a run at the SB and yet you never even came close to making a conf title game.

Alex22 said:
1- we had differnt coaches

2- what QB do you have? Chad 'The Lobber' Pennington? or as i like to call him 'Mr Glass'

at least our QB's can last a whole season, what are you on now like your 5th string QB?

Chad last year playing w/ a torn rotator cuff is still better than what you have now. Hopefully he can come back and if he can he'll be better than what you got. I don't know if we'll bounce back and contend for the playoffs next year, we have alot of cap issues so I'll wait to see what we do before I strat talking about next year for us. I do think you guys are in better shape as of now for next year but you do have age on that D and you do have QB issues.

nyjunc said:
'98, '99, , '01, '02, '03 were all years you were mentioned as a possible SB team and yet you never even came close. In '99 before all our injuries we were the favorites in the AFC but alot of folks also like Miami but year after year(w/ the exception of '00 where many thought you'd be bad w/o Dan & JJ) we kept hearing how Miami was a team expectd to make a run at the SB and yet you never even came close to making a conf title game.

again, more vague generalities... which, somehow, leave so many (most) of your posts falling flat...

... were all years you were mentioned as a possible SB team and yet you never even came close ...

who mentioned such all those years? what exactly does "possible super bowl team" mean, by your definition?... again, are these facts, or subjectivity based on how it felt at the time?

i mean, i know i loathe over-inflated boasts by the media about the Jets year in and year out... but, then i think for a moment, and rationalize that it's just that i hate the jets so much that makes it SEEM like they're getting so much media attention...

who in their right mind thought the Dolphins were a Super Bowl contender in '98? with John Avery as our starting running back? i sure didn't ... i can't remember a single publication that picked Miami that year...

2000? you've got to be kidding... i have a Pro Football Weekly preseason magazine right here it had them coming in third in the division!... 2001? picked a playoff team in the same magazine, but not even mentioned as winning a playoff game... 2002? not even making the playoffs in Lindy's...

in fact, the entire Marino hangover/Fiedler years the dolphins got less and less acclaim with each season... and there wasn't much to begin with in 2000...

so, again... i know you hate Miami so much and all... but let's not distort the truth because of your dispassion for us... because to me, it sure seems like you guys are the preseason media darlings a lot more often than us...

i mean, i know i loathe over-inflated boasts by the media about the Jets year in and year out... but, then i think for a moment, and rationalize that it's just that i hate the jets so much that makes it SEEM like they're getting so much media attention...

year in and year out :lol: We had good pres coming into this year, '99 and '02 and that's it.

who in their right mind thought the Dolphins were a Super Bowl contender in '98? with John Avery as our starting running back? i sure didn't ... i can't remember a single publication that picked Miami that year...

Alot of people, You had a supposed big time, young D(though we know that wasn't true now), still had Dan, had a decent RB in Abdul-Jabar and a 1st rd pick at RB in Avery, had Jimmy Johnson in year 3 and an excellent K.

2000? you've got to be kidding... i have a Pro Football Weekly preseason magazine right here it had them coming in third in the division!...

Do you read? I said 2000 was the only year you weren't picked. After your year in 2000 you were a hot pick and definitely in 2002 after you acquired Ricky. Ricky was suppsoed to be the missing piece to at leats get to an AFC Title Game yet you never even played a playoff game w/ him.

in fact, the entire Marino hangover/Fiedler years the dolphins got less and less acclaim with each season... and there wasn't much to begin with in 2000...

Not true at all, in the year after JJ & dan left I agree but after you won 11 games and the division yuo became a hot pick again especially after you got Ricky.

PressCoverage said:
... were all years you were mentioned as a possible SB team and yet you never even came close ...

Same place you were in all the years you were favored to win the AFC East.

Not there.

How many years do the Dolphins get in a Marino Hangover?

BZ

nyjunc said:
Chad last year playing w/ a torn rotator cuff is still better than what you have now. Hopefully he can come back and if he can he'll be better than what you got. I don't know if we'll bounce back and contend for the playoffs next year, we have alot of cap issues so I'll wait to see what we do before I strat talking about next year for us. I do think you guys are in better shape as of now for next year but you do have age on that D and you do have QB issues.

As for our defensive age

We have done a good job for filling the gaps that will be created, through the draft we have some really good young defensive talent

I dont think chad is that good, no offense meant

His arm strength is a question and his name...or what I call him 'Mr Glass'

Thats not to say he isnt a good QB, but I dont think he is what one would call great

Alex22 said:
As for our defensive age

We have done a good job for filling the gaps that will be created, through the draft we have some really good young defensive talent

Thats not to say he isnt a good QB, but I dont think he is what one would call great

When healthy Chad is one of the better QBs in the game, unfortunately he can't stay healthy.

Alex22 said:
As for our defensive age

Chad is not great. At this point, he is above average. Very few good or great QBs out there in the league, and only one in the AFC East.

I admit that every year I look at the Dolphins D and see its age, and every year you guys play damn tough.

BZ

nyjunc said:
When healthy Chad is one of the better QBs in the game, unfortunately he can't stay healthy.

I rank chad right about in the middle as far as QB's are go, good accuracy, but arm strength leaves a lot to be desired

Alex22 said:
I rank chad right about in the middle as far as QB's are go, good accuracy, but arm strength leaves a lot to be desired

Arm strength can be overrated, I'd rather have an accurate QB w/ an average arm than an inaccurate guy w/ a rocket arm. Ask the Giant fans about Eli Manning, he is killing them and keeping opponents in games or giving away games w/ his inaccuracy.

nyjunc said:
Arm strength can be overrated, I'd rather have an accurate QB w/ an average arm than an inaccurate guy w/ a rocket arm. Ask the Giant fans about Eli Manning, he is killing them and keeping opponents in games or giving away games w/ his inaccuracy.

Guys a little down w arm I can understand

Chad is well below average wrm strength

he makes up for it in good decisions

but he really isnt enough of a threat to throw the ball deep to be considerd a great QB

Back
Top Bottom