JETS off to Rocky Start!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JETS off to Rocky Start!!!

Iroquois Joe said:
Well, this year you have the new guy Nugent, he should be an improvement.

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!

He looks like a winner, but we shall see. Plenty of flops coming out of the draft. I am amazed he is reported to be such a big team leader and was voted team captian and MVP. That says a TON about a kicker.

Either way, we hope to have the same situation this year and maybe we can go to that next level.

BZ

nyjunc said:
I come here to talk AFC East, to get a Jets perspective from opposing fans and to get a dolphin perspective from dolphin fans. Obsessed? No, just trying to get more info on the enemy.
well if it's perspective you want here it is: we as fin fans hate the jets and think they will always be worse than they really are and we always think the fins will be better than they are. jets fans hate the dolphins and think they will be worse than they are and that the jets will be better than they are. of course you came to this conclusion after about 50 post, the other 2200 plus posts is where the obsession part comes in. kinda odd that the guy makes one thread about the jets and you call him obsessed yet you're here only to get "perspectives". riiiiiiiiight.

dodge said:
well if it's perspective you want here it is: we as fin fans hate the jets and think they will always be worse than they really are and we always think the fins will be better than they are. jets fans hate the dolphins and think they will be worse than they are and that the jets will be better than they are. of course you came to this conclusion after about 50 post, the other 2200 plus posts is where the obsession part comes in. kinda odd that the guy makes one thread about the jets and you call him obsessed yet you're here only to get "perspectives". riiiiiiiiight.

Actually there are multiple threads on the Jets and how we will suck when all the evidence points towards another successful season. There are alot of great, rational posters on this board and those are the folks I enjoy posting w/. The other humor me but for real football talk there is a great core.

Just had to read this all and laugh. I admire the dedication we all have to our teams. This was a nice read with not a ton of personal attacks.
I am just hoping Fiedler does get a start, and thanks for picking him up. We may now have a chance of catching one of his balls and Madison running in for a T.D.
It is going to be a running back's game come 9/18. Both of us have QB problems.
ANd that is my :2c:
:missmeth:

BwanaZulia said:
If it happened last year you would.

BZ

I could. If you watched Rian Lindell miss a chip-shot and totally swing the momentum in the Steeler game. So, yes, you can say a kicker cost the Bills a playoff berth but I don't bring it up in every post.

A kicker is part of the team, what makes you think bringing in a rookie kicker will change all that? A rookie kicker last year was the reason the Jets got as far as they did.

nyjunc said:
Actually there are multiple threads on the Jets and how we will suck when all the evidence points towards another successful season. There are alot of great, rational posters on this board and those are the folks I enjoy posting w/. The other humor me but for real football talk there is a great core.
maybe there are multiple threads on the jets, maybe the guy i'm talking about started them all. but if he didn't, don't you see the irony and humor of a jet fan on a fin board with over 2200 posts calling a one thread jet posting as being obsessed. if not, then you should get a sense of humor, because i think you are going to need one this year. lol

dodge said:
maybe there are multiple threads on the jets, maybe the guy i'm talking about started them all. but if he didn't, don't you see the irony and humor of a jet fan on a fin board with over 2200 posts calling a one thread jet posting as being obsessed.
That's why the forum is called "BEATS OF THE AFC EAST"...For rival fans and you all...I don't see the big problem, it's not like he's trolling in the Phin fourm just spewing bull**** and trying to instigate **** like BLITZKRIEG does all day at TGG, so it's OK for him to do what he does, but when a Jets fans potsts here it's alla sudden a bad thing

BwanaZulia said:
How about some facts...

- Chad will be better now than when we went into and won against SD in the playoffs.
- The defense is faster, younger and another year more experience.
- We have a kicker which is the only reason we didn't go to the AFC championship game
- New OC is all good. New schemes. Less predictable.
- Coles is back.
- Justin Miller was a steal in the second round and a ball hawk.
- We have a HoF RB with good backups.
- Have you heard of our new Aussie punter... good luck on the returns.

Of course, we could talk about the No QB, No RB, O-line and old defense of the Miami Dolphins who went 4-12 last year, but that would be cruel.

BZ

- Chad will be better now than when we went into and won against SD in the playoffs.

This is a guess at best. Rotator Cuff surgery is a very serious surgery for an athlete. There was a doctor on the NFL Network who specialized in that surgery who talked about that. While I think he will be fine, to say he will be better than before is a flat out joke.

I agree

- We have a kicker which is the only reason we didn't go to the AFC championship game

A rookie kicker. He may turn out to be great, but hasn't kicked a single kick in the NFL. Brien won you that SD game, no?

Dinger hasn't won jack in this league and you guys act like he has won 20 Super Bowls. Last time I checked the Titans were not Indy. that said I agree that this was an improvement for the Jets.

- Coles is back.

This should be a boost to Penny, but his Turf Toe is an issue. And it's one that returns a lot. You also lost Moss. Overall though I like this as an upgrade.

Justin Miller is a rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL. He may have been a ball hawk in college, but spare me the good at college equals good in the NFL. Steals can't be judged until 2-3 years after a draft. Stop guaranteeing rookies performances in the NFL before they play a game. That said, he will probably be a good player.

I agree.

Yikes. Johnny Training Camp again. If you are seriously acting pompous about rookies you got another thing coming.

