JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

This is a guess at best. Rotator Cuff surgery is a very serious surgery for an athlete. There was a doctor on the NFL Network who specialized in that surgery who talked about that. While I think he will be fine, to say he will be better than before is a flat out joke.

He was ok w/ a torn rotator cuff, at worst he should be better than he was last year.

A rookie kicker. He may turn out to be great, but hasn't kicked a single kick in the NFL. Brien won you that SD game, no?

I agree, I think Nugent will be very good but who knows. As for brien, one of the reasons we were in OT was b/c he msised a 29 yarder and let's not go crazy on him "winning" the game for us, that was a chip shot 32 yarder he hit.

Dinger hasn't won jack in this league and you guys act like he has won 20 Super Bowls. Last time I checked the Titans were not Indy. that said I agree that this was an improvement for the Jets.

he did turn Mcnair from a running QB into a big time passer and league MVP and he turned Mason froma STer into a bit time WR while also having success w/ developing McCareins & bennett and his O performed well w/ Billy Volek. Any way you slice it this is a MAJOR upgrade from the worst OC in the history of professional football.

nyjunc said:
he did turn Mcnair from a running QB into a big time passer and league MVP and he turned Mason froma STer into a bit time WR while also having success w/ developing McCareins & bennett and his O performed well w/ Billy Volek. Any way you slice it this is a MAJOR upgrade from the worst OC in the history of professional football.
Maybe we can Pair him with Wanny and Tom Olivadotti and assemble the worst staff EVAR!

zeke0123 said:
Maybe we can Pair him with Wanny and Tom Olivadotti and assemble the worst staff EVAR!

Kotitie has to be the HC of that group :lol:

nyjunc said:
Kotitie has to be the HC of that group :lol:
True Kotite has Wannys number....OMG he sucked.

I've kept up with the NFL daily for the past 7 months.

As far as I know, Pennington's injury has been overstated. He was throwing with his receivers before training camp, he took them out and worked on routes together. Carson Palmer did the same thing with Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh. I believe this was reported by Adam Shefter on NFL Total Access.

Herm Edwards has always said Pennington's surgery was serious, it is serious. As far as I'm concerned, they've been overstating it. I've read nothing stating he can't throw the ball, they even just did a 30 minute program on Jets Training Camp and Pennington was leading them on drives.

I think the OP post may be a direct result of frusteration rather than informative information. If there is insider information, Herm Edwards wouldn't be saying Pennington's been having it rough for the past 6 months. No quarterback has ever gone through this surgery, but any quarterback that works on timing with his receivers in the offseason, is shown throwing passes whole emphasizing the shot gun in training camp, and is leading his offense on drives is able to throw the ball, period.

Part of the mystery of the NFL is keeping injuries low key. I have read every Chad article for months and from every angle, it sounds like he is throwing "ok" but is building back his strength and timing.

The real and bigger question is whether he plays in some or any of the pre-season games.

Personally, I think he should play for a bit to get some practice in and play at game speed.

BZ

Obviously his arm his not at full strength, he only started throwing about a month or so ago and didn't throw on consecutive days until TC started last week so he is going to be fatigued. He has plenty of time to work through it and build up his arm strength. I will not worry about his arm until we get close to Week 1 and these same stories are out.

I thought of this thread when I was looking at the standings today........

Any Jets fans still around??

burger13 said:

YES, I told you guys I don't run and hide just b/c we stink. I takle the good w/ the bad.

burger13 said:

Yuppers.

I will be back next week because I am heading down to Miami for the game.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
How about some facts...

- Chad will be better now than when we went into and won against SD in the playoffs.
- The defense is faster, younger and another year more experience.
- We have a kicker which is the only reason we didn't go to the AFC championship game
- New OC is all good. New schemes. Less predictable.
- Coles is back.
- Justin Miller was a steal in the second round and a ball hawk.
- We have a HoF RB with good backups.
- Have you heard of our new Aussie punter... good luck on the returns.

Of course, we could talk about the No QB, No RB, O-line and old defense of the Miami Dolphins who went 4-12 last year, but that would be cruel.

BZ
lol great facts

BwanaZulia said:
Yuppers.

I will be back next week because I am heading down to Miami for the game.

BZ

here, you'll need some comfort;

FF94175l-1.jpg

All those points were valid when we were healthy(as you guys noticed in Week 2 and we weren't even fully healthy then) but that wasn't long. That's life in the NFL, injuries can take you right out of it and I don't think I have ever seen a team in a worse situation injury wise than this Jets team.

cnc66 said:
here, you'll need some comfort;

FF94175l-1.jpg
I hate to rain on your great record, but as bad as the Jet's are this year, the best you can do against us is split with us. So, until you beat us, we still have the Dolphins number.

Back
Top Bottom