Jets probably won't take Leinart | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets probably won't take Leinart

If it came to it, the Saints future is so muddy that I think Leinart might pull an Eli Manning and tell them he won't play for them. It has to be considered a valid threat too, because he already passed up the NFL for ballroom dancing once...it couldn't hurt TOO much more to do it again, stay in hollywood for a year still partying with hot women and living like a celeb. Mike Williams still got taken #10 and he hadn't played football in like 2 years.

Why, because they are done with Aaron Brooks and need a QB, that's WHY!

kastofsna120 said:
i think oakland won't either. andrew walter is a stud

I was hoping we'd be able to pick him in the 4th last year. Damned Raiders. To quote Blue Lazer, "I hate them so much!"

Ah, well. The draft turned out pretty nicely for us, lol.

Phinman said:
Why, because they are done with Aaron Brooks and need a QB, that's WHY!

I think he thought you meant that the Saints won't take Leinart. They would, I just speculate that Matt would pull an Eli Manning if it looked like he might end up a Saint.

Oakland would not let Andrew Walter's presence prevent them from taking Matt Leinart. Any team that does that, passes on Leinart because you like your 4th round guy, is just idiotic. Sorry.

kastofsna120 said:
um, no, that won't happen. rodgers fell because he had too many questions on him. leinart doesn't really (nothing major anyway) and was the lock for #1 overall last year. he's done nothing to hurt his stock, if anything he improved it. he'll still be the first QB taken, or GMs will lose their jobs when they draft vince young or whatever other oevrhyped trash is sitting around

I hope the other GM's draft those overhyped QBs and maybe allow us to have a shot at Leinart maybe through a quick trade-up. If he wears aqua and white next season, I'm all for it.

we need a good qb here people and i say we trade up to get quinn or linehart and roll on down the road because we ane not going to get a good playmaker at where we pick its that simple. but who the heck knows.

It kind of sucks this year because so many other teams suddenly need a QB for the future. Titans, Jets, Saints, and possibly the Texans and Ravens. I know there is not going to be enough "Great" Qb's in the draft so we might be kind of screwed.

Leinart is a higher rated QB then Young. Doesn't matter how the national championship goes, all of Matt's QB mechanics are leagues above Young's.

We would have to sort of hope that the Texans and Ravens decide to give their young guys another year. The Jets are kind of hemming and hawing right now, hard to figure out. It's like they want Phil Rivers, Vince Young, or Jay Cutler, but not Matt Leinart. Makes no sense. Rivers and Leinart are kind of similar except Leinart has a little bit of a stronger arm and flawless mechanics. I do still think New Orleans future is so bleak that some players might try and snub them. I'm sure the Titans would take Matt Leinart in a heart beat...but not so sure about the other guys (Cutler, Young).

Leinart, Young, Cutler, and the rest of the QB class this year is pretty deep that I'm not worrying too much who falls to us. Any I do say "fall", because whoever we get will turn out to be a gem.

I just want a good young QB that we can mold into our franchise QB for the next 5+ years. Obviously, I prefer Cutler but I'm just ready for some stability at QB and not other teams castoffs. I'm tired of the mediocra Qb play we've had since Dan.

SpeedRush99 said:
I just want a good young QB that we can mold into our franchise QB for the next 5+ years. Obviously, I prefer Cutler but I'm just ready for some stability at QB and not other teams castoffs. I'm tired of the mediocra Qb play we've had since Dan.

Yeah, we all want that...but it's good to maintain a healthy fear that a guy like Cutler will be yet another in a loooong line of first round busts.

Leinart is deffenitly the best QB in the draft. and he will be the first QB taken, even if Vince Young goes or Brady Quinn. Leinart is a top 5 pick.

Back
Top Bottom