Dirtywater said:

This is a guess at best. Rotator Cuff surgery is a very serious surgery for an athlete. There was a doctor on the NFL Network who specialized in that surgery who talked about that. While I think he will be fine, to say he will be better than before is a flat out joke.

I agree

A rookie kicker. He may turn out to be great, but hasn't kicked a single kick in the NFL. Brien won you that SD game, no?

Dinger hasn't won jack in this league and you guys act like he has won 20 Super Bowls. Last time I checked the Titans were not Indy. that said I agree that this was an improvement for the Jets.

- Coles is back.

This should be a boost to Penny, but his Turf Toe is an issue. And it's one that returns a lot. You also lost Moss. Overall though I like this as an upgrade.

Justin Miller is a rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL. He may have been a ball hawk in college, but spare me the good at college equals good in the NFL. Steals can't be judged until 2-3 years after a draft. Stop guaranteeing rookies performances in the NFL before they play a game. That said, he will probably be a good player.

I agree.

Yikes. Johnny Training Camp again. If you are seriously acting pompous about rookies you got another thing coming.

Yes, Johnny Training Camp... the Jets had 4 rookies in rotation last year who all made a difference. Vilma/Coleman/Strait/Cotchery. So I am not being crazy when I think a few more rookies will add well to the situation.

Dinger hasn't won Jack, and how much has your OC/DC won? How about the Dolphins HC? The point is we have a good HC, a proven DC and a new OC with NFL OC experience from a good team. It is like cornbread, nothing wrong with that.

BZ

BwanaZulia said:
Yes, Johnny Training Camp... the Jets had 4 rookies in rotation last year who all made a difference. Vilma/Coleman/Strait/Cotchery. So I am not being crazy when I think a few more rookies will add well to the situation.

Dinger hasn't won Jack, and how much has your OC/DC won? How about the Dolphins HC? The point is we have a good HC, a proven DC and a new OC with NFL OC experience from a good team. It is like cornbread, nothing wrong with that.

BZ

BZ, I'll take that as I was right. That was your weakest response yet and you are a good poster.

Dirtywater said:
BZ, I'll take that as I was right. That was your weakest response yet and you are a good poster.

You are right in that they have not played a down of NFL football, but you are wrong in that the Jets cannot be excited about their prospects as we have proven that we can take rookies and turn them into first year difference makers.

As for the Dinger, prove to me that he has less experience than anyone else in the AFC East running the offense.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. :)

BZ

NYJ EcKo151 said:
That's why the forum is called "BEATS OF THE AFC EAST"...For rival fans and you all...I don't see the big problem, it's not like he's trolling in the Phin fourm just spewing bull**** and trying to instigate **** like BLITZKRIEG does all day at TGG, so it's OK for him to do what he does, but when a Jets fans potsts here it's alla sudden a bad thing
... first off it's "beast" not "beats". second thing is this thread was started in another forum and got moved. third thing, who said there was a big problem? and fourth thing, maybe a lot of people don't know what irony means and therefore don't get the humor. i thought it was ironic and i thought it was funny. btw, i thought it was pretty funny that "while setting me strait" on why the forum is called something particular that you misspelled it and capitalized it also. but hey thats just me, not taking life too seriously and finding humor where i can.

The JETS won't get that stadium now, its been DENIED! Where have you been? Also, you have lost 2 D lineman and O tackle and your QB is hitting the dirt on throws over 35 yards, IM just saying what's being said right now! He is struggling!

Martin is great bla bla, he is 32 anyway you look at it and your centerpiece of the offense. You have a new O COORDINATOR who likes to throw the ball downfield and neither of your QB'S have the arm to do so.

Blaylock is certainly not Jordan. Herm Edwards is the worst coach in the AFC EAST, no argument about this, he single handed lost 2 football games for you guys last year Rvens and Rams.

Miami has more talent than the JETS top to bottom and will finish ahead of them.

NJFinFury2004 said:
The JETS won't get that stadium now, its been DENIED! Where have you been? Also, you have lost 2 D lineman and O tackle and your QB is hitting the dirt on throws over 35 yards, IM just saying what's being said right now! He is struggling!

Martin is great bla bla, he is 32 anyway you look at it and your centerpiece of the offense. You have a new O COORDINATOR who likes to throw the ball downfield and neither of your QB'S have the arm to do so.

Blaylock is certainly not Jordan. Herm Edwards is the worst coach in the AFC EAST, no argument about this, he single handed lost 2 football games for you guys last year Rvens and Rams.

Miami has more talent than the JETS top to bottom and will finish ahead of them.

Bold prediction from a 4-12 team.

- Herm is second only to BB in the AFC East.
- Blaylock put up better numbers last year than Jordan and Jordan was a malcontent. He was a powerful runner, but we shall see if he can handle the load.
- Martin has made everyone wrong year after year, I don't see that changing his year. You can keep doubting him and he can keep beating you.
- You talk about loses, but you say nothing about all the gains so you are clearly blinded.
- The West Side Stadium is probably dead as it was presented before. It should be interesting to see if it can be resurrected somewhere else or as something else.

Lastly Chad.... He had major surgery and is fighting back. Nothing is going to be perfect until half way through the season. That being said, he can and does play hurt and his left pinky is a better QB than both of your 1a/1b starters.

Nicky wanted Alex at #2 and didn't get him now he is stuck with next to nothing.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